ever feel like you're not living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ever feel like you're not living?

Take a couple of weeks holiday to unwind. Maybe plan your life out aswell in the process. Take control. Manage expectations.

Comment

Those of us who find it difficult to live their lives smoothly are to blame themselves because they chalk out ambitious plans for the future. They conceive for themselves large houses, beautiful cars, a retinue of servants, a hefty bank balance and luxuries. They imagine a Utopian life for themselves. Naturally, they cannot achieve the target they set for themselves and then they become ungrateful and complain.

The foregoing Hadith tells us clearly that we are wrong to chalk out ambitious plans for ourselves because if we have the three things then we have everything. The Prophet :saw: has said that if a man has peace in his house, a healthy body, and guarantee of the day's food for himself and his family then he has everything the world can give. If anyone tells himself that these three things by themselves are enough-then when he gets more, he will thank Allah and say "I was not entitled to that but You gave that to me through Your mercy." But, if he does not get more than those three things then he will not be ungrateful in the least, because he has made up his mind that he has had enough, and that is all he craves for. Anyway, it is our fault that we draw up extraordinary imaginative plans and then grumble in dissatisfaction when they do not materialise.

When we hear and read the saying of the Prophet :saw: that if we have nourishment for the day we have everything in the world, a question arises, in our minds, "What of the next day? and, what after that? The truth is that this Hadith emphasises that we do not know whether we will see the next day and if we do. then the Master who has given us today will bless us with his benevolence always. Allah has said very explicitly:

And there is not a creature on the earth but upon Allah rests its sustenance, and He knows its dwelling place and its repository. <11:16)

Thus, Allah has taken upon Himself the sustenance of every creature and He knows where it lives so He will cause its sustenance to be delivered to it. Therefore, we are required to work and trust in Him and He will provide us with nourishment. Let us do that and thank Allah for whatever we have with us today. Allah has promised those who thank Him that He will grant them more, {If you give thanks.certainly I will give you move} (surah. 14:7)

Islahi Khutbat-Mufti Taqi Usmani

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        The Golden Advice: Get married.

Ok, but seriously, I don't want to sound preachy, but people should spend more time remembering Allah.
        All of this work, uni, etc, will get left behind. Not saying it's wrong to do it, but :insha: those who constantly remember Allah are the ones in peace.
        :rotfl:
        The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

I know exactly how you feel... I think most students end up feeling like this at some point. I don't know about you, but with me, this usually happens when I've just not bothered planning my time efficiently, or bothered planning at all. Erm... Kind of like now with my exams approaching!

Its easy to say, I know, but if most of your day, everyday is being spent on thinking about Uni/work/things that at the end of the day, if you had the choice, would rather not do and focus instead on Islam, then you most likely have time management issues. Having said that, you seem to be doing waaay too much everyday anyway... I think you said you come back from Uni and go straight to work? I could never do that. Can't you find a weekend job instead or is this a silly question? lol.
          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by adakhil View Post
            I know the feeling, I work in the City and hate the whole atmosphere and the greed that I witness everyday. Its hard not to get sucked in to the materialism and love of this dunya if you work in this environment.

This society we live in is indeed slaves of the bourgeiosie and elitist ruling classes. They speculate and manipulate markets, inflating prices, corrupting nations and enslaving them to debt. They also brainwash the massess with their ideal of luxury and affluence. This is all falsehood. We should all return to Allah.
            I'm not a Marxist but i do agree with some of the points made by them ....it is very true especially in the capitalist society we live in.

Brainwashing of the masses is done in order to spread ruling class ideology which creates false class consciousness. This makes us believe that their norms and values are fair, just and normal. So people cant see the obvious class conflict however sooner or later there will be a revolution whereby the means of production will be controlled by everyone and classes abolioshed.

Like you said, we need to return to Allah SWT and live by Islam. These people however live by shaytan ...Like they say ' Know Allah Know peace - No Allah No peace'
            Last edited by MWarrior; 10-01-11, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Wow. Some of you have made some thought-provoking comments, like how we're 'slaves to the dunya'.

It's not necessarily what you're doing (like working/studying) but it's your view on it and your intentions. An most importantly living and focusing mainly upon the present, not tomorrow, not yesterday but today, now, this moment.

An you can incorporate Islam in all you do. Namely your thoughts, how you're viewing what you are doing. Be more conscious of your actions in the present.

Wow tho' slaves to the dunya that's what it is :jkk:
              (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Working...
              X