Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein whey

:salams

I've never had the stuff but am thinking of trying it to build a bit of extra lean muscle.

Anyone here noticed a change before and after using the stuff ? And It's a bit pricey so is it worth it ? etc

Re: Protein whey

firlty make sure its halal.

and yes it makes a huge difference because it will give you protien for you muscles and whatever your musles dosent use you body will burn for energy.
    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
      firlty make sure its halal.

and yes it makes a huge difference because it will give you protien for you muscles and whatever your musles dosent use you body will burn for energy.
      Yeh :jkk:

I was thinking, say i don't 'burn' off the excess protein, what will happen then ?? and currently, i eat food rich in protein such as chicken. I've noticed a change but is protein whey a better alternative ?

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
        Yeh :jkk:

I was thinking, say i don't 'burn' off the excess protein, what will happen then ?? and currently, i eat food rich in protein such as chicken. I've noticed a change but is protein whey a better alternative ?
        as far as i know you poop out extra protien but im not 100% sure about that.

whey protien is a way of getting a massive hit of protien without any fat whatsoever and thats why people use it as an addataive to their diet. its not a replacement because meat carries other nutrients for the body other then protien. meat helps with horamones and stuff too, whereas whey protien dosent stimulate horamone production.
        painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Deffo helps if you are working out regularly. Myprotein.co.uk do halal whey protein.
          SPREAD OF EVIL
          ZIONISM
          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

ok :jkk:

I'll give it a try brothers. Bro MA, thanks for the link too. Also My workout is minimum due to time-constraints, so how often do you think i should have this stuff. When is it best consumed, ie at night, before or after working out ?? etc

Comment

take ma's advice
              Last edited by uncle umar; 15-01-11, 09:58 PM.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I make 1 shake... sip it about 10/15 minutes between workout, and down the remaining ammount right after workout. I have something to eat an hour later... and then have another shake before bed.
                SPREAD OF EVIL
                ZIONISM
                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

:wswrwb:

My brother continued having the shakes but stopped doing the training, and gained quite a bit of weight.

I had one with oats the other day, and it seemed to work more effectively than just the shake - something to do with carbohydrates and insulin release I think.

Comment

I have a whey protein right after workout, and then a slow releasing casein shake before bed to keep the protein going to the muscles when asleep. Also take creatine sometimes, but very tiny ammounts.
                    SPREAD OF EVIL
                    ZIONISM
                    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Shukran ikhwaaan just ordered my first batch so will give it a try inshallah and see how it goes - can't wait!

How long roughly before i start seeing results ? man will be working out around 3/4 times a week.

Comment

Shukran ikhwaaan just ordered my first batch so will give it a try inshallah and see how it goes - can't wait!
                        Not everyone is a brother who replied in the thread lol..

-MA- what's creatine?

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Creatine works for some and doesn't seem to work for others. It works well for me tbh, but remember to cycle it like 6 weeks on and 4 weeks off, I understand that this is the case because your body will slow down in production of it's natural creatine.

Whey protein is good to an extent, remember you need to be training well to be able to put itbto use. Don't expect miracles with it though, ecspecially if you are not training hard enough. It's there to supplement your protein requirements. To effectively put on muscle you would need a gram of protein per pound of weight. So I weigh 160lbs I needs roughly 160g of protein, that's hard.. I get majority if my protein from natural sources like eggs, chicken, etc and then to bump it up I use whey before n after gym.

It takes ages to pack on muscle though so u won't see a real difference for months/ years.
                          Btw get your stuff from www.myprotein.co.uk good whey, good price and excellent delivery. Also the Hurricane XS is pretty good check out it's contents. Hope that helps.
                          "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
                          "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
                            Not everyone is a brother who replied in the thread lol..

-MA- what's creatine?
                            Read above.. It's something your body naturally gets from meat and fish. Taking it just means you get a little more. Helps with overall strength and size. I actually dont like the stuff, and keep thinking it has some sort of side effect.. But it seems to work :/
                            SPREAD OF EVIL
                            ZIONISM
                            BOLLYWOOD

Comment

How long roughly before i start seeing results ? man will be working out around 3/4 times a week.
                              Protein is what helps you build your muscles.. It wont give you a muscle boost, it will just ensure everytime you are having a good workout, your body has the right stuff to make more muscle. Should also allow you to workout more frequently, like once every 2 days. Rest is very important.. Eat well and protein packed food on your rest day, and get good sleep.
                              SPREAD OF EVIL
                              ZIONISM
                              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Working...
                              X