Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do in this situation regarding class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do in this situation regarding class?

:salams

we have to do a journal or essay on a novel. Out of the choices one is the book 'Infidel' its by that african american lady who insults Islaam in it.

Now I want to do that book and refute it but the teacher wont allow this. And if others do it then this will spread baatil and hatred of Islaam.

What shall I do in this case?
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Re: What should I do in this situation regarding class?

Why won't she allow it?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

why wont she allow it? .. is she being biased as to not allow u to refute it? .. I'd take this to CAIR

Comment

Well, if others are going to write about the book anyway, then just pick another book. You don't really have much of a choice here.

If your teacher is asking your class to write an expository sort of journal or essay, you are NOT allowed to provide opinion or comment. A simple journal or essay would only describe the contents of the literary piece.

However, if your teacher asked your class to write a persuasive essay or something of the sort, then you are free to do as you please. Otherwise, I'd just pick a different book.

Comment

Just pick a book which clears a lot of those misconceptions and talks about Islam.

Comment

@RationalMan - but this is about Insulting Islaam!!

And btw why would I have a chance to say my opinion if it was a persuasive essay.

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
            فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
              @RationalMan - but this is about Insulting Islaam!!

And btw why would I have a chance to say my opinion if it was a persuasive essay.
              Of course; you could persuade the reader that the novel you chose does not accurately portray Islam.

Comment

take the book, bring in a small bottle of lighter fluid, put book in bin with lots of other torn up paper so as to get it going, pour in lighter fluid and then throw in match giving many takbir's in front of teacher and class

when you get arrested say it was your book review as a piece of performance art and that no one said you had to confine yourself to purely written criticism so you decided to go cross departmental.
                Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

Comment

That's silly why would she not allow you to do so? Ask her? Tell her, from your point of view and how you're the best person to refute it without bringing any false views in it, like you are in the best position as it directly affects you.

Don't let this go (challenge the teacher) and ask her for her reasons. They always tell you to be critical and to challenger views blah blah so do that!
                    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

assalamu alaykum,

why will the teacher not allow you to refute the book? the great thing about literature is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

when i studied rushdie, there were a class full of kuffar praising him and praising the novel, i then aired my voice and shut the whole class up. my tutor was impressed and wrote down all my views and i gave her some da'wah, alhumdu'lillah. The class then asked me to repeat some of my views and they jotted it down, lol and nobody dared to say anything in favour of him after that.

and yes i did have to write an essay and no this wasnt for something minor like school, it was my final essay of my third year at uni and guess what? i tore down rushdie and i got a good mark.
                      http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

It's a He not she...

he wont let us refute cuz hes a @#&*&*$# to be honest. hes a smart sly stupid person if you want the truth.

and we do not present the essays we write to the class so thats impossible to refute there.

my friend wrote in his previous essay regarding 'a thousand splenddid suns' kitaab that islam is this this and NOT oppresssion etc... then the teacher goes like u cant right that because that is not the topic of the essay and its a whole different thing. [the topic of the essay was marginalization of women in that book]

Comment

What is the essay meant to be about?

Comment

that essay was about marginalization of women in afghanistan from the book.

this essay is about getting a novel and then writing a journal or somethin on it but he wont let us refute it i think

Comment

You mean 'Infidel' by Ayaan Hirsi, the lying Somali dimwit?

What English Lit. has been reduced to where ever you are?
                              "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X