Q for all livin in USA or Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for all livin in USA or Canada

Here in UK, we dnt hav guns, we do have the National Health Service (NHS) which means any opporations and most medical care is free and also recieve benefits if on low-income etc.
    Lets say I wanted to move to a place in sun, like somewhere in USA or Canada, what would be the pro's and con's?

eg. pro = more sunshine and vit D
    con= guns are legal to have and no NHS?

Do the US and Canadian citizens get any financial help if on low income? what about the health service, not sure how that works over there.
    Allah is compassionate and He loves compassion in all things. [Hadith]
    :lailah::ahb:

Re: Q for all livin in USA or Canada

You do get some help if you are low income. Programs such as welfare, WIC, medicaid, etc...

Not all parts of the US and Canada have sunshine throughout the year only selected areas(florida, california).

Guns can be pro or can just depends on the person.

As a Muslim one of the worst things about living in the states is that if you arent low income and you need medical care you have to get health insurance. A lot of the scholars are of the opinion that health insurance is not permissible so the Americans here are somewhat at a crossroad. It isnt cheap with all the medical bills here but at the same time you should avoid paying for health insurance.
    Last edited by Excuse_me; 14-01-11, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkChocolate View Post
      Here in UK, we dnt hav guns, we do have the National Health Service (NHS) which means any opporations and most medical care is free and also recieve benefits if on low-income etc.
      Lets say I wanted to move to a place in sun, like somewhere in USA or Canada, what would be the pro's and con's?

eg. pro = more sunshine and vit D
      con= guns are legal to have and no NHS?

Do the US and Canadian citizens get any financial help if on low income? what about the health service, not sure how that works over there.
      u can get guns very easily in usa lol
      Our healthcare is better because of our scheme we get it cheap but amreekis have a lil hard time there.

and im sure u need a license to get a gun..license to kill ya'no? lol
      im not sure if we as canadians get financial help but if u work in a restuarant then ull get like 600$ per month or so here but that is too less so yh.

Comment

The US seems sooo different to the UK.

I don't want to come across patriotic or anything, because I am not, but I've always thought the UK better... I mean, just watching BBC lately about the whole Republican politicians and what happened with the congresswoman shooting... I just can't imagine a lot of the stuff people get away with saying there being said here; and I mean on average. Then when we consider crime...

I like how big the US is in comparison to the UK, however, the layout of homes and land... vast amounts of land... I guess I feel it more living in a crowded city, but yeah, I meant just looking at Google maps, lol. The weather doesn't appeal to me so much, excluding when it rains here too much, I like that it doesn't stay one season for too long; I can't stand excessive heat... I faint.

Canada seems like a better version of the US.
        Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
        O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
        We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
          u can get guns very easily in usa lol
          Our healthcare is better because of our scheme we get it cheap but amreekis have a lil hard time there.

and im sure u need a license to get a gun..license to kill ya'no? lol
          im not sure if we as canadians get financial help but if u work in a restuarant then ull get like 600$ per month or so here but that is too less so yh.
          I'm not good with wages/salaries... so bear that in mind. $600 is around £375... I'm sure thats the weekly pay for people who work in a restaurant? :scratch:
          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Canuckville doesn't have the same laws as the US. We don't have the right to bare arms and what not. Plus, we have free health care....which is why we're taxed to death.
            مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
            It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
            Surah al-Baqarah
            [2:245]

.:.
            .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
            Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Most states in America does allow people to carry guns as long as they are concealed. Put weapon laws are different depending on which states you're in.
              Also, health care in US is same as UK and probably in Can., too.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                Most states in America does allow people to carry guns as long as they are concealed. Put weapon laws are different depending on which states you're in.
                Also, health care in US is same as UK and probably in Can., too.
                US has horrible health care. :S
                مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                Surah al-Baqarah
                [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

goto a muslim country.

but if you insist on going to the west, then ide say canada. they make it illeagal here to defend yourself but at least you got free health care after you been assulted because its illeagal to defend yourself.

btw, its only breaking the law if you get cought.
                  And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                    goto a muslim country.

but if you insist on going to the west, then ide say canada. they make it illeagal here to defend yourself but at least you got free health care after you been assulted because its illeagal to defend yourself.

btw, its only breaking the law if you get cought.
                    Its the same in the UK. So why move?

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                      Canuckville doesn't have the same laws as the US. We don't have the right to bare arms and what not. Plus, we have free health care....which is why we're taxed to death.
                      ya, they make it illeagal for the regular jow to have a gun cause its gotta be registered. criminals dont register guns.

likewise we cant buy full auto guns, just semi auto. criminals attack with mac 10's and ak-47s. kinda unfair.
                      And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Safiya View Post
                        Its the same in the UK. So why move?
                        because the west stinks and we should all be trying to help muslim countries.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                          because the west stinks and we should all be trying to help muslim countries.
                          I meant from the UK to Canada. Never mind.

Comment

US has excellent health care. But the issue is cost. Even if you have insurance the company might not cover all cost. And if you have pre exsiting condition before joining the insurance company they won't cover you.
                            Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.Ē
                            (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                              US has horrible health care. :S
                              But, like the OP said, Americans do get free or reduced cost for operations and stuff if they have health insurance.
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                              X