Brothers, a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brothers, a question?

i dont tink men wish to be lazy or unhelpful (note i sed men not boys..dey are completely different species)....i think men be tired from der other obigations of work and maintaining things outside the home that they cant really be bothered to do the hosework..so I dont blame them....ofcourse they shud help out in holidays.
    *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
      who do u reckon he typed that for? **raises eyebrow**
      I typed it for you babes ;)

Comment

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
        I typed it for you babes ;)
        huh...should we be worried?

As a sister having to live with my brotherd they are not that bad
        i force them to clean though..
        it teaches them to be a man
        .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
          huh...should we be worried?

As a sister having to live with my brotherd they are not that bad
          i force them to clean though..
          it teaches them to be a man
          Teach them how to cook, too.
          No one taught me. :( Thanks Youtube!
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Some brothers act as if it's sinful to help out in the house!
            Astagfirullah.
            The prophet :saw: did, who are we to lay back.
            "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

:wswrwb:

Stereotypes can have some truth to them... But just basing an answer upon my brothers, they're a range - from one being very picky about being clean like me, to one being such a big slob, lol! Having said that, he's so much better since he got married.

(In my family, being a big slob might be less than what that actually means to someone else.)
              Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
              O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
              We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                :salams

We often talk about women fitting into the typical stereotype given (love for shopping, shoes, gossiping etc) but do you, brothers, find yourself falling into the stereotype given such as being lazy, unhelpful with basic househood duties, untidy etc?
                not lazy but yes m veryunhelpful

Comment

well.. i used to enjoy cleaning now i hate it.. no idea why.

i help out BUT if it was up to me.. i probably would become a slob :s
                  ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                  Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

We often talk about women fitting into the typical stereotype given (love for shopping, shoes, gossiping etc) but do you, brothers, find yourself falling into the stereotype given such as being lazy, unhelpful with basic househood duties, untidy etc?
                    Salam,

I personaly think its to do with the person...am series because sobhan Allah my brother is a clean freak am ashmed to say hes more clean than me he cannot stand there and see a mess and not clean it and sobhan allah hes a teenage boy whos most likely stereotyped as a slob but hes nothing like that on the other hand i have seen sisters who are extermly messy and get sooo annoyed when told to clean up....soo i personaly think its do with the person stereotypes r not for everyone but u can say majority

Comment

lol.

lazy perhaps.

unhelpful?

Who will cook if I don't get the groceries!

I would rather be lazy then go to the mall everyday.

Comment

A lot can be said and seen by the range of answerS.

Included in these stereotypes is the saying 'boys will be boys' which is made so that people accept them to be lazy or whatever stereotype is given. So we're taught to accept it when people say 'boys will be boys'.

Within my family it's different. An i find it hard to believe that some brothers actually do help etc. Although from a few of the replies i can see hesitation in doing so.

Do you think cultural roles/stereotypes also play a major role in this and add to making us accept that 'boys will be boys'?
                        (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

A lot can be said and seen by the range of answerS.

Included in these stereotypes is the saying 'boys will be boys' which is made so that people accept them to be lazy or whatever stereotype is given. So we're taught to accept it when people say 'boys will be boys'.

Within my family it's different. An i find it hard to believe that some brothers actually do help etc. Although from a few of the replies i can see hesitation in doing so.

Do you think cultural roles/stereotypes also play a major role in this and add to making us accept that 'boys will be boys'?
                          yes!

Comment

Although , this subject is traumatic for me (my brothers are LAZY as hell :( ) but i gotta admitt increasing numbers of men are helping at home mashAllah , alot of men don`t get it ....... if a man helps his wife at home , this is gonna make his wife appreciate him way more , because she`ll realise that he is ACTUALLY trying to help and he cares!

It is small things that deepens love and respect.
                            Jannah is my aim

Comment

If it is a cultural thing, then do some of you brothers challenge that?

I'll give an example of the opposite
                              (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

^If what is a cultural thing?
                                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                                X