X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kite Fight

Does anyone take part in kite fighting?

Re: Kite Fight

Do you mean what happens in pakistan where someone intercepts your kite and claims is as their own?

Comment

Kite fighting means where you compete to cut the string of other kites with the string of your kite. (Patang Baazi)

It's fun, though a bit dangerous.
      Flying kite feels good, but just for fun. No competition.

Anyone read the book Kite Runner? There's like a whole chapter on this kite competition.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Actually it's quite annoying. My grandad used to go and get my kite back from the noob who cut it :o

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          Kite fighting means where you compete to cut the string of other kites with the string of your kite. (Patang Baazi)

It's fun, though a bit dangerous.
          Flying kite feels good, but just for fun. No competition.

Anyone read the book Kite Runner? There's like a whole chapter on this kite competition.
          I used to make my own kites and fly them in the sunshine when I was younger...good old days!

Oh I've never read the book Kite Runner but My friends and I watched the film about 2 months ago.....it was so saad

Comment

people die flying kites .... it should be banned ... i myself nearly got my neck trapped in the string while walking down the road but i have 9 lives :p

Comment

Originally posted by faithheals View Post
              I used to make my own kites and fly them in the sunshine when I was younger...good old days!

Oh I've never read the book Kite Runner but My friends and I watched the film about 2 months ago.....it was so saad
              kite runner was a fake movie made for money and portrayed no reality. It showed the taliban liked and promoted bach bazi but even the western media accepts that the taliban totally shut down bach bazi during their rule.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                Actually it's quite annoying. My grandad used to go and get my kite back from the noob who cut it :o
                Lol, that's hilarious.

Originally posted by faithheals View Post

Yup. :(
                Ending was Ok-ish.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                  kite runner was a fake movie made for money and portrayed no reality. It showed the taliban liked and promoted bach bazi but even the western media accepts that the taliban totally shut down bach bazi during their rule.
                  Oh I didn't know the movie was soo different from the film, since you/mirror have watched the film and read the book, can you tell me the main differences between the two please?? Tell me more about the book?

OP. sorry!!

Comment

Good thing I've forgotten the differences because this thread is going off topic, now.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                      Do you mean what happens in pakistan where someone intercepts your kite and claims is as their own?
                      Yup the very same, on the roof tops with that string made out glass (manga) I think it's called.

Comment

Glass?? I was wondering how someone could get strangled by a piece of string :S

Comment

Ah reminds me of the good old days
                          Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Comment

Originally posted by Jihaan View Post
                            Ah reminds me of the good old days
                            arghh can you stop thinking about bol na halke halke astaghfirullah
                            Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
                            koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post
                              arghh can you stop thinking about bol na halke halke astaghfirullah
                              if your gonna diss me atleast do it properly!
                              Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X