Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you have a haircut?

Asssaalamu Alaikum,

How often do you have a haircut? My hair grows quick man, and I can't be botherd to style it or anything in the morning or whenever, so I leave it to settle after a shower most times.

But I have a haircut like every 2.5 weeks. What about you?

Re: How often do you have a haircut?

:wswrwb: grow it shoulder length bro, sunnah style, it will just need a little trim every few months then.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

once every 3 months. Last time had long hair and didn't cut for 1.3 years.
      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Ive had one proper haircut in like 4 years. Thats when i went to Umrah, got it all bladed off, felt pretty cool.

But then i grew my hair back ... I dont count trimming as actually cutting the hair.

Comment

twice a week

Comment

↑Haircut?

Me - Months...
            Long hair is hard to manage, though.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I used to cut it every 5 months but now every 2 weeks coz of school, they don't let me have a big hair eventhough it's Sunnah! (Islamic school BTW)
              http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                :wswrwb: grow it shoulder length bro, sunnah style, it will just need a little trim every few months then.
                there is no sunnah style regarding aircuts as the prophet pbuh had hair of all lenghs basicly, and as far as i know there is no narration about growing the hair.
                painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I cut my own hair nowadays :) . Got a decent scissor and hair clipper.

:salams
                  Fe Aman Allah
                  "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
                  -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
                  Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

Weekly, for lads i'd think.
                    Long is good :up:, just look after it.
                    "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                      I used to cut it every 5 months but now every 2 weeks coz of school, they don't let me have a big hair eventhough it's Sunnah! (Islamic school BTW)
                      That's stupid. Why won't they let you grow it?

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                        there is no sunnah style regarding aircuts as the prophet pbuh had hair of all lenghs basicly, and as far as i know there is no narration about growing the hair.
                        I've read in a site that long hair and short hair are both sunnah because he :saw: had both and then another site said what you are talking about. There's no sunnah hair cut.
                        So, depends who you ask. But, you can't say long hair is sunnah alone because he :saw: had short hair at times too, and I think sometimes he had them braided, too.
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          I've read in a site that long hair and short hair are both sunnah because he :saw: had both and then another site said what you are talking about. There's no sunnah hair cut.
                          So, depends who you ask. But, you can't say long hair is sunnah alone because he :saw: had short hair at times too, and I think sometimes he had them braided, too.
                          So you can say it's all sunnah init.
                          Do one after another inshaaAllah.
                          Aah braids.
                          "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Once a month.

Does hair go thinner if you cut it too often?
                            Short hair is so much less hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by badr_ View Post
                              Once a month.

Does hair go thinner if you cut it too often?
                              Short hair is so much less hassle.
                              No only with age or illness.
                              glass half empty

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X