No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of Facebook?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys think of Facebook?...

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    Like whose accounts?
    random accounts .... whats ur definition of 'fun' ?

Comment

I was into a few years back in college, but I got sick of logging in to see a load of crap about people who were apparently my friends.

People would send you messages once in a while pretending to be concerned about how you were, when in reality they had nothing better to do.

Real friends can keep in touch without Facebook, and one member of my extended family deleted me anyway because there was things on there she wanted to keep hidden from her parents.

Facebook politics eh.

Comment

From what I've heard it's full of free mixing and sharing of haram images, so I don't think it's for me insha'allah.

In any case, I prefer real life.
        Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

I love it and use it a lot, since we have family and friends spread all over the world. It's nice to keep in touch and share pictures of the kids with our friends and family.

Comment

I have it and Use it alot its a great marketing tool which i use alot to promote and market stuff and generate sales from there and do advertise too! so in that sense I use it and its good for that

however it does have its negativity which you can easily see the TRUE Side of People with things that may come to a shock to you

Comment

i joined facebook in ramadhan which was brilliant then when even one were high in imaan and sharing excellent material. now it's not the same.
              There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

It is a waste of time tbh.
                I RE-activated mine recently and alhamdulillah all halaal :)
                But then again, wasting time if not doing dawah or something islamic IMO.
                "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

:salams

I am on facebook every day and find it a fantastic portal for sharing Islamic knowledge, lectures, and keeping up to date with fourthcoming events.

However, the adverts that always appear on the right-hand side of the screen often show half naked women so in that sense its not the most Halal website to be on.

So it has both its plus points and also its bad points.
                  “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
                    :salams

I am on facebook every day and find it a fantastic portal for sharing Islamic knowledge, lectures, and keeping up to date with fourthcoming events.

However, the adverts that always appear on the right-hand side of the screen often show half naked women so in that sense its not the most Halal website to be on.
                    So it has both its plus points and also its bad points.
                    That's a reason within itself to AVOID it.
                    Even hotmail is like that: so annoying!
                    check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chumchee25 View Post
                      I'm just curious what people think about using Facebook? I personally do have an account and regularly use it. I find it helpful for keeping in contact with people and reading islamic group pages (which are in my opinion very good)
                      There is more filth on it than any good, so in my opinion it is a Fitna-Book ...

Facebook itself is not based on Islamic principles, and such it is easy to stumble upon or fall into the various footsteps of the Shaytaan ...

were better of communicating through Islamic forums, which are Moderated at the very least by Muslims ...

Not Facebook were almost anything goes ...

:jkk:
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

You can use stuff to block ads anyway ...
                        Minor.
                        "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
                          You can use stuff to block ads anyway ...
                          Minor.
                          Ukthi I am aware of Ad-blocking software, but who is going to monitor Illicit chit-chat between Male-Female?

WHo is going to censure the Filthy/Shameless pictures and video's which are posted?

If there is a Muslim Mod monitoring Facebook, please let me know ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                            Ukthi I am aware of Ad-blocking software, but who is going to monitor Illicit chit-chat between Male-Female?

WHo is going to censure the Filthy/Shameless pictures and video's which are posted?

If there is a Muslim Mod monitoring Facebook, please let me know ...

The individuals involved?

If a Muslim needs a 'moderator' to protect him from sin, then that person has bigger fish to fry.
                            And just like any other media (MSN, Paltalk, and even real life) you regulate those you 'befriend'...so you don't have to worry about filthy or shameless photos/videos.

Nearly all messenger programs/social networks are essentially the same. You regulate who you contact, you regulate who you befriend, you regulate what you want to see/other to see, and you regulate how much info you put out there.

Facebook is no more dangerous than MSN, Paltalk, Yahoo messenger etc...It's merely a tool, and it's up to the individual how they use it and regulate it.
                            "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Raziel...its time to disconnect the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Chumchee25 View Post
                                I'm just curious what people think about using Facebook? I personally do have an account and regularly use it. I find it helpful for keeping in contact with people and reading islamic group pages (which are in my opinion very good)
                                actions are dependant upon intention.

Comment

Working...
                                X