No announcement yet.

How do you handle lack of appreciation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you handle lack of appreciation?

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
    Bismillah

I've got a question. How do you handle lack of appreciation and acknowledgement of one's actions? You do something for yourself partly but with a bigger person in mind but there is no appreciation shown from their art, and then you feel hurt inside. Is it to know that Allah accepts your actions and that He swt is appreciative and your reward for those actions are With Him?
    bro dont do thing to show off , we have been warned of Riyaa by the beloved prophet of Allah against this vice. so anything you do in order to assist humankind do it for the sake of Allah and do not expect appreciation from them.

Comment

Bismillah

I've got a question. How do you handle lack of appreciation and acknowledgement of one's actions? You do something for yourself partly but with a bigger person in mind but there is no appreciation shown from their art, and then you feel hurt inside. Is it to know that Allah accepts your actions and that He swt is appreciative and your reward for those actions are With Him?
      our beloved prophet has warned us against Riyaa (show off). so when you help or do things do it only for the sake Allah. and expect reward from him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
        When you do a good deed, intend to please Allah.

Whilst doing that deed, again check that your intention is merely the pleasure of Allah.

After you're done, throw the deed in the ocean, meaning dont even look back that you did it, and never remind others of it, or even expect then to thank you for it.

Once you start doing things for the real pleasure of Allah, then Allah places that appreciation is others hearts for us. And even he doesnt, thats not our aim. Our aim is the pleasure of Allah.
        deep,that.
        Ima keep it in my head.
        JazakAllah khayr.
        'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
        Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
        علي الحبشي

Comment

I understand that, but what i was getting at was something like this;

If a wife does something for her husband (for example) and she does this because it's his right and for the sake of Allah she fulfills her obligation/his rigt, but he shows no appreciation.

Same thing applies here, liike she should only expect something from Allah right? To not be disappointed by humans?
          say for eg if it was this example of marriage and both showing no appreciation for each other, its not healthy as it causes resentment if its long term. so i dont think there is anything wrong with talking about the situation and coming to a better understanding whereby they do appreciate each other.
          its true like people are saying we do things for Allah's sake but in a relationship its healthy to show appreciation not take each other for granted, theres nothing wrong with that and it is natural for it to be like that.
          i know your example is prob not for marriage so would be easier to advice if it was more specific but for marriage rather than all the advice of just do it for Allah's sake and forget about it, i think it is also v valid and important to sort the issue out among the couple, so maybe in other situations that could be the case too
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

be grateful for anything anyone does for you, even a kafir or an enemy

but when you do a good deed, dont expect any thanks, this way, you know you are doing it for Allah

but if you get thanks from people, thank Allah for them showing you appreciation and watch your ego
            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Working...
            X