Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think this statement is true about women of present age ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you think this statement is true about women of present age ?

You are right in that us women should not only have knowledge of the noble characteristics of spiritually high individuals such as Maryam and Fatima (r.a) but also do our best to put into practice their example, this can be difficult at times. We know that the women today will never be as pious and noble as our great role models but that shouldn't stop us from trying our best to be like them. I feel angry sometimes when women today say "oh they are the pious noble chosen ones who had no worldy desires but we are NORMAL women with has normal desires" to justify their materialistic desires of this world, yeah I agree we are not in the same league as them but we should do our best to copy their actions as this will get us closer to Allah The Most Merciful.

Here are inspiring examples of the most beautiful female soul, Fatima (r.a) which brought tears to my eyes and made me a better person:

"On her wedding day to Imam Ali (AS) her father bought her a new dress to wear for her wedding. When it was time to perform the wedding ceremony, the Prophet (SAW) asked to go and get changed. He asked her to wear her wedding dress. She replied "I'm wearing it". The Prophet looked at her and said "but this is not the dress I bought you. This is an old dress and you have been wearing for a long time. Where is the dress I have bought you?" She replied "hasn't the Prophet taught me that when I give charity I should give things that are dearest to me and not things I no longer need or want"? The Prophet said "yes, that's true". She said "I gave it away this afternoon to a poor lady who came begging for clothes to wear". The Prophet was deeply touched and said to her "go back to your room and you will find another dress for you to wear. This dress is sent to you from Allah (SWT)". She went to her room and found a dress sparkling with precious stones and diamonds.

On another occasion, the Prophet and some of his companions were in the Mosque when a man entered asking for charity. He had no money to buy food for his children. It just happened that at the time no one seemed to be carrying any money with them (or if any one did, they did not want to part with it). The Prophet told the man to go to Fatima's house, and to ask her for something. The man went and knocked at the door. Lady Fatima answered and the man requested some charity. All Lady Fatima had left was a neck less made of pearls. She gave it to the man. The man returned to the Mosque and told the Prophet what had happened and asked if anyone would buy the neck less from him as he needs to buy food for his family. Ammar ibin Yassir (one of the true companions of the Prophet) had in the meantime arrived at the Mosque and heard the story. He purchased the neck less from the man, gave it to his slave instructing him to take it back to Lady Fatima and that he also, the slave was a present from AmLady Fatima. TLady Fatima's hoandid as instructed. Lady Fatima told him, "I release you, you are free". The slave looked up to the sky and praising the Lord said "You truly are Merciful! You have satisfied a hungry man, you have freed a slave and you have returned the neck less to its owner, all this in the span of only a few minutes". She was "Sayeedat Nisa-al Alameen" (the mistress of the women of the world)."

And this shows quote below shows she was very intelligent and the most modest:

" Her "Iman" (faith) had no limit. Once a blind man came to see the Prophet (SAW). Lady Fatima (AS) veiled herself before opening the door and letting him in. When the blind man left, the Prophet asked her why she covered herself knowing that the man was blind. Lady Fatima replied: "it is true he cannot see me with his eyes, but he can still see me (ie; perceive me) with his other senses". It has been scientifically proven that if we lose the function of one of our five senses the other four tend to be heightened (meaning they become sharper). So what Lady Fatima said, in other words, is that even though he is blind, he can still feel and sense my appearance through his other senses, therefore I have to cover myself."

And my father also told me that Fatima (r.a) was so modest that when she went outside her house she would walk like an old lady so that no men would recognise her and they would think it was an old lady walking by, of course women today will never be on the same level of modesty but her actions are so inspiring.

Asalaamualikum! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Debater View Post
      We shouldn't blame women much. Men are worse they use women as sex objects regardless of the culture or religion. Women are harassed, abused and fooled all over the world by men. Those men who blame women for their own shortcomings or decline are losers. If man has some shame, he will not let his woman do bad stuff.
      Yesterday I saw a girl who was hardly 16 or 17 roaming in the street and hungry men had their evil eyes chasing on her. First I couldn't understand what it was about, and then I saw her the second time passing by, I called her, asked why she was moving about, she said she was looking for her mum, I said go home or Allah forbid anything bad might happen to you and then I had to leave that place. Later I felt sorry for her. Perhaps men in her family were losers, they wouldn't work, so a girl as small as her had to sell her body to the cunning men, who either cheat on their wives or so. I blame men for all this decline of the Islamic society.
      Your point is understandable and there are undubtedly times where things may happen out of our control, women shouldnt let themselves be taken advantage of. Prevention is better than a cure. So a women/girl should prevent what she can by altering her dress and her manners or how she responds to men and Then she has exercised prevention and protection on her part as much as possible. An she shouldnt allow herself to be fooled by any man, and again this is down to her initial reaction and response to such men.

Protect yourselfl, tie your camel first and then place your trust in Allah. Don't go out there as prey to some filthy individuals.
      (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by faithheals View Post
        blah blah blah
        Anything left of your shia preaching?

Comment

Yes, the statement is very true. That is the way our world is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Debater View Post
            Anything left of your shia preaching?
            Assalaamualikum,
            Dear Debater, I just want to know why you have replied to my post with such rudeness? I thought I was doing a good deed by talking about the good character of Fatima (r.a) but your "blah blah blah" reply makes me look like I wrote useless sinful words. Have I offended Allah The Most Forgiving in some way with that post to provoke your response? I'm actually 100% Sunni, why did you assume that I was Shia?

I am sorry if I wrote was wrong or sinful in some way, may Allah forgive me! Please answer my questions with politeness and truth, thank you. Here are some Hadiths and a Quran verse I have been researching- please read them properly and reflect:

"A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden." Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 9

Ibn Umar (ra) reported Allah's Messenger (Peace and Blessings of allah be upon him) as saying, "A Muslim is a Muslim's brother; he does not wrong him. If anyone cares for his brother's need, Allah will take care of his need; if anyone relieves his brother's anxiety, Allah will remove from him one of his anxieties on the Day of Resurrection; and if anyone conceals a Muslim's secrets, Allah will conceal his secrets on the Day of Resurrection."

'You will not enter Paradise unless you have faith, and you cannot be one of the faithful unless you love each other. Should I not tell you things which, if followed, will create love among you? One is to observe the practice of greeting each other.'

The Prophet, sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam said about Fatima RA, "She is a part of me. Whoever hates her hates me." (al-Bukhari)

“Not a word he (man) utters, but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).” [50:18]

Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, said, what translated means, “A sign of one’s excellence in his Islam, is ignoring what does not concern him.” Related by Ahmad, Malik & At-Tirmithi
            Ibn Rajab said, “This Hadith is a basic and an important source of good behavior in Islam.” Mohammad ibn Zayd, a great scholar of the Maliki Mathhab, said, “Four Hadiths comprise a perfect code of conduct. One of them is, ‘Whoever believes in Allah and His Messenger should say that which is useful or keep silent.’ Another Hadith is when the Prophet said to the man who sought his advice, ‘Avoid getting angry.’ A third is the Hadith, ‘The believer loves for his (believing) brother what he loves for himself.’ The fourth is the above Hadith.”

[B] 'Shall I not inform you of a better act than fasting, alms, and prayers? Making peace between one another: enmity and malice tear up heavenly rewards by the roots.' Sahih Muslim 340

'It was said to the Prophet [Muhammad], 'O Messenger of God! Curse the infidels.' Muhammad said, 'I am not sent for this, nor was I sent but as a mercy to mankind.' Sahih Muslim 325

'[Determine] that if people do you good, you will do good to them; and if they oppress you, you will not oppress them.' Sahih Muslim 195

'Do you love your Creator? Love your fellow-beings first.' Sahih Muslim 145

'Verily, God is mild and is fond of mildness, and he gives to the mild what he does not to the harsh.' Sahih Muslim 196

'They will enter the Garden of Bliss who have a true, pure, and merciful heart.' Sahih Muslim 370

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “If anyone guards a believer from a hypocrite, Allah will send an angel who will guard his flesh on the Day of Resurrection from the fire of Jahannam; but if anyone attacks a Muslim saying something by which he wishes to disgrace him, he will be restrained by Allah on the bridge over Jahannam till he is acquitted of what he said.”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "If anyone loves for Allah's sake, hates for Allah's sake, gives for Allah's sake and withholds for Allah's sake, he will have perfect faith."

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "The best of the actions is to love for the sake of Allah and to hate for the sake of Allah."

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "He who is deprived of gentleness is deprived of good."

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "There is nothing heavier than good character put in the scale of a believer on the Day of Resurrection."

Comment

change happens with time. and it affects both men and women. and even animals.
              “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

i tell my wife she is beautiful everyday
                and she wears no make up whatsoever,not even for weddings

sometimes its about self esteem and how you help or hinder this

in other words men and their own weaknesses are responsible

Comment

Working...
                X