Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Working full time

I work full time.

Alhumdollilah im really quite lucky in that I have alot of flexibility with my working full time, and because its within walking distance I get the oppurtunity to go home during my working day as well, like today I went home twice :inlove: ( its rare, but does happen occasionally.

Dedicate some time to your spirituality on a daily basis, and set a minimal task amount that you MUST complete. Make that you bare skeleton on x minutes of dhikr, x minutes of Quran, that you must do, regardless of everything and then build upon that insha'allah.

Make plenty of dua, because without Allahs help we cant really do anything
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by O2K View Post
      I currently work full time alhumdullilah. How I do it is that during my drive I listen to Quran and Lectures (if you dont drive then listen on your MP3 player). When I get home from work I dedicated 30 min to memorization. Then after Fajr I dedicated 5-10 minutes to the Qu'ran before I get ready for work. I sleep early, right after Isha. On Saturdays I wake up a few hours before Fajr, on Sundays I go to a brother's house to memorize Qu'ran. The big thing is adjusting your sleep patterns and being able to manage your time. It's very possible if the time is managed correctly. You can even have lots of left over time. There are 8,736 hours in a year. If you work full time (40 hrs a week) you are working 2,080 hours in that year. That leaves more than 6,000 hours. If you sleep 8 hours a night then that is another 2,912 hours. That still leaves about 3,000-4,000 hrs. Time management.
      ^^^ i bet you just got a swarm of PM's from wali's of sisters. That's proper management mate. mashAllah mashAllah. I need to save this post and try something like it. It's way overdue in my life.

Comment

Alhamdulillah, I work full time as well. I, also, study at a full time Islamic program.

I didn't think it was possible, but I went to the management of both where I work and were I study. I asked each of them for a specific set of timings. The only combination of timings that would allow me to both work and study. Because so many people are involved (both at work and school), I thought I was going to have to sacrifice one of them.

But, to my utter amazement, both of them agreed and now I am able to do both. All I can say is Alhamdulillah. And now, I also study one on one on weekends.

I think what people miss out on, is that so many things can be done on the weekends. It's 2 pure days, if they can be properly utilized.
        The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
        Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

for those who sincerely have the intention Allah puts barakah in their time, when we are lazing around we feel like time is going so fast how can we make x amount of dhikr and read x amount of quran and salah when i have this n this to do all day...but once you begin to try.. the amount you set out with seems very small in comparison to the time you have because now Allah has put barakah in ur time

subhanAllah, it really does happen!
          Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
          koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

Working...
          X