book question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• book question.

okay... please please understand... this is NOT meant to be a disrespectful question,... but I read satanic verses in college... along w/ master and margarita... which i considered to be very simillar in some places... and i just don't get it... i keep trying to... and one of the reasons i'm asking is something on jeopardy... was a question involving another of his books... I hope this question doesn't into a firestorm... thats not my intention.... but I'd really like to know... Inshall allah this won't upset anyone.
    Serena

Re: book question.

Well obviously he is not our favorite author lol, but i have not read his book i only read Taslima Nasreen who bored me to death what is he talking about? You know as he is no scholar i doubt that he's making any relevant point.
    Ask away!
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by briteyyez View Post
      okay... please please understand... this is NOT meant to be a disrespectful question,... but I read satanic verses in college... along w/ master and margarita... which i considered to be very simillar in some places... and i just don't get it... i keep trying to... and one of the reasons i'm asking is something on jeopardy... was a question involving another of his books... I hope this question doesn't into a firestorm... thats not my intention.... but I'd really like to know... Inshall allah this won't upset anyone.
      Serena
      salaam. I've read Rushdie's boring books, his style of writing is so rubbish, ask away!
      http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

This age, is an age of Islamic Enlightenment inshaAllah, the days when we had people like Salman Rushdie, Ayan Irsi, Taslima Nasreen have passed, even non Muslims don't take them seriously anymore.

Comment

i'm not saying i do or don't agree w/ the book.... its not that... i'm just trying to understand...
          serena

Comment

i'm not saying i do or don't agree w/ the book.... its not that... i'm just trying to understand...
            serena
            Are you the member who keeps saying that you will revert to Islam? If you are what is delaying you from taking the Shahada? If death was to take over you then these books you are reading serve absolutely no benefit in understanding Islam.

Comment

read them years ago in college.... no one to ask then.... so am asking now.... aren't i supposed to ask when i don't understand....

Comment

what is your question?

Comment

what the issue was w/ it....
                  and as i said .... not currently ....
                  currently i'm reading... the butterfly mosque... does my head look big in this... book by augusten burroughs... a book about the holocaust... so no.. this is nothing i've currently read.... i'm just realizing though that i shouldn't ....

Comment

read them years ago in college.... no one to ask then.... so am asking now.... aren't i supposed to ask when i don't understand....
                    you still didn't answer the question

Comment

Never read the book. But, I know the author got a fatwa on him for the book.
                      Anyways, what do you want to ask?
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

mirror
                        thats basically what i'm asking why the fatwa...

islam4u
                        actually i did when i explained that i wasn't currently reading the book. so obviously that wwasn't keeping me from doing the shahada... . its been over 7 years since i had... it was just the jeopardy question yesterday that made me remember that i had questioned it then... wasn't any since in asking when i was in college.. because i didnt consider the prof. i had to have any clue.

Comment

Why the fatwa?

Well, I haven't read the book, so I don't know what's in it. But, anyone that defames the Prophet :saw: or Allah or Quran is guilty of kufr and is an apostate. He's to be executed.
                          Some schoalrs say if he sincerely repents, then he shouldn't be executed.
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                          X