how to beat homesickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to beat homesickness

any people here living away from home for studies?

are you coping well? If yes, please what's your secret?

i'm a total wreck, and my parents would never forgive me if i left the course. so i'm gonna have to stick it out. but i'm so home sick. not many muslims to befriend either. it's horrible.

Re: how to beat homesickness

How long has it been since you started the course? It doesn't sound like it's been long?

Comment

Aye.

Speak to them (your parents/siblings) as often as possible. I speak to my parents daily, as well as one of my sisters...the others I get to speak to when they can be bothered to speak to me or get to the phone. Call your paternal and/or maternal aunts/uncles you were close to/genuinely care for your well being every once in a while to say hello and check up on them.

I don't know how far away home is for you, but if you can go home on the holidays do it. Book your tickets early though...last minute planning tends to be costly.

Do you have an ISOC at your uni?
      "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

And how can I forget...SKYPE! I had to get my family/sister to install SKYPE so it made our lives so much easier...and I can speak to them for hours whilst still doing my work/having dinner etc...
        "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
        X