Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do in this situation regarding class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should I do in this situation regarding class?

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    that essay was about marginalization of women in afghanistan from the book.

this essay is about getting a novel and then writing a journal or somethin on it but he wont let us refute it i think
    Get another book and ask him, if you can refute the views of that book. If he agrees, then ask him about the original book. How much does this essay count towards your final grade?

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
      that essay was about marginalization of women in afghanistan from the book.

this essay is about getting a novel and then writing a journal or somethin on it but he wont let us refute it i think
      Pick a novel of a non-muslim who speaks good about Islam.I hope you could find one as such.Where you could easily refute and bring down the accusations of the novel you want to write.

If you don't find such book, then write about a book written by a muslim author on his journey portraying the beautiful and real side of Islam.Just like if you can't hit the person from the front, then if you are in desperation then hit him from behind.

If an essay is given to you, you could either agree or disagree.The point is how you explain it and support your arguments.If the questioner says that you cannot disagree then you cannot disagree.If the questioner asks your view, then you can present your own view which could be in agreement or disagreement.
      Last edited by ahmed_abdullah; 07-01-11, 10:27 PM.
      صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
      Al-Muslimeen

Comment

the thing is that she was born into a jahil family and they did some really rough things to her like they mutalated her genitals and all that so she got a warped perception of islam because of her jahil family.
        painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Salaam-

In college I have to study stuff like this against Islam and Muslims and religion in general

once my Non Muslim teacher gave us an article about in Turkey i beleive where women were forced to wear hijab and they were beaten if they wernt

she told us to examine this and highlight what feminists would argue is oppression

instead i spent the lesson highlighting all the lies, misconceptions and hype that the writer wrote, then after she told us to discuss what wer found
          i put my hand up and spoke and told the whole class and her the faults in this article, why i find it insulting how it is twisted
          and i refused to do the work as this was false

she didnt mind, she actually liked what i did and the students were shocked
          have 5 minutes, read point highlight and ask the teacher to have a platform to clear the misconceptions and InshAllah itll be all good
          .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X