Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help quitting marijuana/weed/cannabis/pot

Salaam u alaikum, :D

I am 18 and 19 in a few days.. I started smoking cannabis at the age of 16 and have been high every day since.. I have had alot of problems at home and family deaths and i found this a way for me to escape from reality. I know what I did is haram and wrong, I dont need someone to preach to me about what I did but now i just need help to stop. I am quitting because i want to pray more often.. iv begun to feel anxious, depressed, dry/dull, lost many friends and only hang around with other people that smoke. I have also lost my motivation, drive and charisma. I don't feel as sharp as I used to be and i just want to return to normal .:( I would like to know if there are any really good dua's which can help me be the old me and improve my health.

Jazak'allah

Salaam u alaikum

Re: Need help quitting marijuana/weed/cannabis/pot

wa alikumu salam

yeah, the effects of being a stoner.

but you have taken the first step to being cured.

the first thing you should do, is make 2 rakat, and beg Allah for his help.

secondly, you could say a million duas if you like, but the most important thing is the sincerity involved in your effort. if you want to quit, then be sincere to yourself, and to Allah, and dont say "this will be my last joint" cause you will never have your last spliff if you think like that.

to quit pot you litterally have to cut off ties to it in every way.

healthwise, you will never be as sharp as you once were, unless Allah blesses you in a big way. the permafry lasts for a long, long time. i havent toked since i was 18, and im 21 now, and i still have burnout moments. the pathways in you brain get all messed up...there is no way to fix that, unless Allah specificly blesses you.

however you will gain some of your sharpness back, depending on how much youve done and also depending on the type of weed you smoked.

the stonger the stuff, the more dammage.

remember, Allah says that he dosent change the hearts untill the people change themself. so, if you make the sincere effort, Allah will help you through this difficulty.

salam.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
      wa alikumu salam

yeah, the effects of being a stoner.

but you have taken the first step to being cured.

the first thing you should do, is make 2 rakat, and beg Allah for his help.

secondly, you could say a million duas if you like, but the most important thing is the sincerity involved in your effort. if you want to quit, then be sincere to yourself, and to Allah, and dont say "this will be my last joint" cause you will never have your last spliff if you think like that.

to quit pot you litterally have to cut off ties to it in every way.

healthwise, you will never be as sharp as you once were, unless Allah blesses you in a big way. the permafry lasts for a long, long time. i havent toked since i was 18, and im 21 now, and i still have burnout moments. the pathways in you brain get all messed up...there is no way to fix that, unless Allah specificly blesses you.

however you will gain some of your sharpness back, depending on how much youve done and also depending on the type of weed you smoked.

the stonger the stuff, the more dammage.

remember, Allah says that he dosent change the hearts untill the people change themself. so, if you make the sincere effort, Allah will help you through this difficulty.

salam.
      Jazak'allah for your support brother Umar..

I am just really gutted that i lost my sharpness and I will do dua for Allahs help. And yes i smoke for 2 years of high grade (cheese,haze etc) and i am truly willing to quit now. I am also constantly burnt out and when I get high I just go into a shell and cannot talk and struggle to laugh where as before I couldnt help but get the giggles. I will do dua now because I am going to read asr saaat.. i am wondering if my salaat would be counted because i had some last night? because I heard that you cannot pray till up to 40 days if you have an intoxicant.. any suggestions?

Comment

no, you still have to pray. ill finnish this off in another post so that you can go make salah.
        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

like i said, you still have to make salah.

however the slaah will not be accpeted or the dua. basicly no blessings will come from the salah.

thats not to say that the one who repents falls into that catagory. the ulema differ on one makes tawbah then makes salah. some will say that if allah forgave, then the salah is accepted, and if he dident forgive, then the slah is not accepted, while others say that its not accepted even if Allah accepted your tawbah.

in any case, make your salah, and do good deeds that please Allah. Allah is the most forgiving brother so do not feel hopeless.

you ability to laugh and all that will come back. i was talking like booksmarts, or your ability to learn, it wont be like before. some of it will come back, in like 10 years then maybe you will gain most of it back as your body filters out all the thc from your brain recpetors, but its not an overnight thing.

actually for the next few weeks expect everything to be really really weird. like i remember when i quit i couldent walk in a stight line, because from being so stoned all the time i got used to walking lazy. you going to notice like alot of things that are just.....different. its like being reborn i swear. the first couple of days you feel like a fish out of water.

but after that you gain confidence rapidy. you feel better, have motavation, able to meet people, talk with them, get back on your feet. you feel like a new man, ready to take on the world. very confident.

actualyl ide suggest you join a marital arts club, as physicly speaking that type of exersise will combat the burnout alot. you regain your balance and endurance. you'll actually be able to run a mile eventually without gasping for air.

and like i said, Allah is the judge. have hope in him, hope that he accepts you, and be thankfull that he has put somthing in your heart that makes you want to quit. this is a great blessing from Allah on you, that alot of people are deprived from.

the reson why you shell is cause you smoked too much, and became abit antisocial. its good you stoped now, cause from here you go all skitzo.
          Last edited by uncle umar; 06-02-11, 04:23 PM.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

assalamu alaykum brother,

alhumdu'lillah that you want to quit, and indeed Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala guides whom He, jalla wa 'aala wills.

you need to repent because drugs is no minor issue. Be sincere in your desire to quit and in sha 'Allah ta'aala it will be made easy for you. Do extra ibaadah if you can, read qur'aan, listen to lectures etc. It's also very important that you cut off from those friends of yours who you used to smoke with, because sometimes they can tempt you back to the jahil ways that you were once upon.

you need to focus on your deen and in sha Allah ta'aala the motivation that you once had will come back. As it relates to losing your sharpness, then in sha Allah ta'aala start exercising, join a gym and eat healthy, drinks loads of water and you will deffo see an improvement. Basically, you need to keep yourself occupied, because once you are bored and lonely, then Allahu aalum, but the desire to smoke may come again.

also, have trust in Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala and tell yourself that you CAN do it because with the permission of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala, you CAN!
            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Jazak'allah for the help and may allah reward you...

I feel much better you saying all of this because its everything i needed to know and really needed the reassurance.
              I also used to do Wing chun from 15-17 but stopped and lost motivation because of bud.. and one thing big on my mind was to start martial arts again for my mind,body and soul.. that you mentioned which cannot be just a coincidence!

And yes i have become very anti social and struggle alot to talk and express myself through speech.. Iv begun to speak jibberish but alhamdullillah i am quitting.... you also mentioned about skitzo.. it actually feels like that... i used to go buy a bag, go to the park, and smoke weed and just chill there for HOURS doing nothing.. and i just feel completely normal doing it i didn't feel uncomfortable.. but this is only since i started smoking.. because before i couldnt be alone outside somwhere just sitting down.. it wouldnt feel right.. this must be the weed? and not just me maturing? but yeah thanks alot for the help.. i've prayed asr and did dua from the heart...

Comment

Salaam u alaikum, alhamdullilah i will try my best to take on board what you and umar have told me , i really needed the support from people who i could actually talk to.. because everyone around me smokes weed and its not wise to talk to family about it because they would have blown things out of proportion.
                I am going to start exercising and everything and inshallah everything will go back to normal.

Jazak'allah for the support sister and may Allah swt reward you... appreciated :) +rep

Comment

Originally posted by h.k View Post
                  Salaam u alaikum, alhamdullilah i will try my best to take on board what you and umar have told me , i really needed the support from people who i could actually talk to.. because everyone around me smokes weed and its not wise to talk to family about it because they would have blown things out of proportion.
                  I am going to start exercising and everything and inshallah everything will go back to normal.

Jazak'allah for the support sister and may Allah swt reward you... appreciated :) +rep
                  also brother, a few words of encouragement, i know someone who used to smoke weed everyday too and also some other stronger drugs, and literally one day she was smoking weed and the day after, shes a muslim and praying 5x a day etc so it's not impossible, despite what some people will say to you. it all depends on how sincere you are and if you are giving up for the right reasons.

because you see some people, they quit because there is a hole in their pocket, so to save money, they say 'oh i aint ever going to smoke again' but then few weeks later they are back at it, why? cus their intentions aint pure.

there's been loads of people who used to be addicted to drugs and now they are practising muslims wal hamdu'lillah so you have to know that you are not alone in this situation and the muslim community have fixed up and realised that youngsters need help

http://www.fmo.org.uk/Projects/Drugs...B/Default.aspx

if you see the link, its a project called drugs3, its run by muslims and you may find it helpful.

also, you may at times find it difficult and think 'ah im really stressed, need to bun it out' (LOL, i just thought id use some ghetto language there) but know that these thoughts are from the shayateen, and if you overcome your desires, then in sha Allah ta'aala you will be rewarded.

its not easy to talk about drugs, but alhumdu'lillah you sought advice, so may Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala make it easy for you
                  http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

a good idea too might be getting into a good crew, some brothers from the masjid or somthing. that way, you have some good influence arround you.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

i would suggest you to get a good company which will keep you away from marijuana another, you should get engaged your self into some activity that wold make you feel forget every thing.

Comment

Make Duaa And Leave Those Friends Who Have This Affect On You
                        And He found you lost and guided you,
                        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Working...
                        X