Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Re: What do you guys think of Facebook?...

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
    Raziel...its time to disconnect the internet
    Almost ...

soon as I get of the forum, tis time to disconnect and pray Salah and goto bed ...

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
    The individuals involved?

If a Muslim needs a 'moderator' to protect him from sin, then that person has bigger fish to fry.
    And just like any other media (MSN, Paltalk, and even real life) you regulate those you 'befriend'...so you don't have to worry about filthy or shameless photos/videos.

Nearly all messenger programs/social networks are essentially the same. You regulate who you contact, you regulate who you befriend, you regulate what you want to see/other to see, and you regulate how much info you put out there.

Facebook is no more dangerous than MSN, Paltalk, Yahoo messenger etc...It's merely a tool, and it's up to the individual how they use it and regulate it.
    there has to be a Mod to monitor Haraam behaviour, as there isn't any such person, virtually anything goes ...

yep Facebook is just like those you mentioned ...

hence the doorway to Fitna are open.

sadly if Tom, **** and harry had such Impeccable conduct, behaviour and looked at Halal only, then we wouldn't have the problems of chit-chat between Non-Mehrems, looking at pictures of shameless ones, or Non-mehrems, Kuffar of the opposite gender ...

you have a very naive assumption that all Muslims have sufficient Taqwa to abstain from the above, sadly the reality is quite different ...

This Function which the Mod performs is basically a Necessity present in our entire life, to a lesser of greater extent ...

for example in the House a Father for example would have the duty of trying his utmost to ensure that his children do not involve themselves with Haraam activities, as opposed to assuming that they won't do any such thing, wether out of ignorrance or intentially ...

In an Islamic state the Khalifa would govern and control by the Law of Allah tabarak wata'ala, permitting Halal, and banning Haraam ...

If we take your assumption, then it gives rise to chaos and Anarchism ...

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

Originally posted by noobz View Post
    i have an account but i dont know what to do on it ....
    The secret is, you need to have friends.

Leave a comment:

• badr_
    replied

I've never used FB. In all honesty, I only see and hear bad things about it: gossip, flirting, revealing photos...(affairs)...the list goes on. Lots of people are addicted to the games too!

I think it opens the door to more trouble than we think. Hiding behind a computer (despite showing your picture) adds a sense of protection and annonymity, and people behave more daringly, more like besharram (without shame).

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

Originally posted by Chumchee25 View Post
    I'm just curious what people think about using Facebook? I personally do have an account and regularly use it. I find it helpful for keeping in contact with people and reading islamic group pages (which are in my opinion very good)
    actions are dependant upon intention.

Leave a comment:

• Hafsah
    replied

Raziel...its time to disconnect the internet

Leave a comment:

• mizfissy815
    replied

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
    Ukthi I am aware of Ad-blocking software, but who is going to monitor Illicit chit-chat between Male-Female?

WHo is going to censure the Filthy/Shameless pictures and video's which are posted?

If there is a Muslim Mod monitoring Facebook, please let me know ...

The individuals involved?

If a Muslim needs a 'moderator' to protect him from sin, then that person has bigger fish to fry.
    And just like any other media (MSN, Paltalk, and even real life) you regulate those you 'befriend'...so you don't have to worry about filthy or shameless photos/videos.

Nearly all messenger programs/social networks are essentially the same. You regulate who you contact, you regulate who you befriend, you regulate what you want to see/other to see, and you regulate how much info you put out there.

Facebook is no more dangerous than MSN, Paltalk, Yahoo messenger etc...It's merely a tool, and it's up to the individual how they use it and regulate it.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
    You can use stuff to block ads anyway ...
    Minor.
    Ukthi I am aware of Ad-blocking software, but who is going to monitor Illicit chit-chat between Male-Female?

WHo is going to censure the Filthy/Shameless pictures and video's which are posted?

If there is a Muslim Mod monitoring Facebook, please let me know ...

Leave a comment:

• Aisha91
    replied

You can use stuff to block ads anyway ...
    Minor.

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Originally posted by Chumchee25 View Post
    I'm just curious what people think about using Facebook? I personally do have an account and regularly use it. I find it helpful for keeping in contact with people and reading islamic group pages (which are in my opinion very good)
    There is more filth on it than any good, so in my opinion it is a Fitna-Book ...

Facebook itself is not based on Islamic principles, and such it is easy to stumble upon or fall into the various footsteps of the Shaytaan ...

were better of communicating through Islamic forums, which are Moderated at the very least by Muslims ...

Not Facebook were almost anything goes ...

Leave a comment:

• *hijab*
    replied

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
    :salams

I am on facebook every day and find it a fantastic portal for sharing Islamic knowledge, lectures, and keeping up to date with fourthcoming events.

However, the adverts that always appear on the right-hand side of the screen often show half naked women so in that sense its not the most Halal website to be on.
    So it has both its plus points and also its bad points.
    That's a reason within itself to AVOID it.
    Even hotmail is like that: so annoying!

Leave a comment:

• Ibrahim70
    replied

:salams

I am on facebook every day and find it a fantastic portal for sharing Islamic knowledge, lectures, and keeping up to date with fourthcoming events.

However, the adverts that always appear on the right-hand side of the screen often show half naked women so in that sense its not the most Halal website to be on.

So it has both its plus points and also its bad points.

Leave a comment:

• Aisha91
    replied

It is a waste of time tbh.
    I RE-activated mine recently and alhamdulillah all halaal :)
    But then again, wasting time if not doing dawah or something islamic IMO.

Leave a comment:

• cuezed
    replied

i joined facebook in ramadhan which was brilliant then when even one were high in imaan and sharing excellent material. now it's not the same.

Leave a comment:

• sajid
    replied

I have it and Use it alot its a great marketing tool which i use alot to promote and market stuff and generate sales from there and do advertise too! so in that sense I use it and its good for that

however it does have its negativity which you can easily see the TRUE Side of People with things that may come to a shock to you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X