Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigeons

:salams

Can I just begin by saying this thread is dedicated to Lailathemuslim, who is a true mashaAllah

So here's the scenario, you're on the motorway (or highway for non-brits) and suddenly a "herd" of pigeons fly in front of your car and land on the ground. You can't change lanes because you'd crash into the cars in that lane. What would you do???

You're driving at maybe 60-70 mph, by breaking the car behind might crash into you, but if you don't you could quite possible kill about 5 pigeons :(

So honestly what would you do?!

Wasalaam
    "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Re: Pigeons

:wswrwb:

So it's a question between killing the pigeons or crashing and risk killing yourself and others? :eek3: I defo know what I would pick :p

Why was this dedicated to madam LTM? No fair :(

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

i'd beep pigeons usually wouldnt do that but if they do then obvs u gotta do the best thing possible, if you can slow down a lil then give the birds a chance to move then u can do that otherwise it's road kill!
      ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
      Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

I usually have this problems with squirrels, I mean a posse of them do not come out and sit in the road, but usually I have a showdown with a squirrel. I usually stop for animals, though :up: well, humans too.

Comment

Its a flock of pigeons :p

Can you beep when you're driving on the motorway? I don't drive, so idk =/ I'd just continue driving like Islam.07 said rather than risk killing myself or someone else.

And yeah, I don't think pigeons would be on the motorway along which vehicles are continuously driving at around that speed. :scratch:
          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLa View Post

I usually have this problems with squirrels, I mean a posse of them do not come out and sit in the road, but usually I have a showdown with a squirrel. I usually stop for animals, though :up: well, humans too.
            I seriously hope you are not on the roads, poor Americans

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
              I seriously hope you are not on the roads, poor Americans
              yeaaaa, I am, respect, and I drive an automatic, take that...easy driving, right there.

Comment

id kill em.

i done a simular thing with chickens. driving through a country lane in breacon and came around a corner and there was about twenty chickens in the middle of the road. i went through them because i couldnt stop in time and killed 5 of them. farmer went nuts and wanted me to pay 15 quid each for them. told him to stuff it and drove off.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                  id kill em.

i done a simular thing with chickens. driving through a country lane in breacon and came around a corner and there was about twenty chickens in the middle of the road. i went through them because i couldnt stop in time and killed 5 of them. farmer went nuts and wanted me to pay 15 quid each for them. told him to stuff it and drove off.
                  , why didn't you at least slow down! You would of killed one or two, instead of five! Poor farmer lol

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
                    , why didn't you at least slow down! You would of killed one or two, instead of five! Poor farmer lol
                    tbh i was gonna ask him if i could have them (dead ones) to take home. i love chicken and think it was one of Gods best inventions when he made chickens taste the way they do. ill eat chicken every meal if i could. but he didnt seem very friendly after i killed his birds so i didnt bother.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

i dont think pigeons are stupid , they like other birds run off when u get close.

Comment

Kill Pigeons and if theres any chickens around try to run them over too ; serious question gets a serious answer.
                        O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
                        while those around you were laughing in joy.
                        Work for the day, the day you die,
                        that you may be laughing in joy then,
                        while they will be weeping for you.

Comment

Just slow down, maybe. I don't think this happens, though. Birds are pretty smart. And, even if they get hit at 25 or so mph, it ain't so bad...I think.
                          I'd slow down, I think, and hope for the best.

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                          i dont think pigeons are stupid , they like other birds run off when u get close.
                          Whaaa...?
                          Dude, you should check out the pigeons here. They are some brave birds. They be walking side by side with you.
                          They don't move, you gotta move and make way for them. Mafia pigeons...:p

I know back home, they act like chickens, though.
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I highly doubt the pigeons would land anywhere near a moving car. The cars probably seem like big scary monsters to them!
                            Please include me in your Dua.

Comment

Seriously people, this happened!
                              i was following someone's car because we were travelling together, and loads of pigeons (fair enough a flock not a herd :p) flew in front of their car and were landing.
                              He pressed on his brakes, we were travelling at around 70 mph, and i had to brake really hard too! it was scary as we could have had an accident (well not really cuz there weren't many cars around). basically his car was almost at a standstill, cuz he waited for the pigeons to move out the way.
                              So it is an important question, if birds are so clever why are there so many dead birds on the road? and yesterday i saw a bird hit by a bus :( the bird just flew out of nowhere and tried to cross in front of the bus, and it got hit, and next thing it was lifeless in the road :(
                              so it got me thinking about the pigeon incident. Also didn't Umar RA used to be scared that he would harm creatures when he was walking? I'll see if i can find anything.
                              "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X