Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Father-in-law passed away yesterday, Questions

Asalaamu alaykum -

I am a revert and my father-in-law passed away yesterday. He was very sick for a long time but it still feels sudden.

I have some questions about Islamic funerals.

Today we are going to the viewing at the funeral home. My non-muslim parents want to support my husband at this time. Should they/are they allowed to come to the funeral home? As that is what we used to do as Catholics and I didn't know if the traditions, etc. were different.

Also - I have a 2 year old and family has offered to watch him during this time so that we are not worrying over him during the viewing and funeral. Is there anything wrong with not bringing him? Or is it better to bring him to both?

Any comments, thoughts, and personal experiences will be greatly appreciated. I have to leave in just a few hours so again, thank you so much.

Also, if anyone knows of a thread that already discusses this, please let me know. If there is further resources online that I could utilize, please direct me there.

This ummah forum has helped me out in my path for many years. Having online support from other muslims was imperative to me staying on the straight path. I am grateful to Allah for this forum. May Allah bless those who are the administrators and creators of websites like this, as it is a true gift to muslims new to the faith.

May Allah guide us all. Salaamu alaykum, sisters and brothers.

Re: Muslim Father-in-law passed away yesterday, Questions

:wswrwb:

انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

I'm sorry for your loss. May Allah have mercy on him and grant him Jannat al-Firdous.

1) Q: Can a non Muslim attend a Muslim's funeral.
    A: There is no problem in Shariah for non Muslims attending the funeral of their Muslim associates.

Source

2) I think you can do whichever is more convenient for you.

Come on, guys. Make Dua'a for her father in law.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
    X