Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a convert join the MSA?

Asalam Alaykum,

I reverted to Islam about a year ago and am interested in joining the MSA at my school to learn more and be part of the community,I also don't have any muslim friends and really would love to meet some Inshallah!
    I still have a lot to learn, but am worried that other members might shun me/laugh at me because Iam 1.White 2. Still learning about Islam daily :)
    I know this behavior is not the norm but have had a bad experience being accepted by other muslims.
    Does anyone have any insight/advice on this?
    :)

Re: Should a convert join the MSA?

why would anyone laugh at you for being white and new to islam?

if they do, get them reported for racism and tell them they know nothin about islam

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

Comment

:wswrwb:
      noo sis they shouldnt be doing that and in my experience i dont think the majority of people will be like that to you, so insha Allah join up its good to get to know other sisters and have muslims friends because it can b a great support to you. if its a large school/university then chances are there would be other white converted muslims there too or have been previously so should not be something too strange for most people to be used to
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

:wswrwb:

Just join it. There will be white, black, Asians muslims in the MSA, too.
        You won't feel out of place :insha: :up:
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:salams

I cant speak for MSA's in america, but here everyone in ISOCs are realy friendly..we are all from completely different backgrounds and welcome everyone..just go for it :)
          Patience...

Comment

Working...
          X