Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sunnah-Avoid LOL and embrace SOQ

Originally posted by ssh View Post
    Thats a pile of pants rli. I laugh and I have always had a loud laugh sometimes through nervous when im in a unfamiliar situation and sometimes because something is funny. I dont laugh all the time only when its appropriate and i also know when to be serious in fact ppl tell me im way too intense and serious rli they do. but I do laugh loud sometimes straight from my belly its just natural and i definitely dont have a hard heart. even through the worst times of my life i have never had a hard heart not ever. It is the one thing that i protected was my heart it was the one thing that kept me whole and belonging to myself was that none of the mess i saw touched my heart and didnt change it. if you protect your heart and dont give it to anyone or let it get affected by messed up stuff then you can get through anything in life. that is total rubbish that connection you have made i dont understand that at all. I will read that link blog post or weva but it will not change my mind.
    I can see why you say the above, as you seem to follow your personal whims and desires and are overwhelmed by emotion so easily,
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

oh see i just read it and it says "excessive" and "too much"

thats different from what you said, just laughing loudly. its got nothing to do with volume but excess.

and i wont throw red herrings and you quote things better
      Laughing loudly is not a characteristic of the Nabi :saw: the best of creation,

we strive to follow his example.

Rasulullah :saw: heard something about his Companions and he addressed them, saying, "The Garden and the Fire were shown to me, and I have never seen the like of this day in respect of good and evil. If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much.'

A harder day did not come upon the Companions of the Messenger of Allah than that and they covered their faces and sobbed."

regards
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
        ...you seem to follow your personal whims and desires and are overwhelmed by emotion so easily,
        if you knew me which you dont then i would take your comment seriously
        emotional - dramatic - seems to be the common thing that men say to women when men have got nothing else worth saying

i am a passionate person and i speak with expression that dont mean i am overwhelmed by emotion. i am more serious and studious than a lot of my peers and also more carefull with my feelings so much that i dont get attached to ppl easily. by choice.

meanwhile back at the topic...

laughing in excess is what these words refer to its got nothing to do with volume like you suggested.

Comment

ok one week later and i have read more on this topic of laughing.

Feelings are what you feel but emotions are when your feelings burst out from your self. NUmber one, I was mixing those two up. Now i'm clear.

The other is what the Prophet said about not laughing too much (which i took to mean dont show that your happy which is why i reacted, sorry for that) and I realise that you can show your happy by smiling and also saying that your happy.

Also I read some psychology articles on it and they said that mostly anyone can laugh either sincerely or not. But only truely happy and content people smile. Smiling indicated better mental health than laughter does. Also its good to feeling things but not good to have the feelings bust out whenever because, if it does that with laughing, then it will do that with anger and a ton of others as well. They are all emotions, so you can either control them or you cant.

I've probably changed my mind on this a bit after reading a bit more on it.
          Last edited by ssh; 20-12-12, 05:21 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

ok one week later and i have read more on this topic of laughing.

Feelings are what you feel but emotions are when your feelings burst out from your self. NUmber one, I was mixing those two up. Now i'm clear.

The other is what the Prophet said about not laughing too much (which i took to mean dont show that your happy which is why i reacted, sorry for that) and I realise that you can show your happy by smiling and also saying that your happy.

Also I read some psychology articles on it and they said that mostly anyone can laugh either sincerely or not. But only truely happy and content people smile. Smiling indicated better mental health than laughter does. Also its good to feeling things but not good to have the feelings bust out whenever because, if it does that with laughing, then it will do that with anger and a ton of others as well. They are all emotions, so you can either control them or you cant.

I've probably changed my mind on this a bit after reading a bit more on it.
            jazakallah khair :)
            ╰☆╮The Qu'ran is the Fuel of the Muslim's Heart.╰☆╮

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X