Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers, a question?

:salams

We often talk about women fitting into the typical stereotype given (love for shopping, shoes, gossiping etc) but do you, brothers, find yourself falling into the stereotype given such as being lazy, unhelpful with basic househood duties, untidy etc?
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Re: Brothers, a question?

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post

We often talk about women fitting into the typical stereotype given (love for shopping, shoes, gossiping etc) but do you, brothers, find yourself falling into the stereotype given such as being lazy, unhelpful with basic househood duties, untidy etc?
    :wswrwb:

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those threads.. Lol Sistas vs Bruvaz :)
    http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Last edited by Uthman Ibn Afan; 08-01-11, 09:02 PM.
      http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
      HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
      Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

i think stereotypes are weird ...they don't make sense...that would mean that all men are the same and if that were the case...we'd be doomed with smelly socks and sports ....but alhamdulilah majority of them don't fit the slob stereotype
        “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”

Comment

:salams:

I've been called lazy and unhelpful with doing the household duties at home, BUT I also love shopping..........so Im guess I'm an oddball really haha :p
          “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

I don't think streotypes are universal. They might be true, though.
            But, definitely not all men are like that, neither are women.

Real men help around the house and are active. And real women...what do real women do, sisters?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
              :wswrwb:

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those threads.. Lol Sistas vs Bruvaz :)
              No that's not the intention behind it. This is a genuine question that i've been contemplating and thought i'd pose to see if it's true.

An Uthman bin Afan please post your view.

I'd like to see whether it's true to an extent or not.
              (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                I don't think streotypes are universal. They might be true, though.
                But, definitely not all men are like that, neither are women.

Real men help around the house and are active. And real women...what do real women do, sisters?
                No, don't go into any petty arguments or comparison of men and womens' roles.

Stereotypes, you'll find some people if they are bombarded with a label will follow and believe it. So i wondered if it may be true because on the forum esp in marriage section i notice that brothers on here expect women to do the typical household duties without aiding them. So small things like that, the pushing away of common sense things like cleaning etc onto women perhaps prove that some do fit into that stereotype of being lazy etc.

Comment

^I think they are just joking, the brothers. I really don't think a good muslim husband would mind helping his wife at home. That's what he :saw: did, too.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

yes yes and yes.

actually in reality im not that bad. i like to be tidey, and do basic household things, cause i dont like to live like a slob.
                    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Mum makes me do hoover :(
                      O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
                      while those around you were laughing in joy.
                      Work for the day, the day you die,
                      that you may be laughing in joy then,
                      while they will be weeping for you.

Comment

nope,

do the hoover in the whole house
                        mop the titles throughout the house
                        clean the kitchen,
                        wash the dishes,
                        cook dinner some days,
                        clean bathrooms,

I hate living in a mess and HATE it when people don't clean up after themselves so NO, i'm not within the typical stereotypy

Comment

I wouldn't go as far to label myself as... "lazy" or... "unhelpful"... these are such ugly words!

I do, HOWEVER, have a tendency to "minimize" the need or urgency to keep things tidy, well kept, etc.
                          "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Speaking of shoes, has everyone heard of the wonderful things known as "jika-tabi"?
                            Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
                              nope,

do the hoover in the whole house
                              mop the titles throughout the house
                              clean the kitchen,
                              wash the dishes,
                              cook dinner some days,
                              clean bathrooms,

I hate living in a mess and HATE it when people don't clean up after themselves so NO, i'm not within the typical stereotypy
                              who do u reckon he typed that for? **raises eyebrow**
                              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Working...
                              X