• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *asiya*
    replied
    Re: Dogs, such a touchy issue

Originally posted by psychobunneez View Post
    So for about the last 7 years I have been having weak and fainting spells and others things to go along with it. The doctors don't know what's wrong and want to put me on about 50 different meds to see if any help. I refuse to take medicine for something if it's not a sure thing. The doctors think that maybe I am having seizures. So since I refuse to take medicine, They have suggested I get a service dog to help when something happens. Well my husband is a Muslim and ABSOLUTELY will NOT have a dog in the house, even if it's a service dog, and he won't let me take medicine either.

What should I do to convince him that a service dog is not haraam to have because it has a purpose and is not dirty like a dog that lives on the street? The dog is fully trained and doesn't do anything unless I tell it to, or I pass out.

Didn't Muhammad have a friend with a dog that lived with him and he said it was alright? a Saluki?
    a dog isnt going to stop you feeling weak or having fainting spells, and with two small children who are a handful, the last thing u need is a dog in the house. plus its not hygenic for the kids. for a muslim its not permissible to keep them in the house, as the angels dont enter a house with dogs in, and its cruel to keep them cooped up anyway. they are outdoor animals and are not meant to live in cities and houses.

get another doctors opinion on your fainting spells, and see if they can get to the bottem of it insha Allah.i can understand u not wanting to take meds till u know what it is, so keep seeing different docs till they know whats going on and what u can do to improve insha Allah. The most important thing is to get your health back insha Allah.

never heard about the prophet :saw: telling a man he could keep a saluki. Allah knows best.
    Last edited by *asiya*; 28-01-11, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Soliloquy
    replied

Why would he say no to medication?

Leave a comment:

• yari
    replied

Don't know, i'm not Muslim, seems crazy not to take medication for seizures though, they can be dangerous.

Here's an old thread on dog ownership though, might be of use. Good luck.
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...king+dog+guard

Leave a comment:

• psychobunneez
    started a topic Dogs, such a touchy issue

Dogs, such a touchy issue

So for about the last 7 years I have been having weak and fainting spells and others things to go along with it. The doctors don't know what's wrong and want to put me on about 50 different meds to see if any help. I refuse to take medicine for something if it's not a sure thing. The doctors think that maybe I am having seizures. So since I refuse to take medicine, They have suggested I get a service dog to help when something happens. Well my husband is a Muslim and ABSOLUTELY will NOT have a dog in the house, even if it's a service dog, and he won't let me take medicine either.

What should I do to convince him that a service dog is not haraam to have because it has a purpose and is not dirty like a dog that lives on the street? The dog is fully trained and doesn't do anything unless I tell it to, or I pass out.

Didn't Muhammad have a friend with a dog that lived with him and he said it was alright? a Saluki?
Working...
X