Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you watch tv/films, even though you pray

Dayum...
    how does pic with dig cam make a difference though?
    It's still 'taking a pic'.
    "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Taking a picture would be allowed, then.
      Making a picture isn't.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
        Anyway back on topic,
        you aren't allowed to take pictures of living things init, so isn't that wat the telly does?
        It's like a recorded movie init, so ain't that wrong?
        Ikhtilaaf on that...
        "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

But when you take a picture, your camera is making the picture (capturing it...)

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
          Ikhtilaaf on that...
          Who & what they saying.
          "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

It's a reflection of the real being that's captured.
            Some say that's not allowed, though.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

btw can anyone point me to where any of the (classical) scholars have allowed picture taking with a camera..(not including official government documents) ? Everything I've read always says its haram and it seems pretty clear.. I never quite see much evidence for the other side.
              May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
              I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
              My Blog

Comment

http://www.daruliftaa.com/question.a...nID=q-16155977
                Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Re: Do you?

Forget this ghayr mahrem issue... But what about the music which is part and parcel of the tv?

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
                    Forget this ghayr mahrem issue... But what about the music which is part and parcel of the tv?
                    I've heard Yusuf Estes say that some "music" like nature or something that they incorporate in the opening sequence of a program is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_U78CSxAA

Comment

4) Video Recording

According to Shaykh Taqi Usmani, that which is recorded in a videotape or DVD is also not considered a picture. In a videotape, the particles of an image are gathered and then re-opened in the same order to view the image. This is the reason why it is not possible to see the picture in the rail of the tape without playing it. (ibid)

Therefore, if a permitted and Halal event, such as a lecture of a scholar, is played and viewed on a videotape or DVD, it will be permitted, Insha Allah.

Note that the above discussion does not in any way relate to watching Television. Watching TV and keeping it at home is another matter altogether, for which a separate answer is needed. The many harms and evils of keeping a TV at home are known to all. This answer only relates to the permissibility of viewing a Halal image through a live broadcast or a videotape/DVD.

Shaykh Taqi Usmani (may Allah preserve him) sums this up in one of his Fatawa:

"The images appearing on live programs or recorded programs on television are not the pictures in the strict sense envisaged in the Ahadith of the Holy Prophet (Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam) unless they are printed in a durable form on paper or on any other object. But the basic reason why Muslims are advised not to keep TV sets in their homes is that most of the programs broadcast on the TV channels contain impermissible elements." (
                      wow, i did NOT know thaaat!

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                        I've heard Yusuf Estes say that some "music" like nature or something that they incorporate in the opening sequence of a program is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr_U78CSxAA
                        Ok, i don't know about that view, but Yusuf Estes is not someone i would take my fiqh from. Anyway, you and i both know that the vast vast vast majority of western entertainment television does not have sounds of just nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
                          wow, i did NOT know thaaat!
                          That's why I only keep digital photos
                          There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

So Women can watch TV, as long as there is no desire, while men can't?

Comment

Originally posted by zaidfp View Post
                              So Women can watch TV, as long as there is no desire, while men can't?
                              Yeah someone let the kuffaar media know that men have no rights in Islam
                              There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Working...
                              X