Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer and your eyes ...

:salams

Umm I just wanted to know if being on the computer a lot can make you lose your eyesight?

Because just then I was reading and then my left eye, it is going kind of blurry :O

But then again it could be the olive oil ( I put it on my eye lashes LOL)

But seriously, does it affect eye sight long term?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Re: Computer and your eyes ...

:wswrwb:

So, I went fatwa hunting. Lol, no, no fatwa this time, but I went hunting and I found out that Computer Vision Syndrome shouldn't cause any long term eye problems, but it'll cause strain and discomfort.

Now, for the bad news:

If you have computer vision syndrome, you may experience some or all of these symptoms:

blurred vision
    double vision
    dry, red eyes
    eye irritation
    headaches
    neck or back pain

If these symptoms are not treated, they can have a real effect on your work performance.
    Read up.
    Computer Vision Syndrome
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Does the kind of monitor make a difference, say if it was an LED for instance?
      islamway
      اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Yeah, excessive exposure to bright light ie comps,gaming etc can weaken your eyesight.
        Reading books very closely also has that effect.
        Or lacking one of the vitamins (not sure which one A OR B) :D
        "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
          Does the kind of monitor make a difference, say if it was an LED for instance?
          LCD monitor are better than CRT for the eyes.

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
          Yeah, excessive exposure to bright light ie comps,gaming etc can weaken your eyesight.
          Reading books very closely also has that effect.
          Or lacking one of the vitamins (not sure which one A OR B) :D
          Adding to that...reading, watching TV, PC, in a dark room.
          Bad for eyes!
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

well lit area should be fine and of course sit from a distance.
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

adri needs glasses now
              Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
              فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                Bad for eyes!
                I do all of those ...
                "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

You're gonna end up like this.
                  Dark rooms are only for sleeping, got me?

Plus, those of you who sit in front of the PC for too long should stop and close your eyes for few seconds. You'll feel the burn.

Comment

Plus, those of you who sit in front of the PC for too long should stop and close your eyes for few seconds. You'll feel the burn.
                    Allah sbw will keep us safe :) :p

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

*hail* o wise one!!

Comment

good thing i wear sunglasses when i use my pc ---->

Comment

Bad for eyes!
                          My biology teacher in high school used to say this is just a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                            My biology teacher in high school used to say this is just a myth.
                            Yeah it is, i remember when i was diagnosed with myopie my mum was convinced it was because i was reading too much
                            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
                              :salams
                              [COLOR=purple]But then again it could be the olive oil ( I put it on my eye lashes
                              why do u put olive oil on ur eye lashes? i put on my beard to grow. do u also want to grow ur eye lashes...? lol
                              "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster. Surah Luqman:18

Comment

Working...
                              X