Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy abayas in Birmingham?

Aslamualaikum

my sister wishes to buy an abaya of the type in the attached image (think it's called overhead abaya), but dont know of any stores who sell them in birmingham. can anyone help out recommending any stores?

Click image for larger version

Name:	overhead_abaya_ha31.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	10781583
    There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Re: Where to buy abayas in Birmingham?

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
    Aslamualaikum

my sister wishes to buy an abaya of the type in the attached image (think it's called overhead abaya), but dont know of any stores who sell them in birmingham. can anyone help out recommending any stores?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45091[/ATTACH]
    Walaykumslaam,

You can try Amsons, it's a big shop that does alot of abayas and all sorts of other things like scarves/clothes/dvds/books ect.
    I love that shop :)
    It's on Coventry road.

Comment

:wswrwb:

It took me months to figure out where to get one from, it was like some sort of secret club!

Anyway, I purchased one from the Salama Business Centre on Coventry Rd, but I think I was overcharged and I gave it away eventually because it was actually the one incorporating the niqab, so it was too long to wear as one without niqab.

There is House of Fragrance at the bottom of Coventry Rd but he doesn't open very early in the mornings, and I've had a few wasted journeys.

There is also a shop down Whitmore Rd, which is off Coventry Rd - I've been told only women are allowed in.

Then if you carry onto Parliament Street I think it's called, there is a few shops inside by the entrance to Masjid Ar-Rahma.

I've tried one the overhead abayas in Amsons, and the cut of it was all wrong.

She could probably just ask one of the sisters at the masjid aswell.

Comment

She couldn't find it at amsons. But will check out the other stores this week InshaAllah. They are very rare aren't they?
        There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
          She couldn't find it at amsons. But will check out the other stores this week InshaAllah. They are very rare aren't they?
          It seems so, but then I walked into the masjid the other day and I was one of the few not wearing one.

I think it's more a case of people not being very helpful.

I found it difficult to find one that was suited to me, but I have any success with any of the shops I'll let you know inshaAllah.

Comment

salafi bookstore on cov rd used to sell them, dunno if they still do.

amsons only sell jubbahs that hang from the shoulders as far as I've seen.

the dawat e islami bookstore on alum rock road sells black overhead afghan burqas.
            Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

COVENTRY ROAD :)

amsons, somali business centre on whitmore road (by momos)

theres lots of places on cov road :up:
              ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

1pound store bin bag

dawet-e islam-e cov road

somali shop in masjid ar-rahma

salafi book store.
                ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

ive recently discovered this company...they design some funky eveningwear ect but also make some awesome quality simple abayas...the girl that has the business is Aaliyah...they just launched on Facebook and post out to u http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...39540996096385 x

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                    salafi bookstore on cov rd used to sell them, dunno if they still do.

amsons only sell jubbahs that hang from the shoulders as far as I've seen.

the dawat e islami bookstore on alum rock road sells black overhead afghan burqas.
                    Tried Salafi bookstore in the summer, and not seen any since then either.

Whereabouts is the other bookstore on Alum Rock Rd?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekingIhsan View Post
                      Whereabouts is the other bookstore on Alum Rock Rd?
                      if you going down alum rock road away from town then it's by the pelham roundabout on your left. they used to be on display but not in window display any more, you have to go in and say that someone told me you have black afghani burqas here, they might need to get it outta the store for you. should be a tenner or 15 quid, cant remember which.

its like this but in black. ie front is half but the lady can hold the sides over infront and tbh it's convenient if she's carrying a small child.
                      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Try an online shop.

:salams:
                        Sal Allahu alayhi wasallam
                        "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

aslamualaikum

we went on a search for the overhead abaya at the shops mentioned above

amsons didnt have any. found 3 shops on alum rock road who didnt have them. forgot to check out salafi book store. darusalam dont have them. the shop in salama business centre didnt have her size. found 1 at the house of fragrance for £27. they dont take cards so i couldnt buy it then. will go tomorrow inshaAllah. is £27 a good price? the shop at the masjid on parliament street didnt have right type. also 1 shop on whitmore didnt have it.

Comment

did u check the DE shop ? i'm pretty sure they have some cuz i asked a bro who teaches at there institute and he said they do stock em
                            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Well, my friend bought hers from the Salama Business Centre on Coventry Road, and she says the prices range from £15-25.
                              Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                              O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                              We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Working...
                              X