Clear All

• a little bit of junk food

is it ok to have a little bit of junk
    if u r a normal healthy person

would it effect you?
    do u guys eat junk?
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Re: a little bit of junk food

:salams

Little bit could mean diff. things to diff. people. I think it depends on your lifestyle and your metabolism (conversion of food to energy). We eat homemade fried chicken or something (usually oily food) almost once every week, and I'm not fat at all. Alhamdulillah!

However, some people's body doesn't work that way. They have slow metabolism and the fat gets stored up. So, I'd say it depends; but if you eat it few times a month, it shouldn't be that big of a problem, esp. if you workout.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
      is it ok to have a little bit of junk
      if u r a normal healthy person

would it effect you?
      do u guys eat junk?
      yeah, i eat my occasional junk food mostly college fault for being convinently located next to takeaways
      ive never been a fan of junk food

nah, it doesnt really affect me as its little portions and the amount of walking burns it off Alhumdulillah

but combined with chocolate, takeaway, fizzy then i do happen to go crazy sometimes
      .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Yep, it depends mainly on your lifestyle.

so a housewife for example, would need a lot less calorie intake than say a bodybuilder or manual worker.

The former needs to be very careful - although the occasional junk here and there should be OK inshallah. On the other hand, the latter can afford to eat big.

alhamdulillah today i had 2 cod fish and chips. I regularly have chocolates, crisps, cake etc ....Having said that, not being fat does not mean you cannot fall victim to common health problems usually associated with being overweight.

It's fairly common to see a perfectly healthy looking man/woman suffering from high blood pressure, high levels of cholestrol, being diabetic and other CHDs. So just be careful inshallah not to underestimate ....
        Last edited by MWarrior; 24-01-11, 11:39 PM.

Comment

There's so many strange and synthetic preservatives and colours and flavourings that go into a lot of junk food that may not directly affect how fat you get, but may have other effects on you. It's something that hasn't been studied a lot and we don't know the long-term health effects of a lot of these additives that our bodies were never designed to process at all, or in the dosages found in junk food. Then there's the dreaded trans-fats and hydrogenated fats, where it is definitely known that our bodies cannot cope with and contribute to the accumulation of hard fats in our arteries. Junk food also tends to be deficient in essential nutrients (nutrients that cannot be synthesized in the body from the products of the digestive process, we need to get them in their complete form directly from the undigested food itself). Processed sugars also lack any real nutritional value, and are pure calories that contribute nothing to growth and repair of the body except pure energy in too concentrated a form, and what use is energy without the building blocks of growth and repair to use it on? You may or may not know, but many people are surprised to hear that eating too much junk food can lead to malnutrition.

It's better to avoid them to stay on the safe side. You should be okay if you consume the minimal amount of junk food you possibly can. I know it's hard to avoid these days, especially if you're hard up on money and junk/cheap food is less of a strain on your pocket than, say, raw ingredients and organic foods.
          Last edited by Beechlgz; 24-01-11, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X