Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image Consultant? waste of money or good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Consultant? waste of money or good idea?

This is question mostly for the ladies but guys are welcome to answer. What is your opinion on seeing an image consultant? Kinda like those show "what not to wear?" or "HOw do I look?". you know where they do

A discovery session - to find your personal style that matches your personality
    Do closet analysis and even personal shopping

I had a motivation speaker at work a lady who suggested image consultant is the best money a girl can spend. Because in general we spend a lot of money buying cloths that we never wear. So I took the idea and kind of running with it. But on other hand I am not too sure if it is worth it, seems silly someone telling how to shop.

I am not interested in closet analysis or personal shopping at this point, never closet analysis. But getting someone to help refine my personal style sounds bit therapeutic

the problem i am facing is finding out who is good and who isn't. I did contact 2 and one of the lady said she has worked with muslim client before and is up for the challenge of finding modest cloth. But still i don't know if she is good

Re: Image Consultant? waste of money or good idea?

sigh.....
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Why can't you soul search yourself?
      "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

I personally wouldnt do it. I think itd be a waste of money. I think if anyone is going to know what you like and what u feel comfortable in, its you :)
        Patience...

Comment

Hey sounds good to me to be honest. You will learn what best suits you which is good as Islamically we should look good for our husbands etc and also it will save money because you won't be buying rubbish clothes you never wear or things that don't suit you. It would be good though if you found someone who has really worked with lots of muslims or is muslim themself...maybe you could even contact a muslim designer?!? so at least you are spending your money wisely as they will know where to look etc?. Some people have natural flair and know what suits them and what to buy (mashAllah lots of muslim girls have this ability)...and others don't like me i have no idea!

Comment

Rashid - It takes too long to figure out on ur own. I am lazy and don’t have patience.
            Rouz – I am too dumb to know what works for me and what doesn’t.

Pinkpink- Thanks for someone understanding. I contacted few consultants saying I am Muslim and brown.

#1) worked with Muslim women before and after talking to her over phone it is apparent she knows a lot. She sounds very mature and professional. I really liked her. But she is expensive (3 times more than other one). The shops she uses are the type I never step in due to price.

#2) sounded young and friendly. She is certified as well but I didn’t get the mature/cold/professionalize with her. She is 1/3 of the first lady prize but has not worked with Muslim women. I had to explain things to her and I know it won’t be as smooth with her vs. the first lady. But at her prize I don’t mind teaching her about muslim dressing. The only worry is will she pick it up and understand & be helpful.

I don’t know whom to go with:
            #1) expensive but has knowledge and experience I am seeking. I will only get minimal service from her due to cost. She seems neutral the whole time.
            #2) cheap and eager to take on the challenge, sounded very excited. At her price I can afford to spend some time to educate her.

I am going to try the cheap one first for the shortest session available. And if I don’t like her I will go with the expensive one.

Comment

start skipping ropes
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

I would never do it. It would be incredibly annoying to have someone else tell me how to look/dress I would probably punch her in the face. Also I prefer to do these things alone.

Comment

Working...
                X