Brothers, a question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brothers, a question?

Post 26. If cultural roles/influence play a major part to this stereotype?

For example, sisters (such as myself) challenge the unfairness of culture and some of the sexist roles that certain cultures have given women. We challenge them (with technique of course) instead of just accepting it. Do brothers do the same?
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
      If it is a cultural thing, then do some of you brothers challenge that?
      yes
      Last edited by AvenueToPeace; 18-01-11, 08:03 PM.

Comment

^ And how is this taken from others (how do they react)?
        (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Hmmm...Haven't done anything yet, since I have no influence over anyone. =/
          But, I'm planning on being a rebel fisabilillah!
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

^ And how is this taken from others (how do they react)?
            in my family islam is more important... n others take it as an insult.. m a peaceful person n youngest in my family so i try not to say anything unless therez somethin extreme...

Comment

Originally posted by AvenueToPeace View Post
              in my family islam is more important... n others take it as an insult.. m a peaceful person n youngest in my family so i try not to say anything unless therez somethin extreme...
              n its a psychological thing people dont want to listen anything against their set rules... everyone thinks hes right.. mostly mature people (i mean older than u) = not flexible..

Comment

Post 26. If cultural roles/influence play a major part to this stereotype?

For example, sisters (such as myself) challenge the unfairness of culture and some of the sexist roles that certain cultures have given women. We challenge them (with technique of course) instead of just accepting it. Do brothers do the same?
                depends on the brother. most brothers are passive. they dont speak against democracy or talk of the virtues of shariah. not about the justice of islam or anything. they are quite simply passive.

some brothers however challenge the leaders and the system, act on the Qur'an, preach it and teach it openly and proudly with dignity, wisdom, and confidence.they are firm therein when trouble comes their way from their enimies, they hold fast to the rope of Allah, and are paitent with salah, and the froot they recive from those seeds are sweeter then dates. those are the people of al-ghurabah, and the firdaus is for them. for they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong, even if its just them against the world.

however they never feel alone, because they know allah is with those who are pious, and spread the message of islam.
                And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I don't know, my wife always says I am the best husband in da world, but only if I could do a little bit of this or change a little bit of that.:wacko:

Comment

What are these sexist roles that women are given in cultures, in your opinion? Could you please detail some for me :insha:? I am interested in your answer because there are roles that women should embrace yet they see as sexist and a "second-class" life and then there are roles that are indeed taught by culture and have nothing to do with Islam.
                    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by zdc View Post
                      I don't know, my wife always says I am the best husband in da world, but only if I could do a little bit of this or change a little bit of that.:wacko:
                      just to make u happy... so tht u feel happy wen u help her...

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                        What are these sexist roles that women are given in cultures, in your opinion? Could you please detail some for me :insha:? I am interested in your answer because there are roles that women should embrace yet they see as sexist and a "second-class" life and then there are roles that are indeed taught by culture and have nothing to do with Islam.
                        One of the obvious ones is that only females are to clean and cook (literally that it's shameful and not the place of a man to cook or wash anything and if the house is a mess then women clean and men don't). Women shouldn't challenge any authority (right or wrong it's not your place to speak out). There's plenty moree but my mind has gone blank. I'll post them up when i remember inshaAllah. Audhubillahi mina'shaytaani rajeem. This is where i would be able to fire with a million things but i've blanked.

Comment

Who came up with "Stereotypical"...

Not everyone is the same so you can't assume oh he's a guy so he's going to be lazy and not to house hold chores?

Same for women too. Well most girls do love shopping and what not, but certainly the guys in my family that i know aren't lazy or what ever.

So pshhhht

Comment

Nope!
                            " The issue in palestine will not be solved by the United States or any western country. It's not going to be solved by Dan Six Pack or Sally Soccer mom! " Anwar Al-Awlaki

Comment

Working...
                            X