• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Reminders Thread

:start:

:salams

Reminder 15

narrated abu hurarira ra: allahs messenger
    :saw: said, "all my followers will enter paradise except those who refuse." they said, "O allahs messenger :saw: who will refuse?" He said, " "Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys me is the one who refuses (to enter it)

:wswrwb:

j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Reminder 16

'And if we give man a taste of mercy from us , and then withdraw it from him, verily, he is despairing, ungrateful. but if we let him taste good (favor) after evil (poverty and harm), has touched him, he is sure to say: "Ills have departed from me." Surely, he is exultant, boastful (ungrateful to Allah swt).

except those who show patience and do righteous good deeds: theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (Paradise).

(surah Hud verses 9-11)

i underlined patience as i think this is the weakness of many people, including myself.

People all to often forget Allah (swt), when they are rejoicing and when they have made an achievement and put it down to their own glory and intelligence.

But as soon as something bad happens its allah allah all over. " why has allah (swt) inflicted this upon me?'

Brothers and sisters! we can be so hypocritical and i really think that we should work both on our patience (sabr)
      and being thankful to allah (swt) even when things go wrong.

as he i the only one that can make them better again.

...and i remind myself before ne1 els enshallah.

Comment

Reminder 17

Life is like a revolving door, one door closes and another one opens. we

should realize that everything happens for a reason, and whatever

Allah (swt) decrees for us, it is for the best .

...and i remind myself before anyone else

Comment

I have decided to add them gradually rather than all at once at that way its more easy to catch up and read each one properly inshaallah.

Reminder 18

Naratted jubair bin mut'im ra : allahs messenger :saw: said, i have five names: i am Muhammed and Ahmed; I am al-mahi through whom allah will eliminate Kufr i.e. disbelief (infidelity); I am AL-Hashir who will be the first to be ressurected thereafter; and i am also Al-Aaqib (i.e. ther will be no prophet after me) [4:732 Bukhari]

Comment

Reminder 19

38. Behold! you are those who are called to spend in the cause of llah (swt), yet among you are those who are niggardly.* And whoever is niggardly , it is only at the expense of his own self. But Allah (swt) is rich (free of all needs) and you (mankind) are poor. And if you turn away (from Islam and the obedience of Allah swt), he will exchange you for some other people and they will not be of your likes.

(surah AL-Fath verse 38)

*niggardly = tight fisted/ stingy/ kanjoos

subhanallah! We should be grateful to Allah (SWT) for allowing us the opportunity to spend in his cause, and he does not need us but we need him...

when was the last time you gave in the way of Allah (swt)? (rhetorical question )

...and i remind myself before any1 els enshallah....

Comment

Reminder 20

the worst people before Allah :swt: on the day of judgment will be the double faced people who appear to some people on one face, and to the other people with another face. (Bukhari -book of al -adhab 52)

........and i remind myself b4 any1 else inshaallah....=)

and this is for the brothers as well as the sisters =p its not just women who backbite.

Comment

Reminder 21

The Prophet :saw: said "look at those below you and not those above you. It is better for you do not deny Allah's :swt: blessings on you."

(Bukhari)

Some good explanations from members below:

Originally posted by Omar Mukhtar View Post
                In the matter of worldy resources always Look at those who are at a lower level than you. Keep their company and have a eye on their conditions of life.

In matters relating to religion, keep the company of those who are superior to you, and at a higher level than you. This is because when you see people inferior to you in worldy resources, you will value the good things with which Allah has favored you, which others do not possess.

This will create in you a sense of contentment and gratitude, and the love of acquring worldy goods will be uprooted. On the other hand, when in matters concerning to religion you cast your eyes on those who are superior to you and have gone ahead of you, you will realise your inferiority and think of getting rid of it by trying to catch up with you superiors (Tirmidhi Shareef, Booko on Qiyamah ch58, Hadith No 2512)

and

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                The hadith is speaking of those who possess material things. Always look at those who are poorer than you, not those who are richer than you. This way you will be grateful for what you have. But if you are constantly looking at those wealthier than you, the celebrities and the super-rich, then you will become ungrateful for the bounties that Allah (swt) has been bestowed upon you. And it could also refer to other things, such as health or good looks etc.

:up:
                and

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                The Hadith does not Imply that, it says Not to deny Allah Sunbhanahu Wata'ala's Blessings, Niyamaah etc ...

in other words be Grateful be among the Shakireen for what is given to you and not Envy or be jealous of what someone else has ...

like this ayah says...

AL-Quran, Chapter 29 : Verse 66
                --------------------------------
                "Disdaining ungratefully Our gifts, and giving themselves up to (worldly) enjoyment! But soon will they know."

Most of mankind are ungrateful wretches, always moaning and complaining about their wants ...

your secondary statement highlighted in black is correct ...

:jkk:

Comment

Narrated abdullah ra: the prophet :saw: said, 'truthfulness leads to al-bhir (piety) and al-birr leads to paradise. and a man keeps on telling the truth until he becomes al-sidiq (a truthful person). Falsehood leads to al-fujur (evil doing) and al-fujur leads to the hell fire,and a man keeps on telling lies until he is written as a liar before allah (swt)

Bukhari

...Inshaallah never underestimate the sin of one little lie as it can lead to another and another......

...and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah...

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post
                  jazakhallah khair sis dat reli is a gr8 reminder

i think we 4gt sumtimes specially since theres things caled 'a white lie' the bottom line is its A LIE...lol where did they get that 4rm?

like u said i speak2 myself b4 ne1 else

i make dua that we al stay truthful and are known as truthful people 2 others but most importantly Allah inshallah ameen

Comment

Ponder this: Why condemn those who do not wear a Niqaab or Hijab. Do you not remember the favour of Allaah, when you used to not practice Islaam and were at the edge of Jahannam. How Allah saved you! Do not think of oneself as superior to those who don't wear Niqaab. Wearing a Niqaab or Thobe doesn't signify piety. Taqwa signifies piety as the Messenger emphasized pointing towards the chest.

Comment

:jkk:^

Reminder 23

Narrated Abu Ayub al Ansari (ra) The prophet :saw: said ," it is not lawful for a man to desert his brother (Muslim) for more than three nights. (it is unlawful for them that) when they meet one of them turns his face away from the other, and the other turns his face away from the former; and the better of the two will be the one who greets the other first. "

(Bukhari)

i think that this is important to remember as a lot of families systems are breaking down nowadays with all the trials and stuff. Brothers are killing brothers and sisters are killing their own sisters.

Relatives are becoming more and more distant as a result of petty arguments and their is also no unity amongst peoples own families!

The hadeeth states for more than three days whereas many family feuds have been going on for ages , so long in fact that they prob. cant remember the reason why they are feuding. =P

next time you meet someone you have had a feud with whether family or friend the most important thing to remember is that at the end of the day they are your brother/ sister in Islam and you should say your Asa lam / greet them first as their is reward in this action.

even if they continue to ignore you you are fulfilling your duty as a Muslim and at least you will not be held accountable in front of Allah :swt:.

may Allah :swt: protect and guide the ummah of rasool :saw:and keep us united ...ameen sum ameen :love:

........and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah =)

[I needed this reminder myself *blush*]

Comment

dp
                        Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 13-02-11, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Reminder 24

Today someone in my extended family not died. i have never even met this guy i don't even know what he looked like or anything. i don't even know his name until today...but it is amazing how sadness and grief unites people....

He went to pakistan to get married...subhanallah the irony...he suffered from a condition where his body could not make its own blood and so he had to have regular transfusions after every six weeks. before he went he had been to the doctors and everything was fine he was allowed to go and his next treatment would be due when he came back.....

what happened was that he kept going to the bathroom and his brother who was with him noticed and obviously being aware of his condition, asked him what was wrong and the guy went and sat in the bathroom with his brother and called out to his father....

...both his father and his brother lifted him and took him to the bedroom and rested him on the bed. they gave him water to drink and he took the first two sips in...but the third one just settled on top of his mouth....:(

...the dr arrrived and said that he had been dead for five minutes....

astegferullah...o allah! to you we belong and to you we will return.
                          O allah! Have mercy on him and forgive him and save him from the punishment of the grave.
                          You are the one who guides and who you guide can not be misguided.
                          oh Allah! give his family the patience to deal with this and make them benefit from this trial(i.e. come closer to you)
                          o Allah! you know what we do not know and you see the benefits of calamities that we can not even comprehend.
                          o Allah! keep us safely on the right pathand when we come to you forgive us and protect us with your mercy and compassion.

...which parent thinks that they will be burying their own son with their own hands..:(

the brothers and sisters how they must have thought that they would see him again. O allah ! bless them with sabr.

its spookier when you hear the last things they did, the last time they met their families.
                          like before he went into the waiting room for the flight he stepped back twice and smiled at his family for the last time....

oh allah! had his family known this would be their last time they were going to see his smile, his face, him walking and talking, how different the atmosphere would have been.

subhanallah

Comment

Reminder 25

narated abu huraira (ra): Allah's messenger :saw: said, "Allah swt says ,'i am just as my slave thinks i am, (i.e. i am able to do for him what he thinks i can do for him) and i am with him if he remembers me. If he remembers me within himself I too remember him within myself; and if he remembers me within a group of people i remember him in a group that is better than them; and if he comes one span near to me, i go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to me, i go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to me walking, i go to him running.'"

(Bukhari)

Subhanallah!

the purpose of posting this reminder is how many times have we remembered Allah swt at times of distress, but instead of invoking him for his help we ask him why he is not helping us? 'Why Allah swt when i am calling unto you are you not with me, not answering my prayers?!'

the reality is that Allah swt is with us all the time, and if we invoke for his help instead of complaining then he will come closer to us through our adiyas' and will help us :love:

this hadeeth is well known and easy to remember but people quickly forget its message....

....and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah =)

Comment

Reminder 26

This is a very important reminder for everyone and myself especially.

This forum has many characters and sometimes tongue in cheek, we can say something at the expense of someone else, ie. making a joke of them. most of the time this is in good jest and the environment on this forum is quite 'safe' and people can take it on the chin. =)

But i think sometimes we should be aware that the prophet :saw: said:

'Whoever believes in allah swt and the last day should speak good or keep silent.'

(Bukhari)

...so although it mite be a good laf and a tease, maybe its better if you just go against your nafs for once and for the sake of pleasing allah swt.

Narrated abu huraira (ra): some people asked allahs messenger :saw: 'whose islam is the best? (i.e. who is a very good muslim?) He :saw: replied ,' the one who avoids harming the muslims with his tongue or hands.

(Bukhari)

....and i remind myself before anyone else.

p.s. i would appreciate if you could remind me if you see me being 'not nice' =)

:jkk:

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                              This is the best reminder out of all. Jazakallah Ukhtee
                              The way you put it is an excellent piece of work.

and

Originally posted by Astraeus View Post
                              :salams Ukhtee muslimma,

I agree with Brother Kasim on this ^^^^. It may be the best today, for me, as it is one which I still struggle with. Not because I mean ill will toward any of my Brothers or Sisters, but because a "joke" may cause them bad feelings. I only want the best for the Ummah, insha'Allah, I will continue to grow and learn...and that starts by speaking only good of my Brothers & Sisters.
                              Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 14-02-11, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Reminder 27

Narrated abu huriara (ra) i heard the prophet of Allah :saw: say: all the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the muhajiroon. (those who commit a sin openly or disclose thier sins to the people) An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah (swt) screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning and says, ''O so-and-so i did such an such (evil deed) yesterday,'' though he spent the whole night screeed by his Lord (none knowing his sin) and in the morning he removes allahs screen from himself.

-----------------------------------*****-----------------------------

even something simple bros/ sis's like 'oh man i missed my Fajr prayer this morning.' =)

Although it may seem harmless to say you are disclosing your sins to them when in fact they do not need to know this, also you are making yourself open to their questions then..oh how come?' when really you are only answerble to Allah (swt) on these issues.

........and i remind myself before anyone else inshaallah...=)

Comment

Working...
                                X