Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staying at sisters house without husband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .mirror.
    replied
    Re: Staying at sisters house without husband?

Originally posted by Sheroo View Post
    Jazak'Allah to all those that made the constructive comments, btw I am not the sister in question, indeed I'm not even a sister :) Just asking on someones behalf. BIL is hardly there, travelling sis is always in hijab except her own room and never alone with BIL.
    Sounds good!

Leave a comment:

• Aisha91
    replied

No harm in asking.
    We all benefit from other's questions.
    Haters can just get outta here :)

Leave a comment:

• Sheroo
    replied

Jazak'Allah to all those that made the constructive comments, btw I am not the sister in question, indeed I'm not even a sister :) Just asking on someones behalf. BIL is hardly there, travelling sis is always in hijab except her own room and never alone with BIL.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Shouldn't be that hard if the brother-in-law is practising. He should understand and accomodate her and steer clear.

Leave a comment:

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied

Originally posted by Ali21 View Post
    Talk about rules on staying over at sister house for ONE or TWO nights! Seriously? this thread makes me laugh!
    akhee, if you do not have any (good) advice for the sister then remain silent. It is a valid question.

unfortunately, some people take the issue of free mixing lightly,completely violating the laws of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala.. but on yawm ul qiyamah they will regret this.

to the O.P hm it's a tricky one, mirror made three good points, also, i would add on to that don't stay in the same room as your brother in law, whether your sister is present or not because sometimes it can lead to idle talk. If you are only going to be there for a couple of nights, i would recommend you to spend some quality time with your sister..upstairs or somewhere where the bil is not present lol

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

and the evidence??
    The messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Whenever a non-mahram man and woman meet in seclusion, Shaytan definitely is the third one joining them.” [Tirmidhi]

Another hadith states: "It is better for you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle than to touch the hand of a woman who is to permissible to you."

Allah Almighty says: “And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands’ fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters’ sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigor, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed.” (An-Nur :31)

Another hadith states (which I can't find at the moment): Prophet Muhammad :saw: said that the whole body of a woman is an awrah.

Some scholars say face, feet, hands can be exposed, while others only allow hands and feet.
    Last edited by .mirror.; 03-01-11, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ali21
    replied

Originally posted by x--x View Post
    It's funny how these rules go out the window when it comes to moving in with your husband where his brothers are living.
    Well said... Thats What I was trying to say all this time :D

Leave a comment:

• Islam.07
    replied

and the evidence??
    Just because it's her BIL doesn't mean she should treat him any different. He is not a mahram therefore everything that .mirror. said is valid.
    Last edited by Islam.07; 03-01-11, 12:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

It's funny how these rules go out the window when it comes to moving in with your husband where his brothers are living.

Leave a comment:

• Ali21
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    They are not my rules or your rules or Nabi's :saw: rules. They're from Allah.
    and the evidence??

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Talk about rules on staying over at sister house for ONE or TWO nights! Seriously? this thread makes me laugh!
    They are not my rules or your rules or Nabi's :saw: rules. They're from Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Ali21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

It's not haram in itself. She can stay as long as she:

1) Isn't alone with the sister's husband. Basically, your sister should be there with you when her husband is present
    2) Is observing hijab when husband is present
    3) Doesn't make any physical contact with sister's husband

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

She's your sister, why wouldn't you be allowed?

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

:wswrwb:

Definitely not without her husband's permission and your husband's. And, it'd be hard because the sister's husband will be there. She'd have to be covered most of the time. You can send the sister's husband to your house. :up: Have a girl's night and boy's night!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X