nonmuslims and trying to be friends with them. not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nonmuslims and trying to be friends with them. not working

recently i changed university, and in the entire course there isn't 1 muslim. not even 1 asian.

i'm in second year now. all of last year i tried so hard to befriend these people, being overly friendly. but they just stick to eachother.

i even went out of my way to do things for certain people, to attract their friendship, but it's like nothing pleases them. is it the way i dress, is it because im muslim?

i dont know what they have against me, especially since i'm so friendly to them.

i disgust myself trying to suck up to a people that will not like me no matter what I do. i've never stooped so low.

do you think i should just leave them alone. walk alone, rather than sucking up to them?

Re: nonmuslims and trying to be friends with them. not working

Salams,

Just do your thing. Be a good example for Islam and the rest just might fall into place, insh'allah.
    "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

forget these kaffirs

Comment

Personally, I believe you shouldnt become friends with them. You might see yourself picking up habits that they do which could be against the sunnah. Make muslim friends around the city in the mosque or at other muslim gatherings. You can still give dawah without becoming their friend btw.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011 View Post
          recently i changed university, and in the entire course there isn't 1 muslim. not even 1 asian.

i'm in second year now. all of last year i tried so hard to befriend these people, being overly friendly. but they just stick to eachother.

i even went out of my way to do things for certain people, to attract their friendship, but it's like nothing pleases them. is it the way i dress, is it because im muslim?

i dont know what they have against me, especially since i'm so friendly to them.

i disgust myself trying to suck up to a people that will not like me no matter what I do. i've never stooped so low.

do you think i should just leave them alone. walk alone, rather than sucking up to them?
          trying to hard can be seen as creepy. just relax and be yourself, if you have a nice personality then people will see it and come to you.

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
          forget these kaffirs
          another kuffarophobic post off you. suprise, suprise.

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
          Personally, I believe you shouldnt become friends with them. You might see yourself picking up habits that they do which could be against the sunnah. Make muslim friends around the city in the mosque or at other muslim gatherings. You can still give dawah without becoming their friend btw.
          should he/she add you well wishes into their dahwah?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
            should he/she add you well wishes into their dahwah?
            Sorry I am having a hard time understanding that question. Could you provide an example?

Thanks

Comment

It is hard to make friends if you don't start uni in the first year of your course. Just forget them, join some soceities, sports teams and make friends from there

and don't suckup to others, just be normal

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
              www.QuranicAudio.com
              www.Quran.com

Comment

Perhaps that's the problem, you're being "overly friendly" and sucking up..be natural subhanAllaah.

Stop trying to attract their attention. Stop trying to please them. Strive to please Allaah, do your own thing.

Even the nice ones amongst them won't want to know if you're coming across in that way. And the evil ones amongst them will walk all over you and your eemaan. Keep your wits about you and show em your strong in your deen. If they want to talk to you then alhamdulillaah, it's a chance to give them da'wah and if they don't then alhamdulillaah, they cant introduce u to bad habits.

But really, you're better off alone than with bad company.

There may not be muslims on ur course, but what about where your living or in the locality?
                [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"][CENTER]So whoever disbelieves in (or rejects) Taaghout and believes in Allaah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it.
                (2:256)[/CENTER][/COLOR][/B]

Comment

:salams

Just let it be. If they don't want to be your friencds, then you don't want to be theirs. :insha: you'll find better Muslim friends.
                  No need to stress over it.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Hello 2011,

It could be any number of things. Several things though that maybe would help:

1. Don't be desperate for their friendship. Desperation repels many people.
                    2. Be friendly, but don't be a doormat. Stand up for yourself and expect people to treat you right. If they don't want to be friends, it's not your problem.
                    3. Realize some people are just not friendly and some people just don't care about people who are different, and that's not your fault. It's their issue.
                    4. Since you are Muslim, it would be good I'd think for you to get a support system from Muslims, like on here. There are many incredible Muslim ladies who I'm sure would be happy to be your friend, even though they don't live where you are or go to school with you.
                    5. Being friendly is cool and as a Non Muslim, I actually think highly of Islam when Muslims are kind to me, whereas when they're rude, I have to remember to not associate Islam with rude Muslims (as my Muslim friends tell me) so it doesn't hurt to be kind and friendly to Non Muslims, but no don't be desperate for their friendship. Just use this time in order to grow and if a Non Muslim decides to put effort into being friends with you, great. If not, that's not because of you but rather because of them, you know?

Yep, walk alone and hold your head up high and enjoy life without basing your happiness on walking with somebody. It's not forever that you'll walk alone you know... just this time period. If someone wants to walk with you, that's cool, but if they don't, it's not your problem.

Peace and God bless you

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
                      i agree with this

Comment

Working...
                      X