X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Reminders Thread

:start:

:salams

Masha'ALLAH at this let's go right back to BASICS!

Reminder 127- Struggling for Acceptance

Coming to Islam was difficult for me. I had long sensed the truth in principles like Tawheed, the ‘Oneness’ of God, and in the veracity of the Holy Qur’an. Yet I was a product of my environment and therefore privileged, selfish, and self-absorbed. I thought only of the things I would lose when I converted: friends, love affairs, respect from colleagues, and of course reading a book in the dark corner of a bar while nursing a cold beer on a hot day. These things were part of what I based my identity on, so I felt I would be losing myself if and when I became Muslim.

Somewhere inside this bundle of self-absorption focusing on loss was the very real fear that even when I did declare myself a Muslim, I would never live up to others’ expectations. After all, the group of Muslim friends I was blessed with seemed to shoulder their responsibilities with no effort at all. I felt I could never project the dignity and self-assurance they did when going into a masjid. Most of all, I felt like I couldn’t live up to what Allah subhanahu wa ta`la (exalted is He) expected of me.

Read more here.

:wswrwb:
    j u s t B ...y o u r s e l f.

Comment

Reminder 128

Don't forget to have a bit of fun inshaallah

http://www.drawastickman.com/

=p

Comment

• http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/08/...o-differently/

Comment

Only 7 there the rest are on the link - when my reminders are not colourful, underlined, numbered etc it's because I'm using my mobile to post and it's too tricky to do all the nice edits (=.

Comment

Reminder 130

Don't know about others but right now im feeling like ive got a lot on my plate. Ramadan's gone Shawwal is over [fasting done] and where back to the whims and ways of everyday life. Things have been challenging lately and when your feeling quite low and like nothing can make you happy it's hard to get some focus in your life even though we know our sole purpose, of course is to worship Allah .

Anyway as well as doing a bit of off loading i thought it would be nice to have a bit of inspiration and to help kindle some hope and happiness back into things which may be helpful for others too (=

Allah say in the Holy Quran :

And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. [2:186]

This is a really important verse for us all because Allah reminds us that we need to be obedient to him at all times '' So let them respond to Me [by obedience]'' and remember Him through thick and thin -Allah is managing things for us all the time so we should thank him for his constant care of us and when he decides to let something inflict us we should remember to turn back to Him as He will always be listening.

Where tears are shed divine mercy is shown -RUMI

We hear a lot about the verse of 2:216 where Allah says that we might dislike something which is good for us and like something which is bad for us. We have to remember that whatever happens in our life is a test -the people we meet the experiences we have etc. These are all opportunities to turn back to Allah azwajjal and if it was never meant to happen to us it would not have come to pass, and if it has happened, nothing we could have done would have turned it away from us.

So

Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 28-09-11, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Reminder 131

For us single'uns =p the thought of marriage , proposals weddings, engagements, friends getting hitched when you're still very single getting to you? Your knight or princess is not even on the horizon..? Tough stuff eh?

Hook up with Allah, and Allah will hook you up

Before I got married, I was given unsolicited advice on how to change in order to make myself “more appealing” to brothers. Sisters would voluntarily tell me I should be more outgoing when with men, dress more attractively to get their attention and stop being as involved with Islamic activism so I would not scare them away.
              Since when is our purpose in life marriage? Where in the Qur’an does Allah ask us to change our personalities, dress style and tone down our activism in hopes of getting hitched? Nevertheless, with marriage being such a huge concern in our community, many face the temptation to change their values to find a spouse.

Here’s an idea: Instead of working to please a potential suitor, perhaps we should first seek to please Allah, the One who sows the seed of love in our hearts and can bless us with our dream husband or dream wife.

Instead of looking for marriage at every event, let’s look for marriage in our relationship with al-Wahhab, the Giver of All. Let’s be honest. We are talking about al-Mujeeb, the Responder to Prayer. Those are amongst the Names of Allah! Allah gives and He answers!

If you are an individual who struggles to lower your gaze and protect your eyes, heart, tongue and body from falling into the haram, don’t you know that Allah will indeed reward you?

Every time you glance up and see someone you wish you could be with, turn away and in that moment ask Allah to bless you with a spouse who will be the sweetness of your eyes. Would not Allah listen to and accept your supplication to Him? How could Allah possibly not accept the supplication of His adamant worshipper who is painfully struggling to maintain his or her modesty and guard his or her chastity? The Prophet ﷺ has encouraged us to “Ask and you will be given…” (at-Tirmithi) Allah will give you! How could He not when you are striving only for His Sake?

In those moments in the last third of the night, in those two rakahs which you make out of pure frustration of your situation, weeping, asking Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala – exalted is He) to answer you – do you not think Allah the Rabb al-`alameen (Lord of the Worlds) will not respond to you? Allahu Akbar (God is the Greatest), this is Allah! Without doubt Allah (subhanahu wa ta’ala) is going to answer you!

Sauce =p : full article
              here

Last edited by ღ♥JuSt*bLuShInGღ♥; 02-10-11, 02:11 PM.

Comment

REMINDER 132

Small reminder today inshaallah

May our days be filled with productivity and striving to make the world a better place, inshAllah! In the meantime, some food for thought: "Yearning for Allah and His meeting is like the gentle breeze blowing upon the heart, extinguishing the blaze of the Dunya. Whosoever caused his heart to settle with his Lord shall be in a state, calm and tranquil, and whosoever sent it amongst the people shall be disturbed and excessively perturbed." -Ibn Qayyum Al Jawziyyah

Comment

Reminder 133

When the people who you thought were terrorists die for your communities

This brother did the Muslims proud ,his son was a prime example, remember respect starts at home with children we are all responsible how our children grow up!

Ina lillahi wa inna ilehyi rajeeoon =\

Comment

Reminder 134

Fajrrr, who got up for fajr today? Such a good feeling when you do mashaallah <3

I would really recommend making niyah to get up for Fajr and inshaallah you will defo get up... :D There's no way Allah won't help you in this
                    Small clip the ol' man is too cute =p and doing all that exercise not sure where the guys muscles are but hey (:

Comment

Reminder 135

More about FAJR tips on how to wake up!!

http://www.productivemuslim.com/how-...r-fajr-part-1/

Comment

:salams all my lovely jubilee ummah Sis/. Bros (:

Reminder 136

THIs is such an awesome awesome Awesome thought provoking and different lecture about fish of FAcebook than what I have listened to before. It's not just the usual Facebook fitnah, zina etc etc it really looks at some of the other more prominent issues in detail. Mashallah I really enjoyed it. I know it's longer than most of my other clips but it's soo worth it. Get comfy and watch inshaallah ((:

Comment

Loll at my spell check error I meant fiqh of facebook not fish of Facebook

Comment

Reminder 137

Small reminder today (:

"Don't worry about life for it is not within your power, but worry about your imaan, because without which life would be worthless."

So true mashallah- do what you can inshaallah

And i remind myself first.

:wswrwb: :D

Comment

• Finally I can attach pics to ummah posts using the app :) happy me.. Well I forgot to check what number reminder this is 138?

Reminder 138

Wow so simple but so meaningf
                              Attached Files

Comment

this thread has been very beneficial, jazakhallah khair, keep em coming

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X