• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Reminders Thread

:start:

:salams

Reminder 28

Narrated abu hurarah (ra) : i heard the prophet of Allah :saw: saying, ''Allah has divided mercy into one hundred parts, and he kept 99 parts with him and sent down one part to earth, and because of that single part, his creations are merciful to one another.''

(BUKHARI)

on this dunya between the whole of mankind and animals we have 1 part of mercy amongst us!!

subhanallah!

when me may have forgiven someone we may have thought my goodness! we are so merciful (with our one part of mercy) :p

but can you imagine Allah's mercy if he has 99 parts?! :inlove:Allah is truly merciful to his creatures and so we should also be merciful to one another. :love:

Narrated by Abu Musah: Whenever a begger or a
    person in need came to the prophet :saw: he would say, ''Help him and reccommend him, and you will recieve the rewrad for it. ''

(BUKHARI)

i remember when i was in Pakistan a while back and there i saw loads of people begging on the streets and it would make me think that surely they could work instead of begging (as they were able bodied) :scratch:

but as this hadith states we should give with the intention of seeking the pleasure and mercy of Allah...and not try to be the judges ourselves to who deserves our mercy and who does not. :o

Narrated Ibn Abbas (ra): ''the prophet was the most generous amongst the people , and he used to be more so (generous) in the month of Ramadhan. ''

(BUKHARI)

at the time of the prophet :saw: if we reflect, what did they have to offer to others, compared to what we have nowadays....? barely anything and yet they would give in abundance

Behold! you are those who are called to spend in the cause of Allah (swt), yet among you are those who are niggardly. And whoever is niggardly , it is only at the expense of his own self. But Allah (swt) is rich (free of all needs) and you (mankind) are poor.

(Surah Muhammad Ayah 38)

enshalah we should take every oppurtunity to donate something no matter how little, to the poor and needy as we are doing ourselves a favor :up::)

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
    :jkk; sis, excellent reminder.

We truly are chasing our tails wasting our time in pursuit of meaningless wealth in this dunya, when a more philanthropic approach to life would insha'Allah allow us to benefit from the simple pleasures of the human experience, helpfulness, charity and love and the reward for doing so in the hereafter insha'Allah ta'ala.

Good post, keep 'em coming....insha'Allah. :up:
    Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 16-02-11, 09:39 PM.
    j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Reminder 30

Narrated haratha bin wahab al khuzai: the prophet :saw: said,''shall i inform you about the people of paradise? 'they compromise of every obsecure, unimportant, humble perosn , and if he takes allahs oath he will do that thing. Shall i inform you about the people of the hell fire? they compromise of every cruel, violent, proud and conceited person.''

(BUKHARI)

even just the description of the people of the fire seems so unappealing who wants to be seen as someone like that? :( but we must try hard not to be even one of these things cos it will destroy you character and one bad trait may Lead to another :(

Narrated abu hurarira (ra) the prophet of allah :saw: said, 'the signs of a hypocrite are 3

1. when ever he speaks he tells a lie
      2. whenever he promises, he breaks it;
      3. whenever he is entrusted, he betrays (proves to be dishonest)

(BUKHARI)

it is so easy to become arrogant and proud of ourselves , as in this dunya we are constantly comparing ourselves to others. in the work environment and with our 'statuses,' even within our families.

Even with regards to our dress and appearance people can become proud for example,. i am loking good today man /

Ofcourse everyone likes to look good but we must become more aware of how much importance and attention we are paying to our physical apearances, to prevent ourselves from becoming overwhelmed by it, and proud.

Narrated abdullah bin ma'sud: allahs messenger :saw: said, ''whosoever has pride in his heart equal to the weight of an atom (or small ant) shall not enter paradise.'' (a person amongst the audience) said 'verily a person loves that his dress should be be beautiful and his shoes should be beautiful. the prophet :saw: remarked : 'Verily allah is the most beautiful and loves beauty.

(BUKHARI)

Allah :swt: loves beauty also but the best beauty is hidden and lies in our hearts :love:

Pride is to completely disregard the truth and to scorn (look down upon) the people.'

(BUKHARI)

Inshaallah pride is so sneaky and can come into our hearts and minds at any time...BE AWARE OF IT =)

.....and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah =)

Comment

Reminder 31

Simple one enshalah but easy to follow and practice :up:

Narrated Aisha (ra) 'the prophet of allah :saw: used to like to start from the right side on wearing shoes, combing his hair and cleaning or washing himself and on doing anything else.'

(Bukhari)

........and i remind myself before any else inshaallah =)

:wswrwb:

Comment

Reminder 32

Narrated abdullah bin mas'ud (ra): the prophet :saw: said 'abusing a muslim is fusuq (an evil doing) and fighting him is kufr (disbelief).'

(BUKHARI)

Sunhanallah very strong words, such an act can take you out of the fold of islam!

And although you may be thinking 'oh well thats very extreme as if im ever gunna go out and kill someone then...

Narrated abu huraira (ra) the prophet of allah :saw: said that,' none of you should point out towards his muslim brother with a weapon, for that he does not know, satan may tempt him to hit him and thus he would fall into a pit of fire (hell).

(BUKHARI)

So although you may not intend to kill someone, even if you are just playfully pointing at them with something (which could be used as a weapon) , shaytaan could still tempt you to hit them with it ans thus you could kill him , therfore as the propht of allah has said :saw: it is betr to avoid pointing at anyone with anything also. :up:

A reminder for everyone, as in this day an age when violence is prevelant, people will easily hurt others, and indeed kill each other due to petty things and over simple differnces, even in religion.

We only have to observe recently at the state of knife crime in London where many young people have fallen victim to acts of violence. i wonder how mnay of these were intentional ....? it is quite possible that these youth were just being 'hard' and playing on the big G role brandishing their knifes..but then got caught up in a feud and then got carried away and hurt someone.

Surely these are wordly things 'respect' on the street and also in and about the neighborhood .

We also see fighting through the diff. sects of islam were sunni and shia riot and oppose one another...leading to violence and causing turbulance amongst the ummah. As The prophet :saw: rightly said:

'By allah i am not afraid that you will worship others with allah (swt) after my death but i am afraid that you wil fight with one another (for wordly things).

(BUKHARI)

...no matter what differences we may have and although its good to correct misundertsing..never let it get in the way of remembering that we are one ummah and these things will only cause us to perish.

Narrated abdullah bin masud (ra): Allahs messenger :saw: said, 'Dont differ , for the nations before you differed and perished ' (because of their differences).

(Bukhari)

....and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah :)

Just also a short moral story which i remember reading.

Once there was a farmer who had 3 sons who didnt get along very well..he would remind them of the importance of unity and being siblings, as they would be stronger that way, however they never took heed to their fathers advice.

One day the father called them and told them to each in turn, break a bundle of wood he had collected.

None of the brothers could break the wood (as a bundle) and so the father took each one out individually and told them to break each piece on its own. Obliviously this was then easier and the brothers all managed to break the pieces.

The father then said:

"Oh my sons! you see when the pieces of wood stuck together they were stronger as a result and you was unable to break them however, when they were placed individually and not in unity, they were easily broken."

Such is the state of mankind and brotherhood. if you continue to ignore and despise one another then it will be easy for others to take advantage of you. However stay together and in unity then you will surely be prosperous and survive.

.....we need to keep this ummah going and it can only be done if we respect one another and live together, in unity Inshaallah. :love:

:up:

Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 19-02-11, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Also relatedNarrated Abu Huraira [ra]: The prophet of Allah :saw: said:

"[Reilgious] knowledge wil be taken away [by the death of religious scholars] ignorance [in religion] and Al- Fitan [Trials and Afflictions etc] will appear; and Hajr will increase." It was asked, what is hajr O Allah's messenger? He replied by beckoning with his hand indicating 'killing.'

[Bukhari]

Isn't this so relevant to todays society? soo much killing =(

May allah swt guide us all and protect us from these trials and dangers.

Ameen
            Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 19-02-11, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Reminder 33

I hesitated to do this reminder cos im not always the first to say :salams to others :o but inshaallah by tellng you guys to do it, im putting this responsibility on myself also..:up:

Iarrated abdullah bin 'amr (ra): a man asked the prophet :saw: ''what sorts of deeds or traits of Islam are good?'' The prophet :saw: said, ''To feed others, and to greet those whom you know and those you do not know.''

[BUKHARI]

Narrated abu hurairah (ra): the prophet of allah :swt: said, ''the riding person should greet the walking person, and the walking peron should greet the sitting one, and the small number of persons should greet the lare number of persons .''

[BUKHARI]

So when you come back fom work /school/ college/ uni nd yur family areSsat don 2gth you should greet them first...likewise if you go som1's home you should greet thm if your number is smaller than the number present . :up:

.....and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah =D

Comment

Reminder 34

Narrated abu huraira (ra) allahs messenger :saw: said , ''allah (swt) says, 'if my slave intends to do a bad deed then (O angels) do not write it unless he does it; if he does it, then write it down as it is, but if he refrains from doing it for my sake , then write it as a good deed (in his accout).

(On the other hand) if he intends to do a good deed then write it down as it is and if he does it, then write it as ten good deeds upto seven hundred times.''

(BUKHARI)

also

Narrated 'Umar bin al-khattab (ra) allahs messenger :saw: said ''the reward of deeds depends on the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he intended.
                So whosoever emigrates for Allah (swt) and his messenger :saw: then his emmigration will be for alah (swt) and his messenger :saw: . And whoever emigrates fo wordly benefits or for a women to marry her, his emmigration will be for what he has emmigrated for. ''

(BUKHARI)

Finally ...:)

narrated abu masud (ra) : the Prophet :saw: said, ''if a man spends on his family with the intention of having a reward from Allah (swt), sincerely for Allah (swt)'s sake, then it is (kind of) alms giving (in reward) for him. ''

Your Intention, Your Intention, YourIntention. :)

What was your intention for reading this? To gain sawab? To be closer to alah (swt)? To gain more knowledge?

What was my intention when writing this?

To seek the pleasure of allah and to gain reward inshallah...:love:

We should always check our intentions before doing anything no matter how small it may seem, because this will determine what reward we get, if any...:up:

Oh ,actually this also fits in..:o

''i heard allahs messenger :saw: saying, ''when two muslims fight (meet) each other with their swords, both the murdered and the murderer will go to the hell fire.'' I said, ''oh messenger of allah :saw: ! it is alright for the murderer but what about the mudered one? '' :shock: Allahs messenger :saw: replied, ''he surely had the intention to kill his companion.''

(BUKHARI)

This last hadith really highights the importance of our intentions, in that even if we were to suffer as a result of them, we could still be punished...:(

Comment

*Im posting two reminders today inshaallah as i didnt do one yesterday =) The first one is above and this one is in relation to eating and drinking. At the time i initially posted this reminder it was nerally Ramadhan so thats why im referring to it being 'nearly ramadhan' in the post.*

As ramadhan approaches its important we get the most benefit out of our food, and that we practice the etiquettes of eating as our prophet *saw*

Saying Bismillah before we start eating is one of the first things many of us are taught when we are little . However, at time we may forget but as stated in Tirmidhi:

When one of you eats but forgets to say Bismilah [at the beginning] then whenever he remembers [during the meal or on finishing it] he may say ‘bismilah awwalu wa akhirahu’ [in the name of allah *swt* the first of it and the last of it] [Tirmidhi] .

Also…

Say Bismilah before eating and eat with your right hand and eat from the food that is next to you [Bukhari].

…it is also very basic but important hat you never eat with your left hand as in Muslim:

Let none of you ever eat with the left hand because the devil eats and drinks with the left hand [Muslim].

We should also not recline or lie down whilst we are eating :

The prophet *saw* said: I do not recline when I eat [Bukhari].

What makes ramadhan so special is that feeling of unity which spreads throughout communities as they gather together on congregation for salah and taraweeh etc.

And also when it is time for sahoor and to break the fast ,families who otherwise may eat at different times come together to eat with everyone else. This is also heart warming and provides precious time with other family members which we sometimes overlook.

As Umar ibn al Khattab stated: Get together and do not separate yourselves [while eating] because blessings Lies in company. [Ibn Majah]

In the rush to open our fast or stuff whatever we can when the minutes draw closer to close the fast [:p] we may drop some food on the floor…and many of us may throw this in the bon however as stated in Muslim

The devil presents himself every time you do something [and] even at the time of eating [he is there]. Thus, when a morsel drops down from the hand of any of you then after removing what gets into it [of dust] he must eat the morsel and not leave it for the devil. Then when he has finished [eating], before washing the hands , he must lick his fingers because he does not know which portion of the food has the blessings. [blessing may be in what little lies on the fingers]. [Muslim]

Licking your fingers 3 times after you are eating is also something which many people do not do, as they are unaware that the blessings in their whole meal may lie in what they wash off!

In ramadhan we need all the blessings and nourishment and baraqa from the food we can get as after the morning meal we don’t eat again for a considerable amount of time. But this should not mean me begin to be lazy with etiquettes as this is what will make the food more beneficial for us inshaallah.

Lastly …

Do not drink like a camel in one gulp but take two [or] three sips when drinking. And when you drink say bismillah and when you remove the vessel [after drinking] say alhamdullilah [Tirmidhi].

And I remind myself before anyone of you…may allah *swt* help us all benefit form the knowledge of the deen and aid us in practising what we learn .Ameen.

Comment

Reminder 36

Something simple and that we don't think about 'Sneezing and Yawning,' but inshaallah there are things we have been recommended to say/ do when we yawn or sneeze, as i will inshaallah try to explain. :o

When someone sneezes [and they have said '
                    All praise to Allah *swt*]' then you should say 'May Allah *swt* be merciful to you' [Yarhamukallah] to them as sneezing is from Allah *swt*. :)

It becomes obligatory for every Muslim to reply with Yarhamukallah if they have heard their fellow Muslim sneezing .:up:

Narrated al Bara [ra]: the prophet *saw* ordered us to do seven [things] and forbade us from seven [other things]: He *saw* ordered us to:
                    • pay a visit to the sick;
                    • to help the oppressed
                    • to follow funeral processions;
                    • to say 'May Allah *swt* be merciful to you' to a sneezer, if he says 'praise be to Allah *swt*;
                    • accept invitation [to a banquet];
                    • to return greetings; and
                    • to help others to fulfill their oaths [provided it was not sinful].

Narrated Abu Huraira [ra]: the prophet *saw* said, ''Allah *swt* like sneezing and dislikes yawning , so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah *swt*, the it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him to say 'May Allah *swt* be merciful to you. [Yarhamukallah]. :)

After you have said 'Yar khamukallah' to the sneezer, the one who sneezed should say 'Yah di kummullah ho wa yuslihu baalakum
                    .' [May Allah *swt* give you guidance and improve your condition ]:up:
                    Narrated Abu Hurairah [ra]: when the latter says 'Yar Khamukallah' [May Alah *swt* bestow his mercy on you] the former should say 'Yah di kummullah ho wa yuslihu baalakum' [May Allah *swt* give you guidance and improve your condition].''

Sounds complicated but inshaallah simple as this inshaallah:

Former: *Sneezes* :o

Latter:
                    ''Yarhamukallah''

Former
                    : ''Yah di kummullah ho wa yuslihu baalakum.'' :D

But as regards to yawning, it is from Satan , so one must try his/ her best to stop it, as much as he can; if one say 'Ha' when yawning, Satan will laugh at him. '' [Bukhari]

You should always try an stop yourself from yawning as much as you can as the yawn comes from Satan.

[Bukhari]

and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah inshaallah!

Comment

Reminder 37

Wishing :) a beautiful thing isnt it? and in islam we are allowed to wish for anything as long as it is a halal thing.

but the kind of wishing i wanted to talk about enshalah was wishing for death.

sometimes things get hard and at the moment everyone seems to be involved in a trial of their own..some harders than others.

when everythings going downwards in extreme circumstances people may wish for death as a last desperate attempt...or even try to commit suicide...

Narrated Anas *RA* : If i had not heard the prophet :saw: saying ,''you should not long for death,'' i would have longed [for it].''

[bukhari]

i think what is really interested too note about the above hadith is that these are the followers of the prophet...the best of nations who loved the propht whole- heartedly and they were going through the toughest of trials.

if they can contain their wishing at a time when the difficulties were much tougher then surely in thiS day and age where we have so many other options to choose from when dealing with issues, isnt it better we also have patience and try to emulate them? :(

Also

Narrated Abu Hurraira [or Sa'd bin Ubaid] *RA* : Allahs messenger :saw: said, ''none of you should long for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase , his good deeds , and if he is an evil doer, he may stop the evil deeds and repent.''

[Bukhari]

.......and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah :)

Comment

Reminder 37

Wishing :) a beautiful thing isnt it? and in islam we are allowed to wish for anything as long as it is a halal thing...but the kind of wishing i wanted to talk about inshaallah is wishing for death.

Sometimes things get hard and at the moment everyone seems to be involved in a trial of their own..some harders than others.

When everythings going downwards in extreme circumstances people may wish for death as a last desperate attempt to get away from it all...may even try to commit suicide...

Narrated Anas *RA* : If i had not heard the prophet :saw: saying ,''you should not long for death,'' i would have longed [for it].''

[Bukhari]

I think what is really interested too note about the above hadith is that these are the followers of the prophet :saw:...the best of nations who loved the propht whole- heartedly and they were going through the toughest of trials.

If they can contain their wishing at a time when the difficulties were much tougher then they are in this day and age where we have so many other options to choose from when dealing with issues, isnt it better we also have patience and try to emulate them? :(

Also

Narrated Abu Hurraira [or Sa'd bin Ubaid] *RA* : Allahs messenger :saw: said, ''none of you should long for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase , his good deeds , and if he is an evil doer, he may stop the evil deeds and repent.''

[Bukhari]

.......and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah :)

Originally posted by Al Noor View Post
                        Beautiful reminder sister, sometimes times can get really hard and thats the reason why some people wish for death, I think we all need to be more stronger in our Emaan and rely on Allah Tallah to help solve our problems...

I also think the key issue we are facing in this day and age is Sabr and the lack of it.

May Allah guide us all to the right path and give us Sarb for when we are faced with tribulations and difficulties. Ameen

Have Sabr as this life is a big test...it is a prision for the believer and paradise for the unbelievers....
                        Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 25-02-11, 01:04 AM. Reason: formatting -im a freak like that =p

Comment

Reminder 38

This reminder is about not judging people and not thinking that you are better than them purely because of your good deeds, prayers etc.

Narrated Sa'd bin Sahl as saidi: the prophet :saw: said ''A person may do deeds that seem to the people as the deeds of the people of Paradise while infact, he is from the dwellers of the Fire [Hell]. Similarly a person may do deeds that seem to the people as the deeds of the Fire [Hell] while in fact ,he is from the dwellers of Paradise.

[Bukhari]

I am going to share a hadeeth which brings the above hadeeth into context...it really opened my eyes:

Narrated Sahl [bin sa'd]: there was a man who fought most bravely of all the muslims on behalf of the muslims in a battle [Ghazwa] in the company of the prophet :saw: .

The prophet looked at him and said ,''If anyone would like to see a man from the people of the fire [Hell], let him look at this [man].'' On that a man from the people [muslims] followed him and he was in a state, i.e. fighting fiercely against Al-Mushrikoon...the companions said to the prophet 'but how can he be from the dwellers of the fire when he is fighting so fiercely?' Then the man was wounded and he hastened to end his life by placing the pointed end of his sword between his breasts [and pressed it with great force] till it came out between his shoulders.

Then the man [who was watching that person] went quickly to the prophet :saw: and said, ''I testify that your Allah :swt: messenger.''

[Bukhari]

*the above hadeeth has been shortened because it was very long :o*

Basically the people who the prophet was talking too were unsure about how this man could be from the people of the fire when he was fighting so fiercely for the sake of Allah :swt: ?

So the next time you see someone doing something don't judge them as a sinner/ righteous person just because of it...if they appear a sinner pray for them and if they appear righteous pray that Allah :swt: blesses them more . :inlove:

and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah.

Comment

Wow :alhumdull already onto my first year of Ramadhan Reminders in 2008 from Reminder 39 onwards to Reminder 62.

I will still post them as although its not Ramadhan its good to refresh that feeling and for continuity inshaallah =)

Reminder 39
                            And the statement of Allah :swt: ''O you who believe ! fasting has been prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may learn self- restraint.'' [2.183]

Al -muttaqoon is also used and the definition of Al -muttaqoon is those who are pious and righteous persons who fear Allah :swt: much [abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He :swt: has forbidden] and love Allah :swt: much [perform all kinds of good deeds which He :swt: has ordained].

...and i remind myself before anyone else Insha'Allah.

Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 26-02-11, 12:47 PM. Reason: Yes formatting =)

Comment

Reminder 40

This hadith reminds us that we don't not need to be excessive in our praying or worship as Allah :swt: loves those deeds which are done regularly even if they are little [Bukhari] :love:

This is important to remember as in the fasting months as although it is good that we try our best too read as many soorahs and do as much dhikr as possible it is equally important that we don't over do it

Narrated Talha bin 'Ubaid-Ullah: A bedouin with unkempt hair came to the prophet :saw: and said, ''Oh Allahs Messenger :saw:! Inform me what Allah :swt: has made compulsory on me as regards to As- Salat [the prayer].'' He :saw: replied ,''You have to perform the five compulsory salah [Iqama-tis-salah] in a day and night [24 hours], unless you want too offer nawafil [voluntary prayers].''

The bedouin further asked, ''Inform me what Allah :swt: has made compulsory for me as regards to fasting.'' He :saw: replied, ''You have to observe Saum [
                              fast] during the whole month of Ramadhan ,unless you want fast more as Nawafil [voluntary fasts].''

Edited-The Bedouin further asks about what Allah :swt: has enjoined on him of zakat and the prophet :saw: informs him about all the laws [i.e. the fundamentals] of Islam.

The Bedouin then said, 'By him who has honored you , i will neither perform any nawafil nor will i decrease what Allah :swt: has enjoined on me.''

Allah's messenger :saw: said, ''If he is saying the truth, he will succeed [or said, he will be granted Paradise].''

[Bukhari]

...and i remind myself before anyone else insha'Allah.

Please add some more ahadeeths if you know any related to this reminder. =)

Comment

Reminder 41

Ramadhan is not just a month of abstaining from food and drink, but also a month in which we tailor and manage our anger and relations with others. :)

Narrated Abu Huarairah [ra]: Allahs messenger :saw: said, 'Saum [fasting] is a shield [or a screen or shelter from the Hell fire] So th person observing saum should avoid sexual reationships with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impodently ,and if somebody fights with him or abuses him ,he should say to him twice, ''i am fasting i am fasting. ''

[Bukhari]

Good rules for general day to day life i would say =)

...and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah.

(Apologies peeps, i missed one yesterday so i have done one now and i will do one later on today inshaallah).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X