Khaad or qaat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khaad or qaat

What is this substance all about and why are communities of arab and somali origin
    like to use it quite often.
    I hear they sit for long hours and chew this leaves.
    I prefer we as muslims to advise one another or refrain from chewing this stuff or
    rather it should be prohibited even in the u.k just like the rest of the world.
    The most excellent jihad is to say the word of TRUTH infront of a tyrant.

Re: Khaad or qaat

It is a drug which takes the Somali's and Yemeni's high (or so they think). Makes their eyes red. They cannot sleep. It affects their behaviour and their thinking. They abandon their families, their responsibilites for this leaf.

It should be banned most certainly. But then if they allow other intoxicants then i don't think Qaat is on their list!
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

i have seen people eating this in london, i think it a yemen product.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:19,s:0
      don't brand me as nationalist cz i love peace.

Comment

Originally posted by incharge View Post
        i have seen people eating this in london, i think it a yemen product.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:19,s:0
        its grown mainly in yemen and kenya and its quite common in sheffield also which has an old yemeni community and much more recent somali community.

the substance is a narcotic, it is haram and it is quite right and correct it should be banned and i am pretty sure if it was used more by non-somalis / yemenis it would be but it is seen as not a high priority issue.
        Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

khat or qaad , is a substance that cause excitment , loss of appetite , feelings of extreme happiness ( make people get high) !
          It has many side effects among which is (oral cancer ) in the long term , in Islam it is HARAM !!!!
          it can cause many problems like : constipation , nightmares , hallucinations , and many other side effects !

It`s a normal habit in Yemen to chew khat , and it`s famous now in Somalia too , among other countries too !
          Many muslim families were distroyed due to the father chewing the khat and neglecting his family compeletely ...... may Allah bring them back to the right path.... Ameen !
          Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
            its grown mainly in yemen and kenya and its quite common in sheffield also which has an old yemeni community and much more recent somali community.

the substance is a narcotic, it is haram and it is quite right and correct it should be banned and i am pretty sure if it was used more by non-somalis / yemenis it would be but it is seen as not a high priority issue.
            For once i have to agree with you.
            The most excellent jihad is to say the word of TRUTH infront of a tyrant.

Comment

khad or jaat is somali,kenyans and yemeni vegetable.:rotfl:
              Last edited by fatuma m; 20-01-11, 07:37 AM.

Comment

http://www.ocha-eth.org/Archive/Down.../khat_0501.pdf

....a comprehensive analysis.
                Draw closer to Allah swt, contemplate about His vast creation .

Atheism is a deathblow to one's thinking.....it's an idea that is as far-fetched as any imaginary world that a child is able to conjure up; and it is an error unsurpassed in the annals of errors. 'Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni

Comment

I lost my father to khat he's not dead but he left me my mom and my brother a couple years ago, to see what it's done to him is really sad and this should be banned, it became more important than our family to him :(
                  "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                  X