Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when u have no influence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when u have no influence?

:salams

You know, if one's household (an unmarried individual) doesn't reflect the shari'ah and you are in a small position (you have no major influence on the house and are in a lower position of influence), yet you so badly desire a household where there is shari'ah implemented, how can you tackle this?

I mean, the environment, the home environment will affect you and your iman but knowing that you are in a position where you cannot change things except for yourself, what/how does someone cope with this? What's their way out for the safety of their iman?

I know loads of you are in a similar situation where you feel alone and sometimes get caught up in things.
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Re: What do you do when u have no influence?

Salaam sis,

I know how you feel--
    I have been through some different ways of Islam to find some solace and sense of secuirty in my Imaan
    to find the true Islam not following it blindly

Getting books and literature can really help
    lectures asking questions
    quran recitation with translation

as there is not alot of stuff going on for sisters, learning independently is something that i find needs to be done untill Allah opens doorways to attain Islamic knowledge with a good teacher InshAllah

Have family discussions which i find important
    always talk to them, it lets your feelings out and helps you gain better insight to their side
    and show your concern why you think its important etc

Or invite an Imam round for tea with the family and have a discussion
    .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Hmmm...good thread. Looking forward to responses here.

But, I'll just say that making Dua'a is the best thing to do.
      And then, you can set an example. Like for brothers, go against the "norm" and grow a beard. Sisters, put on your hijab. Stop listening to music, watching useless things on TV asd so on.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I see but like one's environment is soo important. I have come to learn the importance of the home and that making it an islamic home requires a lot of effort.

I wanted to get at being alone and not having influence. You're not the leader an aren't near that position, but just generally coping with this.
        (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
          I see but like one's environment is soo important. I have come to learn the importance of the home and that making it an islamic home requires a lot of effort.

I wanted to get at being alone and not having influence. You're not the leader an aren't near that position, but just generally coping with this.
          Im just a small little girl but mums are very powerful
          InshAllah if mums are on the path then it becomes so much easier

so tackle the mum first
          constant dua is also good
          .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Do some sort of ta'leem everyday. Even for 5 mins. Read like fadhail kitaabs or stories of the prophets or something of the sort. 5 mins everyday can have a great effect

Comment

Good question :(

Comment

Atleast you can surround yourself with Islam . In terms of the way you dress, your room, your friends etc.

Scholars can be a powerful influence. If you find someone inspiring , where you learn a lot. It makes a world of difference. Try searching on youtube. If you understand urdu I can give you some really heavy lectures. Taught me a LOT about deen.

Do communicate with your family (if they are the type of people you can speak to), make sure they are comfortable with you and your passion for religion. Atleast then they will understand and respect your decisions / lifestyle.

Comment

hmmm ... "brainstorming" ...... *trying harder* ...... and then --> *falls into a deep sleep*

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X