Question for converts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for converts

i never understood why born muslims ask me what i used to do before i was a muslim.

not that i was the worst, but im definetly not proud of that.

or when they say "well atleast you had fun before"

what fun? what fun about having anxiety disorders because of this dunya?

not to mention that we arent suoopsed to reveal past sins.

and its ironic because born muslims will sit arroudn you in a circle and ask for your story be all like "mashAllah" and "alhamdulilah" but then ask for their daughter in marrage and their tune changes real quick to "your not a virgin" or whatever other sin that they assume that you may have commited.

/rant
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
      i never understood why born muslims ask me what i used to do before i was a muslim.

and its ironic because born muslims will sit arroudn you in a circle and ask for your story be all like "mashAllah" and "alhamdulilah" but then ask for their daughter in marrage and their tune changes real quick to "your not a virgin" or whatever other sin that they assume that you may have commited.

/rant
      so true (of many)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alhamduilillah not all born Muslims are like that. My co-wife's family are not like that alhamdulillah! (my husband is a revert and her family love him and me mashaAllah, and all our kids)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
        yeah i was going to say all this!! in fact most of the stuff the OP mentions is just a recent thing that's been around this generation only, like clubbing, skimpy clothes etc. my parents and especialy my grandparents never did those things!!! there's currently a binge drinking culture among young people but it's not British culture at all, not what my grandparents would recognise as such, they'd be dead against it, and lots of young people are also against the binge drinking culture. if you think that all non Muslims are like that then you must have a very narrow view of non Muslims...... maybe you're only looking at university students or something....... how about take a wider view... look at how elderly non Muslims are, how non Muslim mums with kids are and stuff, and you'll see just how narrow a view it is that you have. As for "is decency just an act they put on" - what do you think you are talking about? spies? why would they "put an act on"? they are human beings, just trying to go about their lives in the best way they know how, same as everyone else on this planet. honestly the way you talk of them it's like you're talking about mossad or something. Read what uncle umar says above.....

As for what reverts were like before they became Muslim, why do you need to know this? Do you think that only those who are already behaving as Muslims are going to become Muslim? Only Allah knows who will or won't be guided to Islam. Also, it's not polite to ask reverts about their past sins, so no-one's going to say "yes I used to go clubbing/drink alcohol/dress like a prostitute" kind of thing, cause that's revealing past sins, and in saying "I didn't do those things" that's like boasting about having more deen ul fitr than average, which isn't nice either, becuase it's not nice for the reverts who didn't have that deen ul fitr.

Just so you know, though, there are reverts who have done the most dreadful things before becoming Muslim, worse than all the things you've listed. So you shouldn't consider anyone a hopeless case, dawa wise. You should invite everyone to Islam, not just the ones who "seem decent" to you. Only Allah knows who will be guided.

Even muslims do dreadful things. Every1 does it myself included. No1 is free of it. I would not hold a reverts past against him or anyones for that matter. When some1 accepts Islam all of their past sins are forgiven. The slate is wiped clean. Same thing happens when a muslim repents.

I did not mean to ask anyone for their past sins. I only wanted to know what their perception was of those sins. Didnt intend it to be intrusive only wanted an insight into how a non-muslims see things differently to a muslim.

With regards to dawa i completely agree with what you are saying. Allah knows what people are deep down. We dont know nor can we tell.
        Last edited by mundo; 05-01-11, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post

/rant
          Hey uncle, are you not a virgin? Shame lol

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
            so true (of many)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alhamduilillah not all born Muslims are like that. My co-wife's family are not like that alhamdulillah! (my husband is a revert and her family love him and me mashaAllah, and all our kids)
            What's a co-wife? I don't have a wife, otherwise I might know, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Debater View Post
              What's a co-wife? I don't have a wife, otherwise I might know, I guess.
              means her hubby is married to her and another sister. if was more than one she right co-wife1 or CW2 or something like they put DD2 meaning dear daughter 2 when writing about family on forums and texts etc. sisters got this whole code thing. takes a while to translate some of it but i thought co-wife was pretty well known.
              Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
                means her hubby is married to her and another sister. if was more than one she right co-wife1 or CW2 or something like they put DD2 meaning dear daughter 2 when writing about family on forums and texts etc. sisters got this whole code thing. takes a while to translate some of it but i thought co-wife was pretty well known.
                Yeah I guessed that but wasn't sure, thanks dawud.

Edited on request of freeadvice.com.
                Last edited by Debater; 05-01-11, 10:12 PM.

Comment

^Dude, free advice: you should remove that last sentence...

Edit: And post nineteen.
                  Last edited by .mirror.; 05-01-11, 10:25 PM.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

edit. deleted
                    Last edited by dawud_uk; 05-01-11, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I wish life was editable like these posts.
                      Last edited by Debater; 05-01-11, 10:23 PM.

Comment

see now you will need to edit your response to my response also. see how complicated it can get writing without thinking first?

Comment

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
                          see now you will need to edit your response to my response also. see how complicated it can get writing without thinking first?
                          Yes.

Comment

Working...
                          X