Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches

I have a headache when I don't have a cup of tea in a whole day, but I don't have a headache when I don't read Quran in a whole day. Shouldn't it be the other way round ? Maybe my mind has got addicted to one type of caffeine, and got rid of its addiction from the other (more important) type. May Allah (swt) forgive me and guide everyone towards the right path.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Headaches

Caffeine stimulates nervous system, just like Quran stimulates spiritual system. The shortage of both causes headaches to the people who are addicted to them, respectively. But unfortunately it is easier to gain addiction of tea, coke, coffee,...etc. but difficult to gain addiction of Quran, unless one is passionate about leaving the former and adopting the later. Bad comes easier, good comes through difficulties.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Eww, tea. =/

But I see your point. :)
      Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
      O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
      We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Speaking of headaches, for the last month or so, I have been getting a headache on almost a daily basis for not apparent reason, it is not stress for sure, so what could it be?

Comment

Might be poor eye sight (Allah forbid), too less sleep at night...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunni Student View Post
            Speaking of headaches, for the last month or so, I have been getting a headache on almost a daily basis for not apparent reason, it is not stress for sure, so what could it be?
            Any other possible symptoms, the location of pain, how severe it is, at what times it occurs, etc. would all need to be considered.

Also, seeing as it's "almost on a daily basis", for more than three weeks, you don't think its due to stress and you've most likely tried some OTC medicine, you should really go see a pharmacist at least, :insha:.
            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
              Any other possible symptoms, the location of pain, how severe it is, at what times it occurs, etc. would all need to be considered.

Also, seeing as it's "almost on a daily basis", for more than three weeks, you don't think its due to stress and you've most likely tried some OTC medicine, you should really go see a pharmacist at least, :insha:.

The intensity of the headache really varies, sometime it is not so bad whilst at other times it is alot more intense. The timings are pretty constant, its almost always in the evenings around this time, and the pain is only really across my forehead.

Inshallah I will book an appointment with the doc.

Jazakallah

Comment

Make sure you have enough water.. Try andstop drinking caffiene
                SPREAD OF EVIL
                ZIONISM
                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Sunni Student View Post

The intensity of the headache really varies, sometime it is not so bad whilst at other times it is alot more intense. The timings are pretty constant, its almost always in the evenings around this time, and the pain is only really across my forehead.

Inshallah I will book an appointment with the doc.

Jazakallah
                  Wa iyyak.

It sounds a lot like you're having tension headaches; constant timing, frontal pain, I'm presuming no vomiting or feeling sick, and you haven't mentioned anything that seems like it's migraines or anything more serious...

I know you said it's not stress induced, but it might be. You should speak to your doctor, but you can speak to your pharmacist to discuss what's happening (if appointments seem to take ages, when they need to fit around other priorities) as it's bothering you frequently.

Comment

Can in anyway the environment I am in have an effect on my head? I mean I started working in this new place around a month ago, and I think that is when they started. Mind you am only here for 4 hours every evening and its a pretty chilled out job. [Security]

Maybe some negative vibes here, Jinns..hmm..nah thats silly

Comment

Idk about Jinns, but the environment can definitely have an effect. Idk with you, but I've noticed that because I was never the type to get really stressed, I didn't really think about possible causes of stress when I had a sleeping problem (like erm now =/), but when I thought about it properly, it was obvious what the problem was.

It may or may not be your work, if it is, it needn't be directly; it might be the effect of you working on other things in your life.

Comment

Working...
                      X