X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation..

Salam brothers and sisters,

I would like a diagnosis lol.
    During my teenage years and around the time I first started practising, I could so easily and happily make conversation with just about anyone I wanted to, I wouldn't feel hesitant or shy to make conversation, male or female, older or younger, of whatever personality. I could actually keep a good healthy conversation without realising for a long while about anything.

After a very long time I've started to meet people from many years ago and new people. I've realised that I really really struggle to have anything to say or ask.. The conversation will last 2 mins if that and splotch! the conversation is over. I just give people Salam now and ask how they are then end the conversation. However it looks abit rude.

What is wrong with me?
    "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
    "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Re: Conversation..

What did you used to talk about before? Maybe you don't waste as much time on useless things which are what people usually like to talk about therefore conversation is now limited?

Comment

maybe you arent talking about what truly interests you? also, maybe you have developed humility as well and with that comes shyness..:)

Comment

:wswrwb:

Take that positively, bro. If you don't really have anything to say, then you don't say anything. Prophet Muhammad :saw: and his Companions (RA) were very quiet. They used to only talk when necessary. Now, I'm not saying you should be like them (even though, it would be good), but at least, you shouldn't feel that you are doing anything wrong or have changed in a bad way.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

It is a very good thing. Talk what is needed.
          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
            What did you used to talk about before? Maybe you don't waste as much time on useless things which are what people usually like to talk about therefore conversation is now limited?
            Originally posted by Tahiyah View Post
            maybe you arent talking about what truly interests you? also, maybe you have developed humility as well and with that comes shyness..:)
            Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            :wswrwb:

Take that positively, bro. If you don't really have anything to say, then you don't say anything. Prophet Muhammad :saw: and his Companions (RA) were very quiet. They used to only talk when necessary. Now, I'm not saying you should be like them (even though, it would be good), but at least, you shouldn't feel that you are doing anything wrong or have changed in a bad way.
            I understand what you are saying, JazakALLAH
            However the thing is i'm representing Islam, the people i meet for the first time in ages ecspecially those who do not practise Islam need to know that we are not boring dull people. They need to know about Islam.
            I could use it as a means to make conversation and head into Dawah at a later time. I struggle to get past- How are you? and What you been up ta? The conversation slumps and i call it a day. After 10 years i want them to know Islam made me a better person.... difficult to explain.
            "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
            "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Comment

Giving Dawah would only depend on the person. I don't think everyone would like you telling them about Islam, unless if they're interested. Plus, you can get to know them over time and then slowly start talking about Islam.

You're not gonna go and say "Hi," and then start saying "Yo, check out this new thing in the block! It got tawheed, too!"

I like your intentions, though.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Salaam

remember, people are humans too and they probably feel the same way you do at times
                its natural

if youre not a good talker
                maybe for dawah, distribute literature and then if they want to ask questions they can

they will ask
                and youll be obliged to answer and it will just roll after that
                .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

People move on. The person you were then is different to who you are now, probably more mature, sensible. Friends you had then are out the window you have new friends now who are more in tune with who you are. People just move on.

Common interests is what brings people together. You like a sport or share a hobby like eating out you will have more to talk about.

In my experience these thing is an echo of the life. Here today gone tomorrow. Eternal and everlasting is always with Allah and HIS deen. Never the duniya. So one should learn to appreciate the deen , remember Allah always and be thankful to HIM.

Comment

JazakALLAH I was talking to a friend who feels the sme yday, we came to the conclusion that because it takes two to have a converstion and people view us in a light as we are religous. As this is the case the conversation doesn't go anywhere because people can't make conversation either.

Comment

Working...
                    X