No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of Facebook?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of Facebook?...

I'm just curious what people think about using Facebook? I personally do have an account and regularly use it. I find it helpful for keeping in contact with people and reading islamic group pages (which are in my opinion very good)

Re: What do you guys think of Facebook?...

personally I don't like it...never joined it and glad i didn't. However, i know some people do use it for good things & i suppose then it can be ok, but I think it has more bad than good.
    check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Ummah > Facebook + MySpace
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Chumchee25 View Post
        I'm just curious what people think about using Facebook? I personally do have an account and regularly use it. I find it helpful for keeping in contact with people and reading islamic group pages (which are in my opinion very good)
        It's like asking 'what do you think of an empty glass'.

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
        personally I don't like it...never joined it and glad i didn't. However, i know some people do use it for good things & i suppose then it can be ok, but I think it has more bad than good.
        This.

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        Ummah > Facebook + MySpace
        Not this.

Comment

Facebook is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends. My MSA plans all their events on Facebook.
          Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

I've never really liked it... Its like it brings the worst out in people my age, meaning they show off all their sins on Facebook... It's upsetting, I like having good opinions of people and its hard to avoid when its on the home page when you login. That's why I end up not logging on for months and months, but also because most the friends I care about don't use Facebook either, and idk, I guess we're more the talk properly for a while rather than leaving random dumb comments... lol.

Having said that, my Uni's ISoc advertise many events on Facebook and thats the case with other events in Birmingham; especially ones by other ISocs nearby, etc. - its easier to spread news of an event, whether people do it individually or through a group. Thats the best thing about it and for those who have family living far from them, it helps them keep connected.
            Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
            O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
              I've never really liked it... Its like it brings the worst out in people my age, meaning they show off all their sins on Facebook... It's upsetting, I like having good opinions of people and its hard to avoid when its on the home page when you login.
              True.
              It's sad to know when Muslims boys and girls who offer their prayers and wear their hijabs show their other side.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

rule of thumb : a good can become a bad thing if you use it wrong, a bad thing can become a good thing if you use it right

i keep in touch with family & friends, join islamic pages/groups that increase my knowledge & pass what good knowledge i receive to my contacts
                “And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.” [29:64]

Comment

Lol I do not use a fitnah book
                  My service is to only the ummah.

Comment

Originally posted by AFGMAN View Post
                    Lol I do not use a fitnah book
                    Good for you
                    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                      Good for you
                      Don't be so sarcastic
                      My service is to only the ummah.

Comment

Meh i don't use it much, i don't have many friends on there anyway and i only hang around with two people. It actually rather depressing, especially when you see the idle posts on there and people describing their day lol. I only have it to ease the process of making friends in university inshallah next year.

Comment

Ah good ol' FitnahBook

Personally it would be a waste of time if I had it, most of my family and friends I can get in touch by seeing them, and if they move or something then ring them. Like someone said before, even though it may be good for others but mostly bad comes from it. Why take the risk of doing something haraam? May as well stay away from it all together.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

its alright... good for sharing stuff
                            http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
                            HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                            Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

I´ve recently "deactivted" my account 1 month ago. You cant delete it, can you?
                              The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

Working...
                              X