• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Reminders Thread

:start:

:salams

Reminder 42

For all those of you who walk around with your hands in front of your mouth in Ramadan because you have not brushed your teeth or eaten chewing gum to freshen your breath :p

''By him in whose hands my soul is ,the smell coming out from the mouth of a person observing saum is better to Allah :swt: than the smell of musk .''

[Bukhari] :D:inlove:
    j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Reminder 43

Narated Sahl [ra]: the prohpet said , there is a gate in paradise called ar-raiyan, and those who observe saum will enter through it on the day of Ressurection and none except them will enter through it :inlove:

[Bukhari]

...and i remind myself anyone else inshaallah.

Comment

REMINDER 44

'Whoever observes fast [saum] in the moth of ramadhan with sincere faith and hoping for a reward from allah :swt: then all his past sins will be forgiven .'

[Bukhari]

Surely this is an opp. not too be missed... i cant affford to miss it neway can you?

...and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah =)

:wswrwb:

Comment

REMINDER 45 -WARNING: SEVERE MESAGE IN THIS HADEETH

Narrated abu huaraira [ra]: The prophet :saw: said, ''whoever does not give lying speech [false statements] and acting on those lies and evi actions etc, Allah :swt: is not in need of his leaving his food and drink.''

........and i remind myself before anyone else i.A :)

Comment

Reminder 46 courtesy of sis hijab =p

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
            REMINDER 46: WHAT TO BREAK YOUR FAST WITH
            and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah.

Comment

Reminder 47

''There are two pleasures for the one observing saum [fast], one at the time of Iftar [breaking the fast] and the other at the time when he meets his Lord; the he will be pleased because of his saum.'' :inlove:

[Bukhari]

and

Reminder 48

Narrated Anas Bin Malik [ra]: the prophet :saw: ''Take suhoor [late night meals] as there is blessing in it.''

[Bukhari]

Short and Sweet :D

...and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah.
              Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 06-03-11, 03:34 PM. Reason: fomatttinng!! <---correc. 'fomatting' my formatting =p

Comment

REMINDER 49

Narrated anu huraira [ra]: the prophet :saw: said, ''if somebody eats or drinks forgetfully then he should complete his fast, for what he has eaten or drank, has been given to him by Aallah *swt*

[BUKHARI]

and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah.

Comment

:Reminder 50 !!

Narrated Abu Huraira on the authority of Alah :swt:, ''Whoever did not observe saum [fast] for one day of Ramadhan without a genuine or a disease, then even if he observed saum for a complete year, it would not compensate for that day.''

[Bukhari]

Severe warning !

Comment

Reminder 51

Allahs messenger was on a journey and saw a crowd of people ,and a man was being shaded [by them]. He asked ,''What is the matter?" they said, ''He [the man] is observing saum [fast] . the prophet said, ''it is not for Al-Bhirr [the righteous] to observe As-Saum [the fast] on a journey.''*

[Bukhari]

*is applicable to particular cases, i.e. when someone is so weak or sick that observing saum would harm him/ her. In such cases one has to break their fast, for Allah *swt* does not like his devotees to harm themselves needlessly.

...and i remind myseld before anyone else inshaallah.

Comment

Reminder 52 courtesy of sis hijab...

Reminder 52

A hadith indicates that the difference between our fasting and that of the ahlul-kitab lies in Partaking in Suhur (ie their practice was not to have suhur)[Muslim]

and another one ...

Reminder 53

Narrated Anas bin malik [ra]: we used to travel with the prophet and neither did the persons observing saum critisize those who were not , and neither did those who were not, critisize those who were observing saum.

[Bukhari]

Important reminder as sometimes we may judge others level of eman depending on whether or not they may fast on a ourney or not...and other similar things ...dont do it..cos the sahaba didn't =)

Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 10-03-11, 06:40 PM. Reason: yes you guessed it..

Comment

Sorry about the 2 day delay peeps!

3 reminders to make up for it inshaallah =)

REMINDER 54

Muslim brothers and sisters !

use a few moments NOW to reflect on how your first half of Ramadan has been? :scratch: have you achieved even half the things you promised yourself to do this Ramadan?

just remember and to myself also , that if you haven't tried your best now you still have another 14-15 days to go Inshaallah ...make the most of them...MAKE THE MOST OF NOW!

....and i remind myself before anyone else Inshaallah =)

Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 13-03-11, 05:34 PM.

Comment

REMINDER 55- IMPORTANT

Narrated Aisha [ra]: Allah's messenger :saw: said, ''whoever died and he ought to have observed saum [fast] [the missed dates of Ramadhan] then his guardians must observe fast on his behalf.''

and

Narrated Ibn Abbas [ra]: A man came to the prophet :saw:, ''O Allah's messenger! my mother died and she ought to have observe [fast] one month [for her Ramadan]. Shall i observe saum on her behalf?'' The prophet :saw: replied in the affirmative and said, ''Allah's debts have more right to be paid.''

[both from Bukhari]

:up:

...and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah =)

Comment

REMINDER 56

Narrated Sahl bin sa'd: Allah's messenger :saw: : ''The people will remain onthe right path as long as they haste the Iftar [breaking of the saum [fast]]. ''

[Bukhari]

Could someone please explain this hadeeth i'm not entirely sure what the wisdom behind this is...:scratch:

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
                            mmm now that i read it again i dont really know either. maybe as in people might innovate breaking the fast a bit after maghrib to be 'on the safe side' whereas we're supposed to break it straight away? i dont know really, dont listen to me :o, allahu allam, maybe someone else knows.

If anyone knows please enlighten me i still don't know what it means

Comment

Reminder 57

Narrated abu hurairah [ra] : i heard the prophet saying, ''none of you should observe fast on Friday unless he observes fast a day before or after it.''

Bukhari

....and I remind myself before anyone else inshaallah.

Comment

Two today! =)

Reminder 58

Narrated Abu Salma bin Abdur rahman that he asked aisha [ra] ''How was the salah of the messenger :saw: in ramadhan?'' She replied , ''he did not perform salat more than 11 rakat in ramadhan or in any other month. He used to perorm four rakah -let lone their beauty and length and then he would perform four rakah -let alone their beauty and length and then he would perform three rakah [witr]. ''

[Bukhari]

And i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X