Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim youth gambling?

Salaam-

In my area, there are some young muslim lads who gamble at the gambling shop (W+H)
    Openly and there was this old man with a beard who went in and was laughing with them - he looked religous!
    they came out and had a few puffs,

(i was waiting for my food)

I was just so angry and upset that our muslim youth are doing stuff like this-
    i didnt know what to do, whether to go up to them and tell them its haram
    but if i did they'd probably think im flirting with them, im not joking they think anything is an open suggestion to go out

What should I do, i cant stand this I have little brothers too and i want to keep them safe as well
    and no one else seems to be taking this seriously
    .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Re: Muslim youth gambling?

:wswrwb:

Don't go up to them, sis. Bad idea!
    What you can do is go to a local mosque and let the imaam know. :insha: He'll gather few brothers and they'll go talk to them/give dawaah.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Yep, it's a problem just like all the other problems we have in our society, ie drinking, music, fornicating, interest etc

There are many other forms of gambling like the Lottery (again very common), spreadbetting, matched betting, poker, them fruit machines and the like etc ....all a rip off and a complete waste of money. The chances of you winning anything is very very slim but these fools can't see it. there's a very good reason why it's not allowed in Islam - just go ask a gambling addict or their family what it's done to their life.

may Allah guide us all.

Comment

Same problem in my area!! Gambling, unfortunately, has become something common. Actually when I went jamaat to bradford.. I was in jamaat, and a brother, a muslim brother, a 17 year old, straight after jumuah salaah, asked me if i wanted to bet on any world cup games. Along with that, he went blackpool with his girlfriend, who is supposedly meant to be in Alimah Class.

Alhamdulillah, our ameersaab made so much effort on him, even when we left the masjid and went to other masjids, he kept phoning him, etc, and eventually the brother went out for 40 days, and inshaAllah has stopped his habits.

But thats the muslim youth today. Alhamdulillah, Allah has saved me from such temptations, and I worry because i got a few months of uni left, and these may be the hardest, but we need to make effort on ourselves, and other young people, because if our generation is like this, imagine what our kids generation will be like

Comment

I know some lads here, they gamble win some money, but then they don't keep it cause they say its haraam money so they use it to gamble more or end up giving it to charity

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
          www.QuranicAudio.com
          www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
            I know some lads here, they gamble win some money, but then they don't keep it cause they say its haraam money so they use it to gamble more or end up giving it to charity
            Thats like beating people up to get to hajre aswad.. Not allowed mate

Comment

Speaking of gambling. I was sitting with my brother and his wife talking about the lottery. They mentioned to me what would I do if I hit the lottery, I told I wouldn't dare to collect one penny of that money. They looked at me puzzled and asked why, I told them I don't want to face Allah when he ask me "how did I make my money" Umm, Gambling? I don't want that on my list of bad deeds. They wanted to laugh but they knew I was right, then they went on to say they would do this and that. I reminded them that it is haram money.

Well my question is; Say they do win the lottery but do good with that money, charity, building mosques, helping the people know need help. (those in financial trouble) My brother mentioned to me "what if I buy a business which is in business for halal services" I couldn't give him an honest answer because I don't know the answer.

Comment

It's very very very common, and when i say very it's an understatement
                My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

atleast u are older OP. im a youth and i get mocked all the time. how does that feel
                  Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                  فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

yes a few of the youth gamble... but can we blame them when so many of their parents play the lottery and many even own shops with lottery machines?
                    Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

Theres is another form of gambling where i come from...done over the television channels, where easy questions are asked and one is required to send the answer via SMS or calling (where your call is passed through several automated operators and charged heavily) or one is required to send Name many times to stand a chance to win. They are doing all they can to tempt people to gamble by bringing gambling into HOMES! Subhannallah!

Comment

Originally posted by hass9 View Post
                        Theres is another form of gambling where i come from...done over the television channels, where easy questions are asked and one is required to send the answer via SMS or calling (where your call is passed through several automated operators and charged heavily) or one is required to send Name many times to stand a chance to win. They are doing all they can to tempt people to gamble by bringing gambling into HOMES! Subhannallah!
                        tv is an open sewer into your front room, let the tv in your house and dont be suprised if your family becomes corrupted and filthy in in the hearts, speech and deeds.
                        Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

IbnulQayyim i know how you feel.

When i was in sixth form, there were a couple of Muslim Somali/Asian/Arab boys who would BET on schooll things and gamble even with the non-muslim boys.

I mean they wouldn't even stop when the teacher told them, an they'd play cards an that woth money throughout their form/lunch/spare tiMe. Unbelievable! I was soo shocked and unfortunently i couldn't go up to them and tell them anything. I mean they were always soo into it subhanAllah.

An ya know what i found (sorry if im going off topic), but the muslim males don't really have role models today. I mean it's prob coz us females are eyed more by parents (which has it's own topic) and the boys are not looked after or spoken to a much as females, which is why you see them hanging outside.

If it were suitable i'd tell em' but for my own reasons i don't and won't.

I think that the brothers need to go out there and guide these young boys!
                          (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

The No.1 best-selling book on Amazon on how to win in Gambling/Lotto is written by a Muslim .

Go figure !

Comment

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
                              yes a few of the youth gamble... but can we blame them when so many of their parents play the lottery and many even own shops with lottery machines?
                              the statistics are quite higher than people think.

Comment

Working...
                              X