Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Male pregnancy experience "

Assalam alaikom warahmatoAllah wabarakatoh

The title might sound strange ... but,i was reading this article and i thought it would be interesting if i share this piece of info here.

what is Male pregnancy or sympathetic pregnancy or Couvade syndrome???
    is a condition in which the husband experiences some of the same symptoms and behavior as the mother. These most often include minor weight gain, altered hormone levels, morning nausea, and disturbed sleep patterns. In more extreme cases they can include labor pains, postpartum depression, and nosebleeds. The labor pain symptom is commonly known as sympathy pain.

Treatment
    There is no standard mainstream treatment recommended for couvade syndrome because it is not usually mentioned in medical textbooks. Anecdotal evidence, however, indicates that most fathers-to-be are helped by a simple explanation of the syndrome and reassurance that it is not uncommon among American and Canadian men.

When i first read about it i was a little surprised but then i became a lil happy ...hahaa.... because some men at least will understand what a mom goes through !
    :spunch:

have a nice day all :)
    Last edited by ~ Jumana ~; 01-01-11, 04:39 PM.
    Jannah is my aim

Re: "Male pregnancy experience "

no, men will never ever,know what a woman goes thro during pregnancy or birth, not even close.
    There is no such thing as an Israel,
    It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by RaineR View Post
      no, men will never ever,know what a woman goes thro during pregnancy or birth, not even close.
      ur ryt sis , never will they ... but i can`t lie , i felt a lil happy reading some of them will go through that ;D
      sorry brothers!
      Jannah is my aim

Comment

Ain't that called the FLU?
        There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Sympathy pain?? More like attention-seeking pain.

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
            Ain't that called the FLU?
            flu ?
            Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
              hahaha .... now this is a smart thought ... i didn`t think about attention seeking....grrrrrrrrrr... why would they try to do that :( it is the only time poor women can be sympathized with ! ugggg LOL!
              Jannah is my aim

Comment

Sympathetic pregnancy. Tis stooppid if you ask me! ridiculous notion.
                *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                  yeh i would find it a bit annoying tbh, like we are the ones who have the real symptoms so i would feel can u stop faking it and make urself useful please!
                  but really i do think men sometimes find it hard to understand all the small symptoms and annoyances of pregnancy, cos they dont go through it themselves and @ times they r prob thinking ur only pregnant how can it make u so sick or so tired?? bt if they went thru it imagine how much moaning they would do lol, taking example from the usual man flu :p
                  .: Rufaida :.
                  .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                  http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                  “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                  but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Re: &quot;Male pregnancy experience &quot;

:wswrwb:

Wow, you guys really love bashing us men eh? Lol.

On topic, I have heard of this phenomenon before. I think I saw a documentary about it. It is motivated by a man's very strong love for the woman carrying their child and apparently is more likely to happen if the man is naturally the type to feel great empathy for others.

It would be cool in a way, I think. Not the morning puke or labour pains of course, but my wife might find it very touching. Allahu Alam.
                    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

No offence but i would find it realllyy weird :eek3: its think hes a wuss :rotfl: like anna said- it would be annoying :p
                      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

we would find it more touching if they look after us a bit as we r the ones with the real symptoms lol, like u can tell ur wife 'sit down put ur feet up ill bring u some water' or 'i will take the kids out so u can have a bit of peace', not "oh no im gonna puke i really empathise with u soo much, im gonna have to go to bed i really dont feel well, this morning sickness is 2 difficult for me" then he goes off and leaves the wife to do everything while he feels sorry for himself
                        they can show their enthusiasm and stuff like to be happy for the pregnancy, thats touching enough we dont need u lot copying the whole thing :p
                        .: Rufaida :.
                        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

It's tough being a bloke. Just by the fact that we are men we are always fighting a losing battle in order to win the heart of a woman... *theatrical sigh*

Guilty until proven innocent!
                          Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                            It's tough being a bloke. Just by the fact that we are men we are always fighting a losing battle in order to win the heart of a woman... *theatrical sigh*

So true. Women always look down upon the men. We have feelings too.
                            There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
                              So true. Women always look down upon the men. We have feelings too.
                              Aww, you poor things! :there:

As for the topic, men are not suppose to know what pregancy/labor feels like. That's the law of Allah even non-muslims can't deny.
                              Last edited by .mirror.; 02-01-11, 10:01 PM.
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                              X