No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of Facebook?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys think of Facebook?...

I've never used FB. In all honesty, I only see and hear bad things about it: gossip, flirting, revealing photos...(affairs)...the list goes on. Lots of people are addicted to the games too!

I think it opens the door to more trouble than we think. Hiding behind a computer (despite showing your picture) adds a sense of protection and annonymity, and people behave more daringly, more like besharram (without shame).

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
      i have an account but i dont know what to do on it ....
      The secret is, you need to have friends.

Comment

Originally posted by mizfissy815 View Post
        The individuals involved?

If a Muslim needs a 'moderator' to protect him from sin, then that person has bigger fish to fry.
        And just like any other media (MSN, Paltalk, and even real life) you regulate those you 'befriend'...so you don't have to worry about filthy or shameless photos/videos.

Nearly all messenger programs/social networks are essentially the same. You regulate who you contact, you regulate who you befriend, you regulate what you want to see/other to see, and you regulate how much info you put out there.

Facebook is no more dangerous than MSN, Paltalk, Yahoo messenger etc...It's merely a tool, and it's up to the individual how they use it and regulate it.
        there has to be a Mod to monitor Haraam behaviour, as there isn't any such person, virtually anything goes ...

yep Facebook is just like those you mentioned ...

hence the doorway to Fitna are open.

sadly if Tom, **** and harry had such Impeccable conduct, behaviour and looked at Halal only, then we wouldn't have the problems of chit-chat between Non-Mehrems, looking at pictures of shameless ones, or Non-mehrems, Kuffar of the opposite gender ...

you have a very naive assumption that all Muslims have sufficient Taqwa to abstain from the above, sadly the reality is quite different ...

This Function which the Mod performs is basically a Necessity present in our entire life, to a lesser of greater extent ...

for example in the House a Father for example would have the duty of trying his utmost to ensure that his children do not involve themselves with Haraam activities, as opposed to assuming that they won't do any such thing, wether out of ignorrance or intentially ...

In an Islamic state the Khalifa would govern and control by the Law of Allah tabarak wata'ala, permitting Halal, and banning Haraam ...

If we take your assumption, then it gives rise to chaos and Anarchism ...

:jkk:
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
          Raziel...its time to disconnect the internet
          Almost ...

soon as I get of the forum, tis time to disconnect and pray Salah and goto bed ...

:jkk:
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
          X