Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Older members, please advice me

:salams

i'm a sister studying away from home. i don't have a student loan, i pay my rent with a small cleaning job at my university in the morning. from 6.00 am to 8.00 am at £ 7.20 an hour. and then I go to my lectures at 9.

the benefit is that i pay my rent easily, and I am still left with half of my wages. alhamdulilah

the disadvantage is that i feel sluggish all day. don't make notes in lectures, and when i get home i feel to tired to study. in short my studies have suffered.

i can easily survive on my grant, but this job just gave me so much extra, which was nice actually.

should I just leave the job? My employer expects me to go back on monday to renew my contract. That's why I need to make a decision now of whether to go back or not.

my mind is saying, leave the job, ur studies are more important.
    my heart is saying, continue.

:jkk:

Re: Older members, please advice me

:wswrwb:

As you say you can live easily on the grant, then i would leave the job. If you are then having money problems contact the uni for an emergency fund for student. They should be able to help you out (assuming your in the uk).

Hope that was helpfull.
    ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Originally posted by EastLondon_Bro View Post

As you say you can live easily on the grant, then i would leave the job. If you are then having money problems contact the uni for an emergency fund for student. They should be able to help you out (assuming your in the uk).

Hope that was helpfull.
      :jkk:. but the uni only gives emergency funds to people who have already received a student loan, and still got into trouble after that.

yes, i could easily just live with the grant, not in dire need. But all the extra cash just came in so handy.

Comment

Sister, if you can survive on your grant then inshaAllah leave the job! Your studies will need your due attention as it gets more intense/nearer to exam time etc. Couldnt you find a job where you work a couple of hours in the afternoon/evening or better still- like a saturday morning? then you still have that extra money but at the same time, youre not feeling exhausted and sluggish from the cleaning before youve even started your day!
        *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post

Sister, if you can survive on your grant then inshaAllah leave the job! Your studies will need your due attention as it gets more intense/nearer to exam time etc. Couldnt you find a job where you work a couple of hours in the afternoon/evening or better still- like a saturday morning? then you still have that extra money but at the same time, youre not feeling exhausted and sluggish from the cleaning before youve even started your day!
          I will leave this job jazzakallah khair.
          and yes, i found a job actually where i would only have to work when I have the time. mashaallah. it's called bank staff, they only call you in when they need you, and you can accept or decline depending on your own schedule. This is much better. I'll apply for that instead. barrakALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Youngsoul View Post
            I will leave this job jazzakallah khair.
            and yes, i found a job actually where i would only have to work when I have the time. mashaallah. it's called bank staff, they only call you in when they need you, and you can accept or decline depending on your own schedule. This is much better. I'll apply for that instead. barrakALLAH
            :up: go for it sister- Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you. Ameen. Hows the home situation?
            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

:salams:

I would say the same thing, If you can live on your grant then it would be best to leave your current job. Your studies is more important, trust me been there done that! If you want some extra mone, why not get a normal job after school, lets say from 16 to 21 pm?

:jkk:
              The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                :up: go for it sister- Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you. Ameen. Hows the home situation?
                Ameen inshaALLAH. I was home for the holidays because i missed them, but I left early because things have turned from disobedience to Allah, to violence and agression. I can't deal with that, i have my own problems.

Comment

bank staff?
                  "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by Youngsoul View Post
                    Ameen inshaALLAH. I was home for the holidays because i missed them, but I left early because things have turned from disobedience to Allah, to violence and agression. I can't deal with that, i have my own problems.
                    Sorry to hear that sister, inshaAllah things improve for you. Lots of sabr and lots of duaa :) remember. after hardship comes ease and nothing stays the same forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X