Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statues in the home...

Hmm, yes please.
    Nah mirror's right, saw it off init, but then it won't look AS nice.

Originally posted by loonietoonie
    What about dolls and stuffed animals? it comes under the same prohibition?
    I guess it is.
    My teddddiiiieesss ! :(
    "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Lol. I was kidding.
      But, now that I think about it...You can saw it off and put some flower on top or some decoration. It'll look fine.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
        wow that's beautiful.

I'd avoid because of the birds, unless you can get rid of the eyes.

I have a follow up on this though.

What about dolls and stuffed animals? it comes under the same prohibition?
        dolls and toy animals are an exception, there are sahih hadeeths that refer to Aisha (ra) playing with dolls and toy animals and the Prophet :saw: laughing with her about it. However scholars point out that toys must be toys, i.e. played with and stored in a toybox or cupboard and not on display, i.e. not letting it be an ornament or admired. Also a lot of scholars advise that toys that are too realistic are best avoided, although the hadeeth doesn't specify how realistic the toys are, but it's best to be on the safe side. (this is scholars advice, not from a hadeeth)

As for removing the eyes, I've never seen any evidence that removing the eyes makes statues/ornaments halal, but there's a hadeeth about removing the whole head. My advice would be to avoid all 3d depictions of people and animals, except for toys (played with, stored out of sight etc). The hadeeth about removing the head refers to a statue that the Prophet :saw: said would resemble a tree trunk if the head was removed.

Sorry I don't have references for the above hadeeths, my books are in the same room as my baby who is asleep. But you can check up inshaAllah.
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Al-Tirmidhi (2806) and Abu Dawood (4158) “Jibreel came to me and said to me: ‘I came to you last night and nothing kept me from entering but the fact that there were statues at the door and there was a curtain in the house on which there were images, and there was a dog in the house. So tell someone to cut off the heads of the statues that are by the door of the house, so that they will become like trees, and tell someone to take down the curtain and make it into two cushions which can be placed on the floor and on which people may step, and tell someone to take the dog out.’” And the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) did that. The dog belonged to Hasan or Husayn, and it was under a table of theirs, and he ordered that it be taken out.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            Lol. I was kidding.
            But, now that I think about it...You can saw it off and put some flower on top or some decoration. It'll look fine.
            Sawing is a bad idea.
            (a) I am useless at DIY (nobody tell the future wifey that)
            (b) It'll be like paying for it and doing half the work myself. It's not wood either but polyresin; you know that stuff that is used to make ornaments and small statues. I'll need a hammer action drill lol

I'll find something else. Something with bamboo in it would be nice :)

Comment

sis dhakiyya,

Here is a link and shaykh ibn al uthaymin says about drawing faces that if the facial features lack it is okay.
              http://islamqa.com/en/ref/72915/drawing%20faces

But i wonder if a statue lacked the facial features then would it be okay as in this case with the birds? Allahu alam.

Comment

Working...
              X