A sad ending to a beautiful beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad ending to a beautiful beginning

Last night, as I walked in a shopping center, I saw a cute little girl walking innocently in between her parents as if they have protected her from all the worries of life. I wondered what 'tests' in life lie ahead of her. Even my aunt who died a week ago would have gone through this joyful stage of life when her parents were deceived by the thought that she would always grow up under their shadow and they would be able to support her through every difficulty in life. They must have enjoyed & shared many moments of joy together, ignoring the fact that life doesn't always remain the same forever. They didn't know that their daughter would grow up to become a mother whose young son, just after becoming a doctor would one night become a victim of misunderstanding and be shot dead in Ayyub Medical College on 6th July 2003. Then there would be a sight when the same daughter whose physical health they used to take so much care of, would be hitting her face and head so hard with her own hands that she would repeatedly become unconscious and fall on the dead body of her son, time and again. Then she would spend 7 years of her life recalling her son day and night letting her health deteriorate, till finally nature puts an end to her journey of this life.

What next ? Would she be living happily forever with her child ? No one knows except for the Examiner. We, as Muslims, know from our Prophet (saw) that the next stage would be that of questioning about this life, so intense that mothers would disregard their own children only to worry about their own destiny.

In spite of the examples that nature keeps on showing us in daily life, people like me fail to realize that this life is an exam hall where nature has marked a time for everyone to tear him/her apart with TESTS (which Allah promises that HE doesn't put anyone in a pain beyond ones endurance). How to develop that endurance ? The question is: Are we helping ourselves and our younger ones to develop our inner self, through the weapon of the Prophet's sunnahs that enables us to protect ourselves from the detrimental effects of any tragedy in life ?! Or our time together is only limited to parks, ice creams and picnics. The ending is within our control, it is up to us to make it sad or to be glad to meet our beloved ALLAH (swt) by passing every test that HE puts us in, through the related 'course work' that only includes the Prophet's lifestyle.
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 02-01-11, 06:07 AM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: A sad ending to a beautiful beginning

very ture thank you, but allow me to make a tiny remark on what you have said you mentioned the "Nature" in a way that
    showed it like it is the controlar of every thing " till finally nature puts an end to her journey " and "In spite of the examples that nature keeps on showing us " like wise..
    brother its not the nature it is Allah almighty

thank you :)

Comment

:jkk:
      Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

GOOD POST
        we should not mollycoddle our children into thinking life is gonna be a bed of roses

otherwise we do them no favours

and the closer you want to get to allah
        prepare for tests and be ready with patience and prayer

Comment

^ Well said. JazakAllah khair.

@Inam74. I agree, thanks for the correction. :)
          Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Originally posted by AHMED BHAI View Post
            GOOD POST
            we should not mollycoddle our children into thinking life is gonna be a bed of roses

otherwise we do them no favours

and the closer you want to get to allah
            prepare for tests and be ready with patience and prayer
            OP, agreed excellent post. The above also reminded me of this quote;

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian."
            Dennis Wholey

Comment

Working...
            X