The daily life sense of competition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The daily life sense of competition

MashaAllah, you must have worked really hard for your wedding dress. The design is unique, the quality of cloth is very good, the color is amazing and it really suits you along with matching/contrast shoes......... Thanks, actually it took me months in taking decisions and picking the right combination for myself. I couldn't sleep for nights because of excitement as I wanted the BEST and the most amazing choice, that is why I considered every detail of it and thought well before selecting. Though it was very expensive, my efforts have paid off as everyone is admiring my gorgeous choice. (Except for Allah. Missed many prayers during the process and the ones I offered in a hurry, I was thinking only about the dress throughout my prayers)

Such excitement is there whenever there is a new event and we want the best and the latest: Furniture, cars, cell phones,.... People Just can't live without comparison with others, and picking the choice that is admired the most. They would always put themselves in a state of a race where they consider their achievements, possessions, belongings,....etc. by keeping in mind a certain reference. And they feel pride in the efforts, struggles and pains that they had to go through in achieving them. That is why the bread earner of the house would always be at his toes to help them in getting ahead of others in this never ending competition, which is healthy but to a certain extent. It is up to ourselves to decide where should the brakes of 'contentment' be applied No matter which "field" a person selects for satisfying his hunger of excelling in life. The greed "dil mangey more" is there till the last breath

With the arrival of a Prophet (saw), those who used to compete in sword fighting, horse riding, property making, gold collecting...etc. applied brakes and pressed the accelerator of competition in 'deeds' that strengthens ones bond with Allah (swt)......... He offers 10 rakahs tahajjud and I am only offering 4 every night ?!? Why should I give less charity than him while I am richer than him. He has got more responsibilities, more troubles, less time, less facilities, YET he manages to recite more Quran daily than I recite in a week ?! SHAME on ME! He is more respectable than me because his physical sacrifices and that of family and wealth were more in the initial stages of Islam when the prophet (saw) faced immense resistance and had less support....Rafey, the biggest thief became that closer to Allah (swt) that everyone thought that when he raises his hands for Dua, Allah (swt) never rejects it. Abubakr (r.a) and khadija (r.a), among the rich traders of Arab before Islam, excelled so much from others in their dedication that they were the only two to receive the "Salam of Allah" through Jibrail (r.a) only after their every bit of possessions & desires were sacrificed for Islam. We can't reach the dust of their feet in developing our hunger for the 'deeds' that brings one closer to Allah (swt) but at least we can look up to them as role models, not only in words but also in actions.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: The daily life sense of competition

Of course, there is nothing wrong in having worldly possessions but to Prioritize it over the quest of good deeds, because our worldly possessions are admired by only few people surrounding us for only a limited time, but our achievements of good deeds would be valued forever by Allah (swt) and appreciated by 1,24000 Prophets, Suhabas, Angels, Taba'eens, Taba'tabaeens and all the Wali-ullahs afterwards.

Having said that, I myself am guilty of always preferring my nafs and heart desires over the deeds that pleases Allah (swt). The reminder is for myself FIRST because my own ears are the closest to my mouth and whatever I say should reach my own ears before it reaches anyone else's. May Allah forgive me and guide me towards the right path.
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 31-12-10, 06:21 AM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Re: The daily life sense of competition

Double post. Sorry
      Last edited by Submit To Peace; 31-12-10, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X