Computer and your eyes ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer and your eyes ...

nah its a LCD monitors.... two of them... side by side.... if i make the print too big... above an 8 font.... then everything looks off too... i hate it.... since i have no choice but to use them.
    serena

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      :wswrwb:

So, I went fatwa hunting. Lol, no, no fatwa this time, but I went hunting and I found out that Computer Vision Syndrome shouldn't cause any long term eye problems, but it'll cause strain and discomfort.

Now, for the bad news:

Read up.
      Computer Vision Syndrome
      What about the effect of Radiation from the Screen?

:jkk:
      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Your eyes will become like this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2QvF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	10732977

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
          What about the effect of Radiation from the Screen?

Not that big of a deal, but LCD are better for eys than CRTs when it comes to radiation.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5468357_ra...cd-screen.html
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
            heard it makes ur eyes big like hamsters.
            lol...:rotfl:
            "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster. Surah Luqman:18

Comment

blinking helps. sometimes if im really intosomthing i wont blink for like 5 minuites and then ill blink and it burnnnsssssss man.

why u putting olive oil in your eyelashes?
              And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Lol, you guys actually remember how long you don't blink for?
                I don't even know when I'm blinking or not blinking...
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                  blinking helps. sometimes if im really intosomthing i wont blink for like 5 minuites and then ill blink and it burnnnsssssss man.

its a desi thing.

Comment

its a desi thing.
                    No, it's not.
                    Adri is far from Desi.

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                      adri needs glasses now
                      wait from this to this --> !?

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
                      Allah sbw will keep us safe :) :p
                      Ameen! :)

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                      My biology teacher in high school used to say this is just a myth.
                      Yeah I heard the same too :S

Originally posted by Abu Suhayb View Post
                      why do u put olive oil on ur eye lashes? i put on my beard to grow. do u also want to grow ur eye lashes...? lol
                      I put it to make my eyelashes stronger and grooow.

heard it makes ur eyes big like hamsters.
                      Where did you hear that =/

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                      My mum always says
                      "If you keep and looking at your laptop you will become Penga"
                      I guess she was right lol
                      Adri do you think your becoming Pengi?
                      What's Pengi? Penguin?

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                      Like this:

That is so cute!!

Originally posted by indexer View Post
                      Any excessive close up work (computers/coursework/reading etc) overtime will cause the eye to elongate which makes you myopic (shortsighted). Humans are born farsighted so when we do closeup work the muscles around our eyes have to pull hard on the eyeball so that you can focus - Maintain this for long enough and you will start to loose your vision. The glasses used to correct the myopia infact make it worse because they bring the image closer and hence the eye muscles will pull much harder.

If you vision is starting to get blurry then spend a few weeks/months away from the computer/or doing any close up work and if it isnt that bad you eyesight may go back to normal. You can use reading glasses for close up work to reduce the stress on your eyes.
                      Wait but I go on my computer eeryday because that is where I practise my arabic and have all my Islamic stuff on my laptop!

Originally posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post
                      Walekumassalam

According to the persistence of an eye.Your eye stores a single image for about 1/16th of second.Now consider about 60 images in a minute every second.You have approximately 3 seconds more of images will be stored after you watched a monitor for about a minute.

Now consider 1 hour, that is 60 minutes that would approximately 240minutes around 4 hours.So if you watch monitor for about 1 hour, the images will be stored for 3 hours more.These images will not be placed inside your brain but it will be placed on your retina.Which could causes head aches,,blurred vision,double vision ,dry, red eyes ,eye irritation etc

But constant posture of the head,then your neck and back causes you to be in a persistent posture which result in weak distribution of blood in your body causes you to have neck and back pain.Which generally happens to the aged people since their blood circulation is not so strong.

So yes i hope this helps.
                      It does help ahki :jkk:

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post

I have felt it too but how come it burns?? and I put olive oil to make them grow and stay strong!

No, it's not.
                      Adri is far from Desi.
                      Well olive oil and natural remedies are very important in my household and yes I am not desi, no one knows what I am :D

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                      [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

No it is not a penguin. It's this

Comment

It looks like someone sat on its face. Still cute though.

Comment

Wait but I go on my computer eeryday because that is where I practise my arabic and have all my Islamic stuff on my laptop!
                            In that case, get yourself some reading glasses, they cost around £10 and will reduce the eye strain. I dont know how bad your sight is but maybe +1.50 or +2 lenses would be good if your sight isnt that bad.
                            Limit the amount of time you spend on the computer to things you 'need to do'. When you are on the computer sit as far back as possble. Spend as much time outside in the open - When you look at far away objects it allows your eyes to relax. Take breaks every 30min for like 10min (go outside preferably).

There are some homeopathic eye drops and oral med which can not only reduce the strain but even help reverse myopia, so you might want to look into that too.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Not that big of a deal, but LCD are better for eys than CRTs when it comes to radiation.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5468357_ra...cd-screen.html
                              akhi the site only hints that LCD's emitt less radiation than CRT's,

It does not state the effect on ones eyes etc, over excessive/prolonged use ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

This should do it...

LCD screens are healthier to use, too. CRT screens direct radiation equal to three electron beams constantly towards the user. Those beams are refreshed every 60-80 seconds. Many people even buy special radiation shields for their CRT screens. Also, the constant refreshing of the screen causes strain on the eyes. Not so with the LCD monitor. LCD monitors use pixels that alternate between on and off. This reduces the strain and fatigue on the eyes.
                                http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-LCD-Mo...-CRT&id=507118

Comment

Working...
                                X