Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plums, plums, plums.

:salams

We got a brap-tastic harvest of plums from the plum trees this year alhmadulillah.

I'm going to make some plum jam insha'Allah, but what else can we do with them?

Suggestions and recipes appreciated. Jazakum Allahu khayran.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Re: Plums, plums, plums.

Plum tart.
    You can have caramelled plum served with icecream.
    You can add plum pieces in your fruit salad.

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
      Plum tart.
      You can have caramelled plum served with icecream.
      You can add plum pieces in your fruit salad.
      Hmmmmm *drools*

Tell me more about this "caramelled plum"....that sounds tastelicious. *drools again*

Was thinking of making some plum pies for the freezer. Looking for some ideas for long-term preservation, really.

Comment

Mashallah I love plums. Are they purple and sweet?

Plums vs peach? I like peach more.
        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

MashaAllah, lovely. How long did it take till the tree start fruiting? lol, is there such a word, fruiting?

Comment

plums if rip and sweet are delicious on there own. Just eat them. No fancy salad, tart, pie, jam is needed. Just hand out the plums to your neighbours and share the blessings.

Comment

yay we have a couple of plum trees as well mashaallah they gives us lovely plums every year!! What type of plums does yours grow? Ours are these:

first type is reddish with a slight yellow to them and oval in shape-- very sweet!!

second type is small, round and green, like the size of large cherries!

How do you make plum jam? We just eat ours off the tree lol and distribute to family and friends :p
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

u can put them in a huge bucket and then jump and dive in them.

Comment

Kas1m : pics below. I prefer plums to peaches, but nectarines to both. Yummy.

Supernova: I dunno. They were already here when we moved in.

Zee: masha'Allah. I have taken a picture for you (looks similar to the first type):

We're going to give some away, but I wanted to make something also. There's so many of them - the quantity in that pic is about one-third/one-quarter of the whole amount! - and they'll only go to waste otherwise. I reckon plum pies/tarts for the freezer is the way forward.

I dunno how to make plum jam, was gonna ask me Mum - she's been making her own jams/chutneys/etc for donkeys years masha'Allah.

We've also got a couple of cherry trees (one full grown, one baby), but the birds got to them before I did! *smack*

Noobz: er, yeah. Thanks.

Comment

that's a lot!

Comment

We used to have a plum tree before my mum had it chopped down. The asians on my street used to come down with their baskets and take all the plums (without asking permission) lol.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                        We used to have a plum tree before my mum had it chopped down. The asians on my street used to come down with their baskets and take all the plums (without asking permission) lol.
                        Typical. Our neighbour has a plum tree and one side of the tree is in our garden. That side we consider is ours lol because its in our property.
                        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                          Typical. Our neighbour has a plum tree and one side of the tree is in our garden. That side we consider is ours lol because its in our property.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
                            Hmmmmm *drools*

Tell me more about this "caramelled plum"....that sounds tastelicious. *drools again*

Was thinking of making some plum pies for the freezer. Looking for some ideas for long-term preservation, really.
                            make your own caramel in a pot. peel off the plum skin and chop them in long slices and coat them with caramel and then serve wiv icecream.

Comment

Working...
                            X