Saying it all at ones face!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying it all at ones face!

Some people consider it to be a weakness of ones personality if one is unable to say it at a colleague/relative's face that his words & actions are really annoying & heart pinching....Their justification is; "I am not the hypocrite who is very good at ones face but back bites in one's absence. That is why I say it all at his face" (In other words I insult & degrade a person at his face, which is better than disgracing him at his back. Is it ?!?!

Our Prophet (Saw) never used to degrade anyone neither at his face, nor at his back, neither directly, nor indirectly. He used to absorb all the bitterness, and never let even 1% of the rudeness reflect back....Instead 100% sweetness was always returned....Once the Prophet (saw) went so many times in a day to a Jew to request him to accept Islam (to save him from the fire of hell) that once he slapped the Prophet (saw). At night when he saw the Prophet (saw) again at his door, he spit at the Prophet's face. Finally the Prophet replied: This would certainly have cooled down your anger. Now please accept Islam. The Jew's heart melted as he thought: No one can be blessed by Allah (swt) with such high manners (and dedication) except for a Prophet and hence he immediately accepted Islam....
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 10-01-11, 03:14 PM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Saying it all at ones face!

alhamdulillah
    patience is not a weakness

Comment

Some things are just better kept to yourself. You need to learn to hold your peace. If those thoughts / feelings get out then things can get even worse.

Relations between people are EXTREMELY delicate. It takes a lifetime to build and one sentence to destroy.

Once you say something and it cracks that relationship things are never the same again. Unfortunately, that is the harsh reality.

Comment

^ Beautifully said. JazakAllah khair...
        Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Yeah patience is the wisest form of action in some cases as inpatience will make the situation even worse. But what about this hadith:
          'Whomsoever sees from amongst you a disobedience being done, therefore he should avert it with his hand. If he is not capable of doing so, then with his tongue. If he is not capable of doing so, then with his heart and that is the lowest form of iman (faith).' (Muslim)
          I think some may feel that they have a duty to correct someone in the wrong for Allah's sake but it is the good manner in which one goes about doing this that really matters, I guess one must explore the pros and cons of correcting someone's bad action to take appropraite action.

In my opinion if a person is likely to take no heed in your good mannered advice and respond violently/harshly then it is best left alone but if the person who is commiting the sin is likely to listen to your good advice then it is worth the hassel so we have to examine each individuals responce. But I'm don't think I'm right. We must follow the teachings of the Prophet and Quran. So has anyone found useful quotes on this subject?

Comment

Well in situation when things can be resolved and solved easily but some people are just too stubborn and hard headed to make it easy for others, it does test your patience. They think about things are made worse for them but what about the other people? the stress and distress involved? the emotional pain? people's patience has limit. You get huge reward also for making things easy for others, for relieving their stress and distress, because you are the main character through which people's stress and distress can be relieved. and how to do that is not that difficult if you ask and understand the emotional pain other people are facing. Sometimes people use religion and the sunnah unjustly when things like I said can be resolved and solved easily.

Comment

I know many people like that ^
              They say that they'd rather say it out than keeping it in their head.
              But sometimes you gotta look at who you're talking to man, you can't just 'say things out' to your rents...
              That's just wrong man.
              "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
                I know many people like that ^
                They say that they'd rather say it out than keeping it in their head.
                But sometimes you gotta look at who you're talking to man, you can't just 'say things out' to your rents...
                That's just wrong man.
                Problem also when you belittle/underestimate the distress others are facing, you take them for granted thinking they are ok, but sometimes all the distress and emotional pain can be really bad. People and how they cope with problems are different. You don't give them chance and space to communicate it to you, they find other ways to communicate their problems.

Comment

if one can be so pigheaded, hard headed and stubborn, so can others.

Comment

Originally posted by mundo View Post
                    Some things are just better kept to yourself. You need to learn to hold your peace. If those thoughts / feelings get out then things can get even worse.

Relations between people are EXTREMELY delicate. It takes a lifetime to build and one sentence to destroy.

Once you say something and it cracks that relationship things are never the same again. Unfortunately, that is the harsh reality.
                    :up: :love:

Comment

Working...
                    X